Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Helbereth

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Helbereth »

Beoran wrote:
Nyzer wrote: I'd say sexual compatibility is required. But yeah, as I was writing that post, I realized that sexual compatibility and desire varies wildly between people.
Fully agreed there. Those two sentences are far more succint way of saying what I needed a whole rant for. Sexual compatibility. Whatever that may be for both the partners. And also, it's a process, not a state. Everything in life is.
This I can agree with. What good is icing if it tastes like dirt?

Unless you're one of those weirdos who likes to eat dirt...
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

gragon wrote:just a random question
is there anyone else that enjoys the winter and autumn more then the spring and summer?
Yes. *Waves*.

Fgs, everything was going so well. I'd found someone I was enthralled by, who returned my affection, but she changed her mind about our relationship. I can't blame her - we only really have 5 weekends before I'm going to uni - but it was crushing just the same to have her say that. She's right, but... *sighs*

I need someone.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

dwarduk wrote:I need someone.
That's a dangerous state of mind. I mean, there are worse states, but perpetually thinking about being alone like that will just make it worse. Don't try to force a relationship just for the sake of not being alone - it's not healthy.

Solitude can feel like a curse, but it's better than being in a vapid relationship for no good reason.
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

I have to agree, especially when you're about to undergo some other life-changing events like moving away for university. If she can't follow you, she can't, and a relationship with no reasonable hope of progress isn't going to end well.

Wait out the month or two, and if you're still interested in finding someone, look around the university. But don't tell yourself that you need someone.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

I don't want a relationship for a relationship, don't misunderstand me. I want a relationship that is best friends and then some; and I feel right now that she is the only person that could give that to me. Ah, I'm sure all of you have been through this and are clearly seeing how silly I'm being about this. Never mind that, though.

And no, I most definitely do not just need someone for the sex; I desperately want to be in that situation again where I share everything with that one person. Anyway, I'll stop embarrassing myself now and go back to trying to make something better than terrible with Windows Movie Maker :lol:
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

and shame for not
Being like me has caused many insults about my manhood to fly my way. I have no real sexual desires. Attraction towards other humans is there, but all that desire just doesn't exist in me. But I felt no shame. And I knew it was the same for her. While other people late at night would, ya'know, do stuff, we preferred to talk about things we both enjoyed while laying or sitting somewhere watching the stars, or listening to the rain. Being how we were, there was never any parental problems with me staying over there, or her over at my house. Even sleeping in the same bed was never a problem. We were just glad to have found someone who wouldn't go searching for more than what we each wanted. To this day, I'm still a virgin, and have never actually had a boner. Which seems impossible, but I've never been "turned on" by anything. And despite that, I used to have the dirtiest mind of anyone I knew. Back then.. when she was with me..

I forgot to mention, but during the two years after her death, her mother becamed remarried. (If you'll recall, she lost her husband half a year before... her daughter died...) That should explain why I say parents in a plural form. It could be that her mother is still feeling terrible and the step-father is what is causing me so much grief about what happened. I may try to talk to her mom in private someday...

I've already accepted the fact that I'm alone in this world now. It doesn't really bother me that much anymore. I'd just be glad if everyone else around me found someone to be with.

But the sad part was, I was just watching an episode of Chobits earlier and Chii asked Hideki what memories were. That stopped me in my tracks, I had to pause it to really think back on my past. But my memory.... it isn't doing well these days. I forget things quickly, and my memories themselves feel like they are disappearing slowly over time. I'm only turning 20 in a few months, there's no reason for my mind to be in this sorry state. And it only seems to be my memories themselves, not things I've learned. I still remember my dog's name, but I can't remember the first time I met her, or the first time I realized she had taken a liking to me out of the entire family.

Come to think of it, currently my emotions are losing focus as well. I can't remember the last time I was happy, or smiled for real inside.

I'm glad that the Internet records everything for everyone to see, so that even if most people forget, there will always be someone who remembers.
So I've finally decided to trust everyone here enough with my previous beloved's name. Before I one day forget it...everyone here will still help me remember. Her name, was Melody. God dammit I miss her.

One funny quirk about her was that she had very special hair. Technically it might've been blonde with another color mixed in, but everyone around her always thought she had silver hair. It was just something about her hair that gleamed in the sunlight to make it a silver color. It was very precious to her, and as long as I knew her, she never cut it.

Wow, alot of different thoughts spiraled from the original thought I was trying to express, that I have no shame for what I am.
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

dwarduk wrote:I don't want a relationship for a relationship, don't misunderstand me. I want a relationship that is best friends and then some; and I feel right now that she is the only person that could give that to me. Ah, I'm sure all of you have been through this and are clearly seeing how silly I'm being about this. Never mind that, though.

And no, I most definitely do not just need someone for the sex; I desperately want to be in that situation again where I share everything with that one person. Anyway, I'll stop embarrassing myself now and go back to trying to make something better than terrible with Windows Movie Maker :lol:
Whoa, no one said you were saying that. It just sounded like you wanted a relationship out of feeling lonely rather than out of passion.

And yeah, I've been through something like that. Except instead of the girl giving me logical reasons that make sense, stemming from plans to make a big change in life... well, I got a helping of lies, nonsense, and "I've talked about this too much already, no more"... after a full two days of contact only through emails. And I couldn't even bring myself to write anything for an entire one of those days.
Being like me has caused many insults about my manhood to fly my way.
Honestly can't say I'm surprised, unfortunately. It's apparently a huge fucking deal for people to care and judge what other people do or don't do between their sheets. I'll admit I have somewhat of a vague interest in it, but then I have a strange curiosity for almost everything in the world. There was actually a conversation I had with someone near the beginning of this year over Facebook about what the process of childbirth is like for her, and no painful or "gross" detail was left out. She would ask something to the extent of "do you really want to know" and I always said "sure, why not", or something like that. And I don't think anything much of it, really. Didn't then, don't now.
I forget things quickly, and my memories themselves feel like they are disappearing slowly over time. I'm only turning 20 in a few months, there's no reason for my mind to be in this sorry state. And it only seems to be my memories themselves, not things I've learned.
With four years on you, gotta say that that's normal with growing older (and not in an Alzheimer's way). Things that were once hugely important to you can easily be forgotten without something to tweak your memory now and again. It's pretty close to exercise, actually: ignore a part of the body for too long and it'll atrophy. Same thing for the brain, even for memory. If you're mentally reliving something over and over again, you'll remember it, sure. Will you remember the events that led to it? The events that preceded it? The events that followed? Not so well, no. And less so over time.
As for anything passing you by now, that's just a wonderful symptom of depression: nothing is worth remembering now, so you don't take much of a care of it in the first place.
Before I one day forget it...everyone here will still help me remember. Her name, was Melody.
I guessed as much, weeks ago. I doubt you will ever need to remember such a significant detail about someone who has left such an indelible mark on your life; however, should you need to, you can always look at your Latias.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Dwarduk, I think you're right, you do need someone, because almost everyone needs someone. But there's also something like good timing. I daresay now is just a bit too soon yet. The lady you like decided it would be too hard, to pursue a relationship, and so, sadly , that is how it ends up with the two of you going your separate ways. Now, I think you need some time to relax, perhaps mourn a bit and then, when you're ready, go out and look for that one for you.

Xiious, I think it's perfectly fine to be as you are you were honest about it and compatible with each other. I think insults for people with low or high libido are both
wrong. I'm sure that one day, when you are ready, you'll eventually find someone who will appreciate you for the way you are, also in that aspect.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Names always stick with me - I think it's the writer in me keeping them locked in a room somewhere. I feel awful when I forget a name (a rare occurrence), but I've never used devices to remember them - they just stay in there.

I've never known anyone by the name of Melody, but I've known a Melanie (co-worker), Matilda (brother's classmate), Melia (exchange student), Maria (my classmate), Moira (babysitter), Myra (mother's friend), Mindy (mother's friend's daughter), Mandy (my classmate), Maxine (co-worker) and Mackenzie (co-worker).

Sorry, that was random - watch out for brain droppings.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

So today was a horrible day...I stepped in Helbereth's brain droppings. :( (Actually, I just woke up 1.5 hours ago. Today hasn't been going on long enough to be horrible.)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Xiious wrote:I'm glad that the Internet records everything for everyone to see, so that even if most people forget, there will always be someone who remembers.
So I've finally decided to trust everyone here enough with my previous beloved's name. Before I one day forget it...everyone here will still help me remember. Her name, was Melody. God dammit I miss her.

One funny quirk about her was that she had very special hair. Technically it might've been blonde with another color mixed in, but everyone around her always thought she had silver hair. It was just something about her hair that gleamed in the sunlight to make it a silver color. It was very precious to her, and as long as I knew her, she never cut it.
Melody's a beautiful name. That's cool you entrusted us with that.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Walrusfella wrote:
Xiious wrote:I'm glad that the Internet records everything for everyone to see, so that even if most people forget, there will always be someone who remembers.

Melody's a beautiful name. That's cool you entrusted us with that.
She certainly has a lot of unique qualities... sounds like a cool girl.

I havent talked to my dad in a while, and he started communicating with my mom. Ever since that happened I stopped taking my mother for granted. She needs help right now and I she is gonna move to Hawaii (thats where the business she works for resides) and she asked me to stay with her for a while till i get back on my feet. it certainly is tempting, but I wanted to move to LA at some point and being in Hawaii would make that more of a challenge certainly.
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

I am actually incredibly jealous of you Xiious :o <3.
Image Kaede <3
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Everyone is jealous of a girl.. You're kind of a few years late guys.. But I appreciate the high regard she has with you people.
Wanderingheartache

Post by Wanderingheartache »

Melody, she sounds a lot like someone I once knew... just a really good friend that people insist I imagined when I was tormented in middle school. It was kind of hard to prove someone is real when your only explanation of why they've never seen them is "they go to a different school, you wouldn't know them..." at that age.

Today, I talked with Naomi again... she'll be back from Virginia in about a week's time. I'm supposed to hang out with her three days after she finally arrives home... we are going to have a Hetalia marathon, I need to present her with the presents I bought her while at AX. Including a pass I bought for her because she wanted to attend next year... ah, just checking in and reminding everyone that I'm getting better. n_n
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)