Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

gragon

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by gragon »

Kouryuu wrote:This thread does awsome things like that ^^. At first its like... why the fuck even post and then you do post and then its like... you just know what to do now. Well thats how I felt, I kind of accidentally opened up into the thread which branched off into awsome.
yea the tread does something weird (i think its mostly the people on it that do the trick). so are things getting better for you Kouryuu?

oh and the happy toughts didn't last long... well we were going to my sister her birthday party. i was upstairs wen my mom told me it was time to go. so i ran into the living room grabbed my stuff. and i forgot the close the door to the hallway so my dog ran outside and my mother's boyfriend got pissed at me (that drunk SOAB) anyways i ended up not going to the BD. and with 2 bruised and bleeding hands (punched the wall because i was mad). so im going to try and cook my own dinner now... guess i wil just end up with bread and fried eggs or just fries or something
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Hot dogs are pretty easy to make bro, that's how I got through high school! :lol:
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

gragon wrote:yea the tread does something weird (i think its mostly the people on it that do the trick). so are things getting better for you Kouryuu?

oh and the happy toughts didn't last long... well we were going to my sister her birthday party. i was upstairs wen my mom told me it was time to go. so i ran into the living room grabbed my stuff. and i forgot the close the door to the hallway so my dog ran outside and my mother's boyfriend got pissed at me (that drunk SOAB) anyways i ended up not going to the BD. and with 2 bruised and bleeding hands (punched the wall because i was mad). so im going to try and cook my own dinner now... guess i wil just end up with bread and fried eggs or just fries or something
Yeah, things are amazing. I dont want to say too much, I dont want to rub it in.

Next time perhaps hit something softer or find a better way to calm down ^^. I broke a bone in my hand from doing that. It wasnt worth it at all. Personally I prefer doing my own food but I have to do it when my dads not around or I just skip dinner :P. I dont really know what to say to your situation though, it was a simple mistake, my dogs run outside all the time, its more annoying than anything... dealing with shit is kind of a good thing really, it makes you strong. I either havent had to deal with any shit and I'm weak as fuck.
Image Kaede <3
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Camoufrage wrote:Hot dogs are pretty easy to make bro, that's how I got through high school! :lol:
I also had to learn to cook by myself out of necesity as my grandmother's health started to wane.

With making food edible or safe to eat is enough for me.
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

Xerxes wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:Hot dogs are pretty easy to make bro, that's how I got through high school! :lol:
I also had to learn to cook by myself out of necesity as my grandmother's health started to wane.

With making food edible or safe to eat is enough for me.
Hehehe, I know the feeling (though for me it is not out of necessity, it is more because I'm spoiled a bit). Though I haven't attempted anything remotely complex/timeconsuming yet... But I can at least do the meat and fish :P
gragon

Post by gragon »

i suck at cooking, maybe i will start doing that too. even more stuff to do. and it will be usefull during my college years. ^^
its better then eating fries or omelet and i can keep my mind ocupied :)
''Bear with the pain,but dont admit to it either'' ''climb the tree of problems and eat the apple of succes''
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

gragon wrote:i suck at cooking, maybe i will start doing that too. even more stuff to do. and it will be usefull during my college years. ^^
Mmmmm omelets :lol:. Just listen to music and eat omelets!
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

gragon wrote:i suck at cooking, maybe i will start doing that too. even more stuff to do. and it will be usefull during my college years. ^^
Aye it's better, I can attest to that. My mother is the cook here and she hasn't used store prepared meals in years and prefers to use fresh whenever possible and reasonable. One of the reasons I'm reluctant to move out at the moment, the food is too good :roll: I don't think I will do any dishes like my mum usually does, I'm too lazy for that, but if I were to live on myself I'd likely cook simple dishes for myself, like salmon from the oven with lemon and rosemary (damn easy dish to do and damn tasty ;) ). After being spoiled for years with good food for dinner, I'm reluctant to revert to crappy tasting food :P
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Cooking is basic chemistry and practical physical science.

Combining different materials together, mixing them homogeneously, and applying various energy sources to alter their chemical bonds resulting in altered flavor and nutritional values.

Of course, that's the technical explanation.

Cooking really isn't hard - it's just tedious. It takes some intuition and a broad knowledge of the materials at hand; or at least a cookbook to follow.

It's a really, really useful skill to have, but not everyone can really get the hang of it - which is why food service is such a potentially lucrative business.

I, personally, enjoy cooking. I made baked mac'n'cheese for dinner tonight with sharp cheddar sauce and a coating of salsa and mozzarella over rotini. I can't do it all the time, though...

I'm rambling a bit, I'll stop.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Cooking rules.

Stay the fuck away from hot dogs, kids. Even the all-beef ones are loaded with nitrates and sodium. HBHC, if you want to avoid a legit "broken heart," learn how to cook well, and learn how to eat well. They go hand in hand, and you guys with mental/emotional hang-ups will realize that simply having a better diet and preparing your meals instead of going out or relying on the ol' nuker will do WONDERS for depression, fatigue, hopelessness, and general malaise.

Of course, I typically eat once every one and a half days and drink WAY too much, so take it with a grain of salt. But just a grain. Gotta watch that hypertension.
... Danger.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I can cook in the sense of "Burn this meat slab until it's done" but I'm not a good judge of how different ingredients and spices will work together so I'm limited to the most basic stuff. And I have a salt problem...And we rely a bit much on microwaved stuff and fast food. Tonight's leftover black beans and rice though.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Xanatos wrote:I can cook in the sense of "Burn this meat slab until it's done" but I'm not a good judge of how different ingredients and spices will work together so I'm limited to the most basic stuff. And I have a salt problem...And we rely a bit much on microwaved stuff and fast food. Tonight's leftover black beans and rice though.
Watch Food Network - specifically Good Eats. It's Bill Nye the Science Guy combined with a cooking show - except it's a guy named Alton Brown. He goes into explaining why you're combining stuff rather than just saying you should.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Helbereth wrote:
Xanatos wrote:I can cook in the sense of "Burn this meat slab until it's done" but I'm not a good judge of how different ingredients and spices will work together so I'm limited to the most basic stuff. And I have a salt problem...And we rely a bit much on microwaved stuff and fast food. Tonight's leftover black beans and rice though.
Watch Food Network - specifically Good Eats. It's Bill Nye the Science Guy combined with a cooking show - except it's a guy named Alton Brown. He goes into explaining why you're combining stuff rather than just saying you should.
Wonder if I can find that online - sounds quite interesting. I haven't heard of anything quite like it over here, though I probably would want it in more detail than any show could reasonably provide :lol:
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xerxes wrote:Lately I'm having a stinging pain in my skin, urticaria. It's horrible to the point of being unbearable. I went to a dermatologist, he gave me some antibiotics, and it's even worse, the stinging pain attacks became more frequent and strong and I'm having like a rash, skin eruptions.
It happens when I'm nervous or do exercise. My sweat glands appear to be f*cked up.
That really, really sucks. I don't know what else to say, considering this is a medical issue and how you want to deal with it is entirely up to you.
Helbereth wrote:

Alton Brown is the god of cooking. Seriously the coolest chef ever, and I don't even like cooking shows.

Although for the longest time I kept getting his name mixed up with Elton John. Got some funny looks when I told people that I watched a show where Elton John taught me how to sauté onions.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Helbereth wrote:

Hm. Could be interesting. For now, I need to focus on getting equipment and working off some weight. Twenty or so years of sedentary isolation and self-destructive practices (being hated on all sides can lead to a great deal of self-loathing) means there's a lot to work off...And I need to cut back on the soda.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."