Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Beoran

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Beoran »

Ghotiheads, thank you for story. Other have said it but I think you really need to see a good doctor ASAP and have everything checked out. I'll add some grumblings about the USA(?) medical system, it seems to me it just sucks. You need help, you should get it, a low cost or even free. The point of health insurance should be the healthy paying for the ill. Solidarity. Being human to humans.

Kouryuu, I'm a dad myself, and while I have to admit sometimes I'm also clueless, I think my little girl is mostly very happy. Well, except if I forbid here something, but I guess that's unavoidable. Young children don't know many things, they just follow their immediate feelings and desires even if the results would be undesirable. As for having kids for yourself, your concern for their well-being is great, so I'd say you're ore than qualified to be a father. In stdead of giving up on the future of mankind, why not try to contribute to it? I'm sure it will turn out better than you expected.

Newnar, while your friends sound like they're trying to "fix" you, I'm not sure whether they are really concerned, or more seeing you as someone to toy with. However that may be, I do think that it's a good idea to try and make some improvements in your life. A man doesn't have to be all that handsome to find a lady, but you have to take care of yourself well, and try to work on your personality a bit.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Ghotiheads

Post by Ghotiheads »

Yeah USA health care. Or Lack there of. Sometimes I wish I was Canadian. My parents are still paying off those Spinal Taps.
I grammar badly, I apologize heartily on this.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Ghotiheads wrote:Yeah USA health care. Or Lack there of. Sometimes I wish I was Canadian. My parents are still paying off those Spinal Taps.
This place needs an overhaul on just about everything. Health care included. :cry:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Ghotiheads, I had a similar scare like that when I was 21. I was at work and noticed a nagging pain in my chest. A few minutes later it became a searing, crushing pain that doubled me over at my desk. I thought I was having a heart attack. After about 10 minutes of agony, the pain abated. I didn't feel great, but I was still alive. I finished up the most immediate tasks (stupid, but that's sort of how I am) and had a colleague drive me to the hospital.

When I finally got seen the doctor diagnosed it as a collapsed lung. My left lung had come loose from its moorings at the top and flopped down on itself. Hurt like buggery, but no real damage. Apparently it can sometimes just do that, especially with tall guys. It popped back up on its own a few days later. If it hadn't, there was the option of punching a small hole in the side and inserting a tube to suck it back into place.

Hopefully your problem is just something like that, not your heart. Please don't panic, and get looked over by somebody as soon as you can.
Camoufrage wrote: So today's the day before we All split off and go back to our homes and such. I saw my dad crying over his 90 year old grandma as they were saying goodbye. Was such a sad sight. Makes what I'm about do with his life and everything even harder. You guys have no idea how hard this is for me. I mean I still love my dad, but the right thing has to be done. Jeebus
Ouch. I don't envy your position, but like you said, you're much better equipped to deal with this than I was. I hope it goes as well as it can for you.

Newnar, I read your story. It sounds like you're in a lot of pain. That seems like strange behaviour by your friends. Definitely get the truth of their intentions from them. This will probably mean being forthright yourself about what you're feeling. I suppose it's possible they could be trying to help you in some roundabout way.

You're probably not as ugly as you think. You might not even be ugly at all. None of us are the most objective judges of our own beauty. Even if you are, one nice thing about women is they tend to place less value on a man's looks if he has other positive qualities.

Beoran, that was a cool thing you said about parenthood. People who have babies get a say in future. Besides, you guys haven't lived long enough to write off the whole species. Now remove yourselves from my lawn with alacrity; it is not to be loitered upon. :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

...I forgot what "alacrity" means...Dammit. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

Beoran wrote:Kouryuu, I'm a dad myself, and while I have to admit sometimes I'm also clueless, I think my little girl is mostly very happy. Well, except if I forbid here something, but I guess that's unavoidable. Young children don't know many things, they just follow their immediate feelings and desires even if the results would be undesirable. As for having kids for yourself, your concern for their well-being is great, so I'd say you're ore than qualified to be a father. In stdead of giving up on the future of mankind, why not try to contribute to it? I'm sure it will turn out better than you expected.
Hate to sound defensive but you'll never convince me. Not only could I not handle it, I dont want to put the time into it. They'd get in my way, same goes for a significant other. I have decided I dont have time to do what I want and have a family, I prefer being alone and free, I can do what I want when I want and not have to check with someone else. Tied down if you will.

Incredibly selfish but then I think it would be more selfish to have a family and spend no time with them.
Image Kaede <3
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Kouryuu wrote:Incredibly selfish but then I think it would be more selfish to have a family and spend no time with them.
This. Nothing wrong with being selfish. A lot wrong with being selfish to the detriment of people who need you.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I'm glad to be Canadian, although I'm sad to say doctors can't do much to help me out anyway :/
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I've never understood national pride. "I'm proud to have been born on this particular mass of dirt instead of some other mass of dirt!"

Not entirely relevant but the "glad to be Canadian" bit made me think of it.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I said nothing about pride. I'm just happy to be Canadian as well as North American. Tax purposes. The only thing I'm proud of is I once watched a Step-Up marathon, without going insane.

On topic, just a little update.

I visited her grave this morning. It's been a good while since I did, almost 4 months. So I went and told her all sorts of stories, stuff that happened recently. And in the middle of me talking it started thunderstorming. So I was caught in the rain. But I wasn't finished, so I sat there more and talked.

Then I walked home, came inside, changed out of my soaking wet clothes, layed on my bed and slept 6 glorious hours.

I think I see a connection here. Not so much me skipping out on seeing her for a while, but more of me getting everything off my chest in a way I can't express to anyone else yet. And for that, I thanked her. She's done so much for me already.... even in death she still is taking care of me... I am pretty pathetic, I think.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xiious wrote:I said nothing about pride. I'm just happy to be Canadian as well as North American. Tax purposes. The only thing I'm proud of is I once watched a Step-Up marathon, without going insane.

On topic, just a little update.

I visited her grave this morning. It's been a good while since I did, almost 4 months. So I went and told her all sorts of stories, stuff that happened recently. And in the middle of me talking it started thunderstorming. So I was caught in the rain. But I wasn't finished, so I sat there more and talked.

Then I walked home, came inside, changed out of my soaking wet clothes, laid on my bed and slept 6 glorious hours.

I think I see a connection here. Not so much me skipping out on seeing her for a while, but more of me getting everything off my chest in a way I can't express to anyone else yet. And for that, I thanked her. She's done so much for me already.... even in death she still is taking care of me... I am pretty pathetic, I think.
I can think of far more pathetic things (and people) than that. Venting to the dead is fine if it works. Better than the living sometimes because live people can be dicks.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Xiious wrote:I said nothing about pride. I'm just happy to be Canadian as well as North American. Tax purposes. The only thing I'm proud of is I once watched a Step-Up marathon, without going insane.
Try living overseas for 14 years and having everyone think you're American.
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

I am pretty pathetic, I think.
No.
I've never been overseas yet and I still know that if I don't want people to think I'm American, I should wear something with a maple leaf on it. So really, it's your own fault :P
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Nyzer wrote:
No.
I've never been overseas yet and I still know that if I don't want people to think I'm American, I should wear something with a maple leaf on it. So really, it's your own fault :P

It's far from pathetic to do what he's doing. Hell, girl I knew (burned similarly to Hanako) died on a trip away, I never even found out where her grave was located until a year afterward. Even then, I've never visited once. If he can vent talking with the dead, good for him.

...So is there really a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning? And I like Canada's maple leaf...And its women. Canadian chicks are hot. But about that gun...
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Nyzer wrote:
No.
You're only as pathetic as you think you are, so try not to think about it so much.

For people to not know I'm American, I'd have to make an effort to act pretentious. While I could pull it off -I could sell home-owner's insurance to a homeless man- I wouldn't feel right about it, y'know what I mean? I don't have any particular national pride, but outwardly lying about it just so people might think of me differently seems like an act of selfish futility.