Yet Another One-shot Repository (New Entry 12/6/23)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Karaoke Night

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Also, there's a third category associated with the song: Women, gay men, and male strippers.
Ah, excuse me for not having much experience with the latter group ;-)
Maybe I'm resitant to this specific piece of humour, because when I do Karaoke with my friends the question of the gender of the original artist never even came up. The criteria for song choice are: "Do I know the song?", "Do I like the song?" and "How hard is it to sing?"
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I can't do karaoke.

I can sing, fairly well, from what I'm told.

Put me in front of people, though, and you'd be lucky to hear me humming.

I also don't drink, so that's not happening.

I sit back and watch.
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

Helbereth wrote:I can't do karaoke.

I can sing, fairly well, from what I'm told.

Put me in front of people, though, and you'd be lucky to hear me humming.

I also don't drink, so that's not happening.

I sit back and watch.
I cant do karaoke either.

I don't sing.

Put me infront of people you'd be lucky if I don't push you down the stairs (I kid, I kid)

Too young to drink.

Sitting back and watching is all I do.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

I'll kareoke for the same reason most men will do something embarassing and silly:

A cute girl says it'd be a good idea. Fortunately I have an intimate knowledge of Rat Pack songs to woo them with.

Drinking is optional. Well, depends on whose buying :)
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Catgirl Kleptocracy

Post by Catgirl Kleptocracy »

I love Karaoke. I'm pretty decent, too, until about the fourth beer. Then it all goes to Hell. And you know what they say about Hell--it's painful, but it's where all the fun is. If you've never done drunken karaoke, and you're down for a few beers, I strongly recommend. Just plan on sounding worse the more you drink. Not that you'll notice.
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

I don't usually singing at karaoke, but when i do......
"WHAT THE HELL I GONNA SONG IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS ????"

That's true story of me sadly :'(

Ps : At least friends don't say me singing more worse at song "I DON'T WANT TO SET THW WORLD OF FIRE" >.<

Anyway, nice writings and.....manly tears :P
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

TheSongofRaven wrote:I don't usually singing at karaoke, but when i do......
I expected this to be followed by:

"I drink Dos Equis"
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

TheSongofRaven wrote:I don't usually singing at karaoke, but when i do......
"WHAT THE HELL I GONNA SONG IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS ????"
Made this just for you.
http://builder.cheezburger.com/Builder/ ... 7cdc7889eb
Your Welcome.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
ProfAllister

Re: Yet Another One-shot Repository

Post by ProfAllister »

Karaoke Night
25 Years Later... (You Are Here)
A Very Student Council Christmas
Sharks and Minnows
Katawa Shoujo: The Musical!
So She Dances
Hokkaido: a Turning Point
Where Are They Now?
Freaks and Friends Super Happy Funtime Christmas Special
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow
Two Halves Make a Hole
The Death and Return of Niji
Meeting Miki
War Diary 31-10-2007
Three Bits of Silliness
Onsen a Lifetime (Separate Thread)
A Christmas Sketch (Separate Thread)
A Convenient Distraction
Dreams By Firelight
Dear Hisao (Separate Thread)
Samosa Surprise (Separate Thread)
Father Knows Best (Separate Thread)

25 Years Later...

Another evening grading papers.

I always wondered why so many of my teachers always seemed exhausted, or even depressed. I don't wonder anymore.

It's not the amount of work, or the grading itself. It's the kids. So few of them seem to really care. And when you do find students that care, it's only a matter of time before they move on. It's all about the small victories. Help a student here, give a little advice there, and, if you're lucky, you manage to make an impression and hopefully change his life forever.

So, in the end, it's all worth it. Draining, but worth it.

I don't notice the new arrival until I feel her hand on my shoulder, “Hicchan, dinner's on the table.”

I used to dislike that name, but I guess I got used to it. Or I just stopped caring about something so silly. After more than twenty years of marriage, little things like that don't matter as much. Besides, she says it with so much affection that it couldn't bother me even if I wanted it to.

A gentle squeeze, then she's gone, having left as silently as she arrived.

I'm not as young as I used to be, and my heart's not getting any better, so I've learned to take things slow. Men my age get heart attacks normally, so I'm doubly at risk. It's not all bad, though. Medicine has advanced, if a bit slower than I'd have liked. I felt like celebrating when the doctor took me down to eight pills. It's still a lot, but now I'm in the single digits.

Getting up, I glance at the pictures on the wall of our office. There's one from back in high school, that year we first met. Me, my future wife, and her best friend. They were so close, it sometimes seemed like they were joined at the hip. It's been years since we last caught up with her, but whenever we do, it's like we never separated.

I hear a laugh down the hall, from the dining room. That musical laugh, that confident voice – daily reminders of why I love her so much.

We've changed quite a bit from those high school days. We've both put on quite a bit of weight, for one. It was bound to happen eventually. She loves food, and she's an excellent cook. The years have been kinder to her, though. She's pleasantly plump; I'm a paunchy old man.

More chatter from the dining room. Talking to the kids about their days, I guess.

I make my way to the hall, stopping to glance at our family portrait. Minami, our oldest, isn't really a kid anymore. She's practically a woman now, preparing to go to university. I'd say she looks just like her mother, but that would be a lie. She inherited my nose and ears, poor girl. She wears them better than me, though, and it certainly hasn't hurt her popularity with the boys. Hiroichi's not too far behind her, getting ready to start high school himself. He actually looks like my father, but he has his mother's eyes. He'll certainly break some girls' hearts, provided he pays enough attention to something that isn't ball-shaped. And then there's little Setsumi. She's not allowed to grow up. She'll always be my little girl.

“Dad, wake your ass up! We're getting hungry!”
“Setsumi! Don't speak to your father that way!”

That's my little girl.

Entering the dining room, I'm greeted by a heartwarming sight – a lovely spread, my three children, and, best of all, the love of my life.

My eyes meet those of my wife, and I fall in love with her all over again. Her hair's much shorter than it used to be, pulled back into a simple ponytail. I used to think she was beautiful in spite of her scars. These days, I just think of her as beautiful.

I used to think that she was delicate and fragile. Time and again, Hanako's proven me wrong. If you were to keep score, I've probably had to rely on her for support far more often than she's had to rely on me. Fortunately for me, love's not about keeping score.

Last edited by ProfAllister on Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
andros414

Post by andros414 »

I want to curse at you, Prof, but something tells me you purposefully started this out to seem like a Misha-Hisao fic instead of a Hanako-Hisao. :?
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Obviously intentionally misleading.
And to be honest not the best example of this, since even reading the story a second time I can't fit some of the descriptions and memories to Hanako.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Mirage_GSM wrote:And to be honest not the best example of this, since even reading the story a second time I can't fit some of the descriptions and memories to Hanako.
Care to elaborate?

As has been noted, this was actually more of an exercise than creative writing per se. A self-imposed challenge to see if it was possible. Needless to say, a factual error would throw it all off.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, you let Hanako use "Hicchan", which is in the context of KS obviously Misha's trademark.

Then the remark about His wife and her friend "being joined at the hip" which also doesn't quite describe Hanako and Lilly's relationship.

So, yes, you wanted to mislead the readers, but there wasn't much subtlety about it. It was almost as if you'd given his wife pink-drilled hair just to reveal it was a wig at the end.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, you let Hanako use "Hicchan", which is in the context of KS obviously Misha's trademark.

Then the remark about His wife and her friend "being joined at the hip" which also doesn't quite describe Hanako and Lilly's relationship.

So, yes, you wanted to mislead the readers, but there wasn't much subtlety about it. It was almost as if you'd given his wife pink-drilled hair just to reveal it was a wig at the end.
Agreed. Though the ''being joined at the hip'' could also be about Hanako and Lilly's friendship, the fact that ''Hicchan'' came before that makes Misha pop up in the reader's head. Anything that is ambiguous and attributable to either Hanako & Lilly or Misha & Shizune, would obviously tend to go to the latter after that.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Reksho wrote:Agreed. Though the ''being joined at the hip'' could also be about Hanako and Lilly's friendship,....
If it had been about Hanako, I'd have expected something along the lines of "She was always clinging to that friend" or "That friend was always there for her" etc.
The "Being joined at the hip" is really a Shizune/Misha thing. I think it's even a few times in the original text.

Sore wa himitsu desu.