Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Xanatos »

Overslept and threw off my schedule so it looks like procrastination's won this round. ^^;
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

James W wrote:Well this week I have been running twice, cycling once and played badmintion twice as well. Taking a days break between them. My legs feel like led and I am very tired now though I definitely feel much better for it. I hope I can keep it up :D
Thought I should let you know, you haven't actually made an account yet, you are still unregistered and you are using a guest account.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
James W

Post by James W »

Sk3tch wrote:
James W wrote:Well this week I have been running twice, cycling once and played badmintion twice as well. Taking a days break between them. My legs feel like led and I am very tired now though I definitely feel much better for it. I hope I can keep it up :D
Thought I should let you know, you haven't actually made an account yet, you are still unregistered and you are using a guest account.
Yeah didnt get the email through for some reason and couldn't be asked to get it sorted. I should do though.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Ran 10 laps again last night. I'd estimate the distance as around 3 miles, probably more. The first time I ran 10 my time was 41 mins 20 seconds, this time it was 37 mins 30 seconds.

My knees seem to hurt the day after every time I run 10 laps though. I nearly fell asleep outside after finishing. (It was 12:45 am)

On the topic of push ups, I had an interesting thought. The whole idea of the gradual system of increased reps was to build muscle until the point at which you could do 100 push ups consecutively, correct? So I was thinking: Why not just do 100 nonconsecutive push ups a day? Maybe 20 at a time, less if you can't do that much. It'd basically add up to doing 100 push ups a day, meaning that eventually you'd be completely used to it. Thoughts?
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

You mean today do like 10 sets of 10 each, then tomorrow do 6 sets of 15 each etc?

Presumably would work, although not sure if it'd work as well. I admittedly know nothing about the people who designed 100PU challenge, but they have a website which leads me to guess they'd know what they're talking about in terms of quickest way there. Also, as per their system, you're eventually doing lik 200PUs over the sets, which must build more muscle than 100?
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Althamus wrote:You mean today do like 10 sets of 10 each, then tomorrow do 6 sets of 15 each etc?

Presumably would work, although not sure if it'd work as well. I admittedly know nothing about the people who designed 100PU challenge, but they have a website which leads me to guess they'd know what they're talking about in terms of quickest way there. Also, as per their system, you're eventually doing lik 200PUs over the sets, which must build more muscle than 100?

Well then you'd have to modify it eventually to increase the reps then. I've never been one for schedules, as you can tell. :p
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:
ZXRN wrote:This thread can really get closed coz of being off topic? srsly? That'd be sad...
If consistantly and blatantly yes. But it is a rather wide range topic so we are fairly safe as long as fights and flame wars don't break out

Also!

- Rin 100 push-ups chart with revisions and now 100% less arms.
wahaha~ Less arms are offensive! (still very funny though.) Good job mate! Saving it immediately.

aaand an update:
On Emi's push-up guide, Set 5...well, didn't go so well. But at least got to set 1-3 smoothly so that's an improvement. (Had to break halfway in set 4 and had to take a lot of breaks in set 5 wahaha) Anywhore, I'll be repeating it tomorrow and Sunday and hope for an improvement.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Althamus wrote:Ouch.

Just did a pushup exhaustion test again. Last time, I really pushed myself to beyond my limit to get 101. I finished, and lay on the floor for about 5 minutes because I was that beat, whereas now I was able to stand up right away and go type this (it's late :P I wanna go to bed :P), and it's beenabout 3 weeks since I last did pushups, and I managed 75. Still got a way to go before I can reliably get to 100. Also, I was still feeling tired at about the 35 mark, I'd like to be able to do 50 pushups without a problem as well.

It's like my Bto10K xD
oh my glob...I can't even dream of making it to 30 w/o flopping down on the floor.Fact that you did 101 is impressive mate. You must be feeling pretty ripped. wahaha. How many weeks did it take you to get used to this again?
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Exhaustion test results: 11.

I could have done more but I was feeling a rising possibility of vomiting (stomach issues). And the exhaustion was probably greater given my excessively uneven distribution of the weight. Definitely need to strengthen my right side before I can continue with this.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Xanatos wrote:Exhaustion test results: 11.

I could have done more but I was feeling a rising possibility of vomiting (stomach issues). And the exhaustion was probably greater given my excessively uneven distribution of the weight. Definitely need to strengthen my right side before I can continue with this.
Bloody hell. Way better than I can do, still. Nice work!
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

ZXRN wrote:oh my glob...I can't even dream of making it to 30 w/o flopping down on the floor.Fact that you did 101 is impressive mate. You must be feeling pretty ripped. wahaha. How many weeks did it take you to get used to this again?
Weeks when I was actually doing pushups was about 8? But a couple of times work got far more intensive and I missed out multiple weeks at a time, so total time was more like 12-14 weeks. Not sure whether the time out helped, hindered or didn't do anything for me.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Weekly Update

Another 2.5 lbs. down. I finally got my work uniform size downgrade at work too - reduced the size by a category, feels a lot more comfortable now. I think after another 20 or 30 lbs. I'll downgrade again.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Small update. Still running 5k three times a week; I can now get to 5k in a decent time even when I feel awful, as I did yesterday. I may be starting the bridge to 10k in a couple of weeks if things keep going well. The most significant thing is that my wife has started coming to the track with me - running partner yay! She's walking for a while before starting the chart.

Push ups are coming along, though it's starting to get more difficult to finish all five sets. I'm eventually going to have to repeat a week, either 4 or 5.
Xanatos wrote:Exhaustion test results: 11.

Nice going! Definitely not worth chundering just to get in a few more.
Gandara wrote:Another 2.5 lbs. down. I finally got my work uniform size downgrade at work too - reduced the size by a category, feels a lot more comfortable now. I think after another 20 or 30 lbs. I'll downgrade again.
Sweet. I bet that felt good; I've had to move my belt buckle in two notches and my suits and a bunch of my older clothes fit properly again.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Ooh, a pushup chart. With Rin!
Still doing the Couch to 5k with Emi, it's getting easier, really easier. First time I did week 4 it was slightly difficult, 2nd and 3rd were not so bad as the first.
Anyway, to Ganadara, that's awesome! And even Walrusfella has a running partner now.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
gragon

Post by gragon »

Exhaustion test results: 20.

well. it did go quite well and im definatly going to keep this up. also i ran again today and it was going a lot easyer than the first time tough i didnt want to run. well Emi was wrong here the second day is easyer :) maybe its the third. :lol:
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''