Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

jmeks23

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by jmeks23 »

It was a grind but week 6 finished! Now just long runs every time...

It feels so good finishing these runs after feeling like crap during most of them. Tonight I was sore, tired, and out of breath for most of the 25 minutes but I did it anyways and it's amazing.
completesky

Post by completesky »

I'm back running again after a really bad injury.

I missed this thread!
Emi's Couch to 5K - Done
Emi's Couch to 10K - Done
100 Push-Up Challenge - Pending
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I was going to go for a record time 10 laps around the block the other day but my ribs had other plans and tried to off themselves in the middle of my run, so I only got 7 laps in. Why do ribs need muscles anyway, and why do they cramp in an activity that doesn't involve them? They probably just want attention.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Ran a bit today, just to see if my toe didn't hurt. It bled, but didn't hurt, so I guess that's okay.
KyKy

Post by KyKy »

So I finally started my routine at about 6:30 pm today. Finished it at 7:15. So it lasted a while, and i'm pretty happy with the results. A few changes I did do was add the running to the lower body workout which helped my legs adjust. I made it through all the workouts pretty easily with the squats giving me trouble, but I did fine. For the running I thought i'd change it up instead of walking for 1 and 1/2 minutes after 2 minutes jogging. I threw away the walking. And went straight jogging for 10 minutes. Near the end felt a little tired, but made it through without stopping, and now i'm finally relaxed. Can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow. (:
DownRUpLYBStart

Post by DownRUpLYBStart »

Wow, thank you for posting this! Gonna start this, and glad to see a great source of information.

What is everyone's preference to running shoe brands? I am a fanboy to Nike so I pretty much stick with Team Swoosh.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

completesky wrote:I'm back running again after a really bad injury.

I missed this thread!
Welcome back! Glad you're feeling better. Good to see you again.
jmeks23 wrote:It was a grind but week 6 finished! Now just long runs every time...

It feels so good finishing these runs after feeling like crap during most of them. Tonight I was sore, tired, and out of breath for most of the 25 minutes but I did it anyways and it's amazing.
Congratulations! Such a good feeling. You're close to the finish now! Though it's not really the finish as such...
Pseudogenesis wrote:Why do ribs need muscles anyway, and why do they cramp in an activity that doesn't involve them? They probably just want attention.
They're just being clingy. :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Akros

Post by Akros »

Melancholia is bullshit, don't watch it. Seriously.
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

wahahaha~ I finally (well almost) did it perfectly! Time to move on to W4D3! (i'm just happy coz I always fail to do it on set 5.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I hurt.

For no apparent reason, I got back home today and thought "Hey, why don't I start EC25K today?"

So I did.

And I never realised that a minute could be such a long time >.< Got back home and just collapsed into a chair for 5 mins before I could even get the strength to get to the computer and type this, but I made it!

W1D2 on Wed.

PS. Thanks to whoever made the EC25K soundtrack. I used it with much success today (except for the part when I got halfway around and realised that my MP3 player was on loop and I wouldn't recognise the start of the track when it came around again, so had to pause and take it off loop).
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
ook

Post by ook »

Althamus wrote:I hurt.

For no apparent reason, I got back home today and thought "Hey, why don't I start EC25K today?"

So I did.

And I never realised that a minute could be such a long time >.< Got back home and just collapsed into a chair for 5 mins before I could even get the strength to get to the computer and type this, but I made it!

W1D2 on Wed.

PS. Thanks to whoever made the EC25K soundtrack. I used it with much success today (except for the part when I got halfway around and realised that my MP3 player was on loop and I wouldn't recognise the start of the track when it came around again, so had to pause and take it off loop).
Haha, awesome. Good luck with the rest of it, I'm sure you can do it. ( you did complete 101 pushups after all, which is harder than this.)

Today after I got back from running and was about to take a shower, I looked in the mirror. I noticed lumps protruding from the outside of each of my arms. I thought, "Maybe it's just the way my arms are twisted forwards, it's all the fat bunched together." But no, I felt them, and they were firm. :shock:
Holy ****, a muscle! I have triceps. :o wooooo
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Althamus wrote:I hurt.

So I did.

W1D2 on Wed.

Apologies, but what's EC25K? Google was being coy with me.

To ring out a common theme, I've been doing push ups. Not really keeping track of how many, but I try to go for about 80 per day in groups of 20, but it's not really structured. I don't even do it every other day anymore, just whenever I have the time or space. It's definitely much easier to do 20 consecutive push ups, and I can already feel my arms getting firmer. Guzzling protein shakes seems to be paying off.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

andros414

Post by andros414 »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Apologies, but what's EC25K? Google was being coy with me.
"EC25K" is "Emi's Couch to 5 Kilometer" challenge, which I get to miss out on for a few days because of excessive heat and twisting my ankle trying to get it out from under the rear end of a car. Should've known I'd get hurt, bad things tend to happen when I work on vehicles. :cry:

Maybe I can make up for it by just walking...
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

andros414 wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:Apologies, but what's EC25K? Google was being coy with me.
"EC25K" is "Emi's Couch to 5 Kilometer" challenge, which I get to miss out on for a few days because of excessive heat and twisting my ankle trying to get it out from under the rear end of a car. Should've known I'd get hurt, bad things tend to happen when I work on vehicles. :cry:

Maybe I can make up for it by just walking...

Oh, that helps. For a second I thought some of you were at the point of running Extra Credit 25 kilometer races, and I was going to get very discouraged lol.

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Apologies for the double post, but I feel like some kind of celebration is in order. The first time I went out running, I couldn't even get around the block twice in a row. A few times later and I tried 6 laps in a row. Eventually (A few runs later) I reached the 10 lap in a row benchmark, and since then that's been my goal. The first time I reached that point (Which was a little under 2 weeks ago), I ran something like 42 minutes 56 seconds. Every time I went out to run again I shaved off a bit from my previous time, be it a half a minute or a minute. Last time I ran I took my iPod with me, which caused me to run harder (Through the magical power of musical motivation), with the end result of pushing too hard, getting a cramp in my ribs and having to stop on my 7th lap.

This time, I grabbed my iPod, primed my stopwatch, and ended up running ten laps around the block in 32 minutes and 52 seconds. In less than a business week of runs I've shaved ten full bloody minutes off of my time. To put that into perspective, I used to run a mile in 8 minutes.

I never thought running could be so rewarding.