one-use magic wand.a mental experiment

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

robinhood

one-use magic wand.a mental experiment

Post by robinhood »

ok if you could give one girl what she had lost, rin's arms schizune's voice what would you do, who would you ?
Last edited by robinhood on Mon May 18, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
my eyesight is not so good
Bara

Re: help one girl

Post by Bara »

robinhood wrote:ok if you could give one girl what she had lost, rin's arms schizune's voice what would you do, who would you ?
Emi's legs since she lost them in a car accident. Those that were born without limbs or a sense... well that would be require years of therapy before they could make use of them. Look how long it takes for children to learn to draw well. It is also way easier to form new neural pathways as a child while the brain is still developing. It is not impossible to do, just look at any person who survives a bad stroke.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
stranger

Post by stranger »

One's disabilities really do define one's character, so I wouldn't really want to "help" them by making them conform to some shallow idea of normality. Would it really be any different from chopping off someone's arms or legs, as far as changes to their lives go?

Also, I think you mean give Shizune hearing.
remember to take your meds, kids
robinhood

Post by robinhood »

that is a good point, thats why i would choose hanako, i know that that seems kinda shallow but her scar affects her the most. most of the girls are ok with their disability's, but i might be baius because hanako is my fav girl
my eyesight is not so good
Bara

Post by Bara »

robinhood wrote:that is a good point, thats why i would choose hanako, i know that that seems kinda shallow but her scar affects her the most. most of the girls are ok with their disability's, but i might be baius because hanako is my fav girl
Ehhh, I'd say by now Hanako's scars are not just physical but mental too. If she woke up one morning miraculously with no scars would she forget them immediately?

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
go go caduceus

Post by go go caduceus »

robinhood wrote:that is a good point, thats why i would choose hanako, i know that that seems kinda shallow but her scar affects her the most. most of the girls are ok with their disability's, but i might be baius because hanako is my fav girl
No, she's the only girl in need of "fixing", so she'd be a great use of your one-use magic wand.

Re: one-use magic wand.a mental experiment

Post by Guest »

Let the girl decide what to wish on. Hanako would probably wish to become "normal," Rin might wish for the ability to always get the right color of paint for all we know.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I'd want to give Shizune the ability to hear, and the first piece of music that I would have her listen to would be an 8-minute vocal/melodic trance track - hopefully having her go from "hearing is dumb" to "hearing is awesome" in those 8 minutes. Or at the very least not "hearing is painful." :P
jijhijhet

Post by jijhijhet »

there was a thread on /a/ about this, the conclusion was that lilly and shizune will go mental and stab they ears, eyes, rin wouldn't use her new arms, emi will dislike her legs because she can't run as fast anymore and hanako would toch her skin all the time

or something like this
I kare not about grammer ro speling
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

And there's the whole thing about deaf culture. People in the deaf culture are actually fairly insular amongst themselves. They don't take people trying to "fix" them very well. Don't know if Shizune feels the same way, though *shrugs*.
静音是买外夫
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

robinhood wrote:ok if you could give one girl what she had lost
I'm thinking Hanako would want her father more than unscarred skin.
Free the Bee

Post by Free the Bee »

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I mean, in terms of sheer physical disadvantage, Rin would seem to be the worst off, since there are some essential things she just can't do by herself. That said, she doesn't seem overly fussed by her disability, and the same is true of most of the other girls. Quite simply, they don't inspire pity, because they treat their disabilities as a nuisance at worst.

Then there's Hanako, whose difference is basically cosmetic, but ironically you are inclined to feel sorry for her, because it's affected her so badly. And even if it was possible to magically remove her scarring, she'd still have a ton of emotional trauma due to the loss of her father and (one would assume) years of being treated oddly due to her appearance.

So the answer is really none of them. Oh, alright then... Kenji. That way, when the revolution starts, at least he'll be able to see them coming.
stranger

Post by stranger »

Actually, yeah. Kenji is the best option, except I'd use it to cure his crazy, or at least make him shut the christ up. Also props to you for being named after a Melt Banana song.
remember to take your meds, kids
Bara

Post by Bara »

Warwick wrote:And there's the whole thing about deaf culture. People in the deaf culture are actually fairly insular amongst themselves. They don't take people trying to "fix" them very well. Don't know if Shizune feels the same way, though *shrugs*.
True, unless Shizune saw it as competition. Against who I don't know; herself; fate; God?

[Shizune vs. God. What kind of odds are we talking here?] :twisted:

erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

Rin might seem all cool and collected on the outside but on the inside she's crying, so I'd give her arms if I had a magic wand.
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.