The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

stanman237

Re: The KS Community's Tips on Getting Rid Of Feels

Post by stanman237 »

My tip play any Key Visual Novel, Kana Little Sister, or Narcissu. Cheers you right back up :D
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Keep your mind occupied with something.
Find a hobby. Whether something new, like exercising or writing or drawing, like some maybe have taken after playing KS, or just something you just stopped doing a while ago.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Tear out your living, beating heart and shove a dagger through it before you slip into peaceful eternity.

Disclaimer: This will result in your death, so bear that in mind.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Brogurt wrote:
Magnenntae wrote:it'll come to you eventually.
Or you'll come and they'll go away.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fapping to Mr. Go-Gurt here tonight.
... Danger.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

You could always just get the fuck over it because it isn't real. That's an option too.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

Sometimes the feels make you grow. Feel, learn, move on. But remember it later, so you don't forget what made you become better. If needed, talk with someone (this forum here helps a lot). It's like it's said in one KS pic I found:

"You are not alone, and you are not strange.
You are you, and everyone has damage.
Be the better person."
Helbereth wrote: Disclaimer: This will result in your death, so bear that in mind.
Made my day. Another painkiller is just going into WAHAHA~ mode.
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

The feels fade naturally over time though the best way to quickly return to your normally emotionally retarded self if you're part of a broken culture and think acknowledging emotions is somehow "Not cool," jump off a cliff. If you survive a guarantee you won't feel anything from the neck down.

If on the other hand you simply are preparing for returning to society temporarily and need to have a clear mind without Hanako or Rin distracting you, there are multiple methods. The most effective is Silent Hill 2 which does provide you with a variety of the feels that is easy to conceal, namely it makes you feel emotionally drained like someone raped your soul. If you're short on time, laughter also works. Emotionally draining yet funny movies that work to counter the high Katawa Shuojo gives you include Falling Down which has a scene of someone going on a small rampage in a fast food restaurant; and be honest, who HASN'T wanted to go nuts in a fast food restaurant after they got your order wrong AGAIN? Dr. Strangelove is also good, it ends with the world being destroyed in a nuclear apocalypse triggered by a Kenji in the U.S government, and of course Jaws is probably one of the funniest movies people were at one point afraid of, next to The Dark Knight.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Magnenntae

Post by Magnenntae »

HarvestmanMan wrote:You could always just get the fuck over it because it isn't real. That's an option too.
If only it was that easy, I mean god damn, this game does things to people, maybe not you, but other people.

I second the exercising suggestion, jogging helped me a lot, manual labor, too. I thought for sure it wasn't going to help anything but the guys on this board back then were like "You gotta do it, it'll help you feel better, trust me." and it did, it felt good to be working on something, whether it was my body, or something else.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Why would you want to get rid of Feels? D: All part of the experience. Save them, treasure them, place them in transparent glass cases on your desk for further inspection.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Why would you want to get rid of Feels? D: All part of the experience. Save them, treasure them, place them in transparent glass cases on your desk for further inspection.
You get rid of them because they at times weaken your judgment and you want to have your mind as sharp as possible when dealing with those pesky assholes we call "People."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:Why would you want to get rid of Feels? D: All part of the experience. Save them, treasure them, place them in transparent glass cases on your desk for further inspection.
You get rid of them because they at times weaken your judgment and you want to have your mind as sharp as possible when dealing with those pesky assholes we call "People."

I find social skills to be less effective than hatchets in dealing with people. (Considerably lighter, though.)
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Tununias

Post by Tununias »

gragon wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:Grow up, man up, and grow some balls. It's a video game, not a dick so don't take it so hard.

(inb4 somebody gets butthurt and decides to put me on their ignore list. #keepingitreal)
Real man are not afraid to cry (but thats just my opinion)

sincerely, a 15 year old guy with a beard :twisted:
I'm a 20 year old guy with a beard and mustache (don't let the avatar fool you) and I'm not afraid to cry either.

One of my hobbies is coloring anime style linearts. My avatar is the first lineart I've colored.
http://tununias.deviantart.com/
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:

I find social skills to be less effective than hatchets in dealing with people. (Considerably lighter, though.)
Don't look down on social skills. If you can trick people into thinking you care whether or not they live or are raped by grizzlies, they sometimes give you good shit. I originally discovered good beer because i acted friendly to a bartender and he gave me a free sample (Not a standard practice at that bar) of my first India pale ale after i found Guinness to be lacking. Social skills get you good beer.
Besides, i'm more of a knife guy than a hatchet guy. Easier to conceal and since i was a boy scout when Clinton was still president, i can excuse carrying one.
Weird Badger

Post by Weird Badger »

Being myself a new user on which KS had a strong impact i can give some advice based on my experience.

1-This:
Feels are not meant to be tossed aside like trash. You gotta take 'em, find out exactly how and where they hit you so hard, and learn from it. Temper it into something positive, constructive, and awesome, and go climb mountains.
2-Do something you like:
Music, sports, videogame, whatever. It will keep you busy until the time will clear your mind from KS.
For me i started doing sport again (and also writing), to tell the thruth it is something i owe to KS because i used to do athletics some years ago. Emi's path pushed me to start again, too bad i lost too many years and i can't race again :(
Of all the hobbies i can think of probably sport is the best option: no one thinks to his problems if he is destroyed by training.

3-Sleep (from the first post):
Of course a sleeping night will help, always.

4-Learn something from KS:
Are you out of shape? Train yourself.
Are you an hermit? Hang out with people.
Are you lazy? Move your a**.
If there is something you know you should do, do it immediately.
And please join me to save the world form feminists!

Ok these three were the good options, now the bad options.

1-Find a "drug" and forget everything:
Call the guys in your guild and start playing again in some MMO or something like that and pretend that nothing has happened. You will forget about KS after some night-long raid. Of course if KS had an impact on you instead of ignoring it you should really learn something from it.

2-Fap:
You know what to do.

PS my english is good enough to play KS but not to survive to grammar nazis, please have mercy ;D
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

Well at the current moment I'm having trouble eating because the feels clench up the stomach. (for me anyway)

But yeah, after some time it's very nice. It's been about a good 3 or 4 months since I've finished KS, I'm emotionally stable from that.

though it really pains me that there is no Angel Beats season 2. That really got me more than the lack of a KS sequel
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.