Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sk3tch

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Sk3tch »

Walrusfella wrote:
I then ran over a rabbit on the ride home from the track. :cry: The silly thing dove right under my front tire despite my swerving. At least it was instant.
:cry: WHY, WHY IS IT THAT EVERYTHING CUTE AND CUDDLY DIES WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :cry:
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

You know... I had an idea. When I was younger, I was in and out of an organization called Weight Watchers - diet organization, sort of sucked but that is neither here nor there. Anyway, at every meeting the leader of our group would give us a grand total of how much weight everyone lost for the year. It was neat, and a bit inspirational.

Maybe we should do something like that for our KS group. We could accumulate a total lbs. lost by all dieting members of this thread (and the KS forum overall, hopefully) and find out how much we've lost as a big group of feels-ridden people. Perhaps something similar could be accomplished for running, too.

Any thoughts?
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
andros414

Post by andros414 »

Gandara wrote:You know... I had an idea. When I was younger, I was in and out of an organization called Weight Watchers - diet organization, sort of sucked but that is neither here nor there. Anyway, at every meeting the leader of our group would give us a grand total of how much weight everyone lost for the year. It was neat, and a bit inspirational.

Maybe we should do something like that for our KS group. We could accumulate a total lbs. lost by all dieting members of this thread (and the KS forum overall, hopefully) and find out how much we've lost as a big group of feels-ridden people. Perhaps something similar could be accomplished for running, too.

Any thoughts?
Seems like a good idea, and it'd be made easy for those that use Fitocracy. Only problem I see is that some people may not have access to a scale (Something I need to take care of soon).

Got Wk1D2 of the 100 pushup challenge done. Thought it'd be difficult considering I spend part of the day literally dragging a car through my front yard, which was made much more difficult by the fact the front suspension was missing. :evil: Hopefully there won't be a next time. *sigh*
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Did half of week 3 day 2 of 200 situps. Had to stop at risk of being late for work. Better time-management in future! :P
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Weird Badger

Post by Weird Badger »

Gandara wrote:
Weird Badger wrote:In the last few days i thought it was ok to run alone and i was motivated, today i had a run with an old friends and i realized it is a billion times better.
Things are improving.
How are you running, Dr. Strangelove?
You are in a wheelchair.

Wait a minute... how am I losing weight?
I am an apple.

This is terrible.
well you know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww7WlSPi9gc
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Gandara wrote:You know... I had an idea. When I was younger, I was in and out of an organization called Weight Watchers - diet organization, sort of sucked but that is neither here nor there. Anyway, at every meeting the leader of our group would give us a grand total of how much weight everyone lost for the year. It was neat, and a bit inspirational.

Any thoughts?
for running: accumulated kilometers all members have ran?
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Akros

Post by Akros »

gRaViJa wrote:

Any thoughts?
yeap, we could like go online once a month or something and talk about on the IRC channel
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:No running today, I just came from spending the day with some friends at the local pool and tonight is "League of Legends"/Diablo-Night xD
Hotdawg, you play LoL too? Dood we gotta play sometime! wahaha~ I wonder if Phil. server can connect internationally.
Sk3tch wrote:
Walrusfella wrote:
I then ran over a rabbit on the ride home from the track. :cry: The silly thing dove right under my front tire despite my swerving. At least it was instant.
That is the saddest thing I've heard today. Let's all give a moment of silence for bugs bunny.

btw, about Gandara's suggestion...My brain unfortunately has failed to access the information tht you guys are talking about. Mind filling me in on the details dood? (But from the looks of it, it seems pretty good.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ook

Post by ook »

gRaViJa wrote:

Any thoughts?
I suggest minutes spent runnning, since time is much easier to measure than distance, and the C25K w/ Emi that most people are working on is based on time.

Plus, everyone uses minutes. We don't measure stuff in meters over here :p (except for races)

Since we're talking about weight, I weighed myself today. I'm now under 250 lbs :D (247-248)
Back in February when I started this whole thing I was 325, so that means... in about 5 and half months I've lost 75 lbs, a little over 3 pounds per week. wow.
And I'm not starving myself, I still eat whenever I'm hungry, until I'm full. Just now I'm eating more nutritious stuff instead of all those empty calories and sugar like I used to. I guess eating healthier stuff really does make a difference. And it's actually pretty fun :D learning to cook stuff other than microwave dinners and hot dogs, and exercise
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Ook, that's freaking awesome. You got a target weight you're shooting for? Since I started tracking my weight loss (5/19/2012) I've averaged 2.65 lbs. a week. Feels so good to be improving your life, doesn't it?

Weekly Update

Another 1 lb. this week. I'm heading out for a short vacation with my family, should have plenty of time for outdoor activities and swimming. Though I may have a little trouble keeping the food healthy-ish... :?

When I return I'll start compiling a spreadsheet with people's weight loss. You don't have to report in every single week, but whenever you feel like dropping an update I'll add it / calculate it in and update our total lbs. lost. Anyone else feel like taking the reigns on the "time ran" portion? :D
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Shame I don't have any influence over the food we have lying about the house, so I'll have to eat as healthily as I can until I move out. Then it's grapes and pistachios for days.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
ook

Post by ook »

Gandara wrote:Ook, that's freaking awesome. You got a target weight you're shooting for? Since I started tracking my weight loss (5/19/2012) I've averaged 2.65 lbs. a week. Feels so good to be improving your life, doesn't it?
I'm aiming to eventually be between 150-175, and we'll see how it goes from there (for instance if I want to add muscle, or if my body just naturally doesn't want to maintain that weight - I've never been skinny before). Obviously the weight loss will slow down, so that's a LONG term goal. But at one point I was over 350 (I don't know how much over, because my scale didn't go up that high :p) so I think a nice 200 lbs lost would be cool.

And yes, it feels like I can do anything :D
This is probably the biggest and most satisfying thing I've ever done in my life.

keep it up man, I love reading about your updates. /hi5

Pseudogenesis wrote:Shame I don't have any influence over the food we have lying about the house, so I'll have to eat as healthily as I can until I move out. Then it's grapes and pistachios for days.
Yes that was a big problem for me, my parents have always been total junk food junkies. I don't know anything about your situation, but as long as you have a job it's probably never too early to start buying all your own food and eating it.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

ook wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:Shame I don't have any influence over the food we have lying about the house, so I'll have to eat as healthily as I can until I move out. Then it's grapes and pistachios for days.
Yes that was a big problem for me, my parents have always been total junk food junkies. I don't know anything about your situation, but as long as you have a job it's probably never too early to start buying all your own food and eating it.

I don't. :p But I suppose the stuff my parents buy is good enough. I'll just subsist on string cheese and protein shakes.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Pseudogenesis wrote:I don't. :p But I suppose the stuff my parents buy is good enough. I'll just subsist on string cheese and protein shakes.
I hear all the girls dig scurvy. :)

Tallying up the "Total Emi Inspired Tonnage Lost" is a neat idea. "Total Emi Inspired Man-Hours Run" is cool too, but it would probably be harder.

Ook that's an inspiring loss, great job. I haven't been formally dieting, more just eating a lot less and asking the question "is this going to be worth it if I put it in my mouth" eg. butter tarts and licorice yes, ice cream and chips no. My goal is 220, which is 8 pounds away. I suppose I could adjust it downward once I get there. 205 might be nice...
Sk3tch wrote: :cry: WHY, WHY IS IT THAT EVERYTHING CUTE AND CUDDLY DIES WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :cry:
I probably shouldn't have told about that, but I was still rattled by it. :(
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Gandara wrote:Ook, that's freaking awesome. You got a target weight you're shooting for? Since I started tracking my weight loss (5/19/2012) I've averaged 2.65 lbs. a week. Feels so good to be improving your life, doesn't it?

Weekly Update

Another 1 lb. this week. I'm heading out for a short vacation with my family, should have plenty of time for outdoor activities and swimming. Though I may have a little trouble keeping the food healthy-ish... :?

When I return I'll start compiling a spreadsheet with people's weight loss. You don't have to report in every single week, but whenever you feel like dropping an update I'll add it / calculate it in and update our total lbs. lost. Anyone else feel like taking the reigns on the "time ran" portion? :D
aww, it's ok dood. Your still gonna work out anyways so you can have fun with your food a little. I think you deserve it after all the progress you've made. Have a little vacation time from the diet. wahaha

update: Was finally able to run and it felt good! (and kinda fast) But now, (prolly due to being excited abt it coz I haven't done it in 3 weeks coz of the rain and stuff) My legs are absolutely in pain. wahaha Still, it feels good to finally do it again.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.