Katawa Shoujo as Pokemon

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brogurt

Re: Katawa Shoujo as Pokemon

Post by Brogurt »

Shizune is Specsmence, I already told you.
>Intimidate
>Glasses
>Tierwhoring
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

But specsmence... :(
Goddamn if only Latios was male I could spam the two latis for Shizune+Misha and actually make a decent team
hmmm actually that doesnt sound so bad...
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

I've considered writing a KS/Pokemon crossover and here is the list I had going for each trainer and their mainline Pokemon;

Shizune = Abra/Mr. Mime
Misha = Rydon/Clefable
Hisao = Evee
Lilly = Growlithe (Niji)/Crobat
Hanako = Piplup/ Cloyster
Emi: Pikachu
Rin = Smeagle
Mutou = Porygon Z/ Ditto
Nurse = Chansey
Jigoro = Scizor/Kyogre
Suzu = Snorlax
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Brogurt wrote:Shizune: Specsmence
Misha: Blissey
Rin: Smeargle w/ support moveset including Stealth Rock, Taunt, Spore
Emi: SD Luke
Hanako: Ninetales
Lilly: Dual Screen Espeon, emphasis on physical bulk, and with HP Fire

In the order that I came up with them, in case you're wondering.

Been a while since I had anything to to with comp Pokeymans, so the team probably sucks, but they're all OU so whatever.

Edit: Actually, I think I like Hanako as Forretress/Ferrothorn and Lilly as (maybe) Starmie more (although it's really just because I don't want three walls on one team), now that I think about it. I think Hanako as Cloyster might fit as well, but I don't want two setup sweepers on the same set either.
Dude, everytime I'm CLOSE to thinking you're a tool, you post something that makes you my best friend.

8)
... Danger.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Total Destruction wrote:
Dude, everytime I'm CLOSE to thinking you're a tool, you post something that makes you my best friend.

8)
If you've only come close to crossing that line, as opposed to having jumped it long ago without looking back while going 120mph on a motorbike that runs off purified and condensed disgust, then you're a lot more tolerant than most of the people here.
inquisitivenegro

Tested team and it shows promise, hopegully it can make it into at least 1400s, altho it doesn't look like people are taking interest Dx
inquisitivenegro

Ok so here's what I've come up with

Hanako (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Reversal
- Earthquake

Shizune (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Misha (Latias) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Psychic

Rin (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Lily (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Signal Beam

Emi (Scizor) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Quick Attack
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Only breloom falls short in his role, not sure bulk up is the way to go
DrNonookee

Post by DrNonookee »

Well, I don't know about which Pokey-mans, but I did come up with a list of attacks the main characters would have if they followed Pokemon rules...

Note: Some attacks are spoiler tagged to be on the safe side.

HISAO
--Idiot Hair - Hisao whips the enemy with his signature cowlick for Normal-type damage. Low power, but has a high crit rate.
--I'm Gonna Die - Hisao suddenly experiences heart palpitations. The enemy sees this and becomes overconfident, causing their DEF and SDEF to drop.
--Science! - Hisao blathers on about stuff from the *cough* "science club", boring the enemy to sleep.
--Chocolate - Hisao switches out with another team member and gives them a box of bon-bons, losing 1/4 of his max HP but restoring about 1/4 of their max HP. Except for Hanako, who regains 1/2, for some reason.

LILLY
--Staff Meeting - Lilly wields her cane like a quarterstaff to clobber the enemy. High damage, but low accuracy.
--Cold Shoulder - Lilly uses her unique form of verbal offense to nail the enemy with an ICE BURN!! Deals Ice-type damage, with a chance to cause a burn.
--Zantetsuken - Lilly strikes with her cane sword for a small chance of instant KO.
--Blind Sense - Lilly's super-developed Daredevil senses hone in on the enemy, reducing their evasiveness.

HANAKO
--Drama Bomb - Hanako angsts, causing Dark-type damage.
--RAGE!!! - Hanako explodes with anger, dealing massive Fire-type damage but requiring her to recharge next turn.
--Moeblob - Hanako looks incredibly sad and hurt, sharply reducing enemy ATK.
--Ivegottagodosomething! - Hanako runs away in a panic. Automatically flees from battle with 100% success rate, except vs. trainers.

RIN
--Work In Marble - Rin bashes the enemy with a statue, dealing Rock-type damage.
--Art Attack - Rin slings multicolored paint buckets with her feet, causing damage of a random type.
--Rinspeak - Rin says something, causing the enemy to become confused.
--Rin Bin - Rin conceals herself in a metal container, sharply raising her DEF.

EMI
--Shoryuken! - Emi uses her running blades like springs to perform a jumping uppercut, dealing Fighting-type damage.
--Tornado Dash - Emi runs circles around her opponent, creating a small cyclone and causing Flying-type damage.
--*Whimper* - Emi makes puppy dog eyes at the enemy. Male opponents are afflicted with the charm status effect.
--Loob(tm) - Emi takes out a bottle and squirts...something on the ground all around the area to make it slippery. Opponents take a small amount of fall damage every time they switch out.

SHIZUNE
--Staredown - Shizune challenges the enemy with her gaze, causing Electric-type damage.
--Iron Will - Shizune automatically goes last. Any damage dealt to her this turn is doubled and returned to the attacker as Steel-type damage.
--Join The Student Council! - Shizune refuses to take no for an answer, preventing the opponent from switching out.
--Janken - Shizune forces her opponent to throw rock, paper, or scissors, and answers with her own move. This move has a 1/3 chance of sharply boosting her ATK and SATK (win), sharply reducing her DEF and SDEF (loss), or doing nothing at all (tie).

MISHA
--Wahaha~! - Misha laughs loudly, causing Normal-type damage. If Misha acts first, it has a chance of flinching the opponent, denying their attack.
--I'm Not Fat! - Misha cries over being constantly ridiculed, causing Water-type damage.
--Drill Hair - Misha spins the enemy with her drills, reducing enemy accuracy.
--Ultimate Drill Works - Sh*t gets crazy! Causes massive Ghost-type damage, but causes Misha to faint.

KENJI
--Optic Blast - Kenji fires an optical laser beam that causes Psychic-type damage.
--Conspiracy! - Kenji decries both sides' underhanded tactics, removing all active buffs and debuffs.
--Help A Brother Out - Kenji asks for a loan, stealing a few Pokedollars from the enemy trainer.
--Sh*tfaced - Kenji chugs his best booze, sharply increasing his SATK but reducing his accuracy.
Now playing: Final Fantasy 14
Charlotte Donnay - Hyperion server. Look me up sometime!
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Yeah because two choice'd Lati's on the same team is in no way redundant or anything.

Maybe if this were a weather team that would really benefit from circumventing species clause or something, but I'm not seeing it right now.

Also why the hell is the Trick user specs'd instead of scarf'd?
inquisitivenegro

Brogurt wrote:Yeah because two choice'd Lati's on the same team is in no way redundant or anything.

Maybe if this were a weather team that would really benefit from circumventing species clause or something, but I'm not seeing it right now.

Also why the hell is the Trick user specs'd instead of scarf'd?
bro... double choiced Draco Meteor is boss
and the point of trick was actually to get rid of it once all the tanky stuff was dead, but now I dont use it much...hmmm
Wolfiermz

Post by Wolfiermz »

I don't know how you haven't even thought of Misha as Audino, the resemblance is scary...
For the rest:
Emi=Deerling
Rin=Pidove
Lilly=Lillipup
Hanako=Munna
Shizune=Oshawott
Akira=Blitzle
Jigoro=Samurott
JoshuaJSlone

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Hanako is Cubone all over.

Quoting some relevant bits from Wikipedia:
Originally, its name was to be "Orphon," in reference to the story of it losing its mother.

Cubone, known as the Lonely Pokémon, appears to be a small, brown dinosaur-like Pokémon, that constantly wears its mother's skull like a helmet. The skull masks its true face from view, which makes it a puzzlement for many Trainers and researchers.
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

DrNonookee wrote:Well, I don't know about which Pokey-mans, but I did come up with a list of attacks the main characters would have if they followed Pokemon rules...

Note: Some attacks are spoiler tagged to be on the safe side.

(Look at his post for the attacks)
:lol:

Dude, that made my day. Yuuko's attacks would be kinda like Double-Edge, I guess... Anyway, I believe their types would be (a combination of):

-- Hanako: Ghost/Dark
-- Emi: Flying/Electric
-- Rin: Psychic/Poison
-- Lilly: Normal/Psychic
-- Shizune: Ice/Steel/Psychic
-- Misha: Normal/Fire/Electric
-- Kenji: Dark/Psychic
-- Hisao: Psychic/Normal/Grass (dunno)
-- Jigoro: Fighting/Fire
-- Akira: Flying
-- Mutou: Psychic
-- Nurse: Normal
-- Others: I don't know.

And Hisao's "I'm Gonna Die" must be renamed as "HNNNGGGGG--" :lol:
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?