KS: The Fighting Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Hongu

Re: KS: The Fighting Game

Post by Hongu »

I'm not sure if you've already done these, but I have some ideas for moves for specific characters.

Rin could have a headbutt move where she can charge it up to do more damage, that would work pretty well. And she could slap the opponent with her sleeve at close ranges for knockback damage.

Shizune could snap loudly like she does in-game, and here it would stun the enemy, leaving them vulnerable for attack for about 3 seconds. Another idea is that maybe the teddy bear that Hisao won for her could be used as a projectile.

Since Lilly is using her cane as a weapon, a specific move i had in mind was to wrap it around the opponent's neck and throw them to the ground.

Emi could have the same type of move as Lilly does, just with her prosthetic leg. She's pretty nimble so I'm sure a fancy animation is in order, heh.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

LOL WUT: Check out Melty Blood. :D

Dragoon: Awesome! I love the mix you have in Walking on the Surface of Io. I'm passing the links around in our internal forums, and will get back to you in a bit. In the meantime, do you think you'd be able to handle rock/metal versions of existing KS tunes? While it's just my opinion, I'd personally LOVE to hear a metal remix of Everyday Fantasy (Hanako) someday. :P

Hongu: We're always brainstorming ideas for moves, thanks for the suggestions.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
DragoonOfZeal

Post by DragoonOfZeal »

thank you, i could do rock/metal covers of KS themes, just let me know if there is anywhere i can find the tabs/sheet music, because tabbing out by ear will take forever, im willing to do that but it will take me a while to do so.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

That's a good question... I think the best thing to do would be look around the forums or ask the developers/composers if they have anything available for that purpose.
DragoonOfZeal

Post by DragoonOfZeal »

ok, i don't want to bug the devs if i don't have to, but i've found a solution, piano covers on youtube, as for hanako's theme it's simple enough that i could probably tab it out by ear, just don't expect me to tab out the FMV's music. I'll start working on tabbing out hanako's theme
LeHarlz

Post by LeHarlz »

Hey, director of the Katawa Seiyu collab here!

I'm sure any of the actresses cast in the project would be willing to do voice work for the playable characters in this game! Let us know when you're in that stage of development and we'd be happy to lend our voices!

Thanks!
You'd think you'd play Katawa Shoujo for a good amount of Katawa Shoujo before Katawa Shoujo keeps you from playing Katawa Shoujo because you're doing Katawa Shoujo in a different sense of Katawa Shoujo, but no!
50% completion and I'm already the Director of the Katawa Seiyu Project: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818
Something tells me I need to play more KS.
Chariots Chariots
Turupawn

Post by Turupawn »

Hello there! This is my fist post :D
I just get here from another forum and I would really like to get envolved with this project, I'm not into graphics but I'm a coder and I just did a fighting game engine as a graduation project to become an engenier. It runs on Linux, Winnie and Android (and can be easily ported to OSX) Now I'm working on an character maker app and then on net play. All I do is under GPL. If you guys have advance on coding I would like to contribute, and if you would like to participate in the project I've been to I would be really happy to work with you guys. And god dam I really love Katawa Shoujo!

Name: Turupawn
Position: Coder (general), Beta Testers (general)
Example of work (If possible to show):

My repo on github:
https://github.com/Turupawn/Fighter
Andoird Version:
https://github.com/Turupawn/FighterAndroid
Here some chars that i made for testing
http://rosalilafighter.blogspot.com/201 ... elson.html

PS: Sorry I think I just write too much :oops:
NightlyShore

Post by NightlyShore »

Hello Turupawn, I'm Nightlyshore, responsible for the game sprite of KSFG.

First of all I have to say your graduation project is amazing, so amazing that I afraid after you join, our current state will disappoint you.

But our engineer must want to talk with you, I'm not quite clear about the game engine progress, all I know is our project lack of artist for the game sprite.
Any single move like walk or jump could take me 6+hours to edit/fix the touch, all pixel work takes lots of time...

And YES, Long Live KS!
Turupawn

Post by Turupawn »

NightlyShore wrote:Hello Turupawn, I'm Nightlyshore, responsible for the game sprite of KSFG.

First of all I have to say your graduation project is amazing, so amazing that I afraid after you join, our current state will disappoint you.

But our engineer must want to talk with you, I'm not quite clear about the game engine progress, all I know is our project lack of artist for the game sprite.
Any single move like walk or jump could take me 6+hours to edit/fix the touch, all pixel work takes lots of time...

And YES, Long Live KS!
Hi Nightlyshore!
Thank you! I spent a year and a half working on the engine (besides work and study :cry: ) but now the engine is ready :D . Right now I'm adding features and we can talk about what should be the next one (like netplay, a dating sim engine embeded maybe?) and give it the full priority. All this work was done by myself but if anyone wants to join in it would be great beacase there is a lot of features that can be added and this project is open source (free software/creative commons) like this original Katawa Shoujo so there would be no licence issues.
Your engineer and I aleady sent PMs and now I'm waiting his reply.
Turupawn

Post by Turupawn »

Sorry for the repost :oops:
I made a demo of the fighter

What do you think about making a DiveKick game before the full fighter? I think it would be great because it doesn't have a lot of sprites.
Phoenix Wright

Post by Phoenix Wright »

Turupawn wrote:Sorry for the repost :oops:
I made a demo of the fighter

What do you think about making a DiveKick game before the full fighter? I think it would be great because it doesn't have a lot of sprites.
CHOOSE YOUR CRIPPLE!!

CRIPTATLY!!!
phoenixlawoffices@yahoo.com - Phoenix Wright Attorney At Law

You name them, we sue them!!

WIN GUARANTEED!
TheWanderingShadow

Post by TheWanderingShadow »

Something I meant to ask a long time ago, but how tall are your sprites?
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

TheWanderingShadow wrote:Something I meant to ask a long time ago, but how tall are your sprites?
The sample ones in this thread are all real size. I think Rin is about 280 pixels?
Turupawn

Post by Turupawn »

Hey guys we have just finished a demo of KSFG as Katawa Divekick

Video sample:

Download links and more information:
http://rosalilastudio.com/index.php/menukatawa

Please let us know what you think :D
Have a nice weekend.
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

I'd say the first thing you need to work on is gravity. It just never feels right when a game has jumps that move up and suddenly switch down without any speed change the whole way through. Obviously, since it's a fighting game, it can't be all floaty like a platformer, but it still needs smoother jumping. Based on what I know about coding, I don't think it would be too difficult, either.
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!