Katawa Shoujo Fan Movie

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AquaSonic

Katawa Shoujo Fan Movie

Post by AquaSonic »

What would the fans say to an animated adaption of the story? Perhaps a mini series, as in 1 or 2 full length animated features? Always give the fans what they want, and no reason to try until we hear from the community! I'll pursue a few polls on the matter of how to fit every path in the feature once an agreement with the fan base has been established.
Pyramid Head

Re: Katawa Shoujo Fan Movie

Post by Pyramid Head »

That's a stupid idea! This is a text only visual novel with five short stories focusing on entirely different canons, there isn't enough continuity to make it a film unless you did five different versions for each arc, which no one is ever going to agree to. Not to mention it's an adult item and there's no way you're going to find animators able to tastefully depict the sex scenes, no way in fucking hell would this ever work as a film.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Remember when the Devs said they didn't want to do anything else with KS after the final build was released?

Yeah, me neither.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Do not want. A movie adds voices that will inevitably conflict with the ones fans attach to characters. A movie removes the immersion of actually being in the story and making the choices that affect it.

VNs, more often than not, should not be adapted into film for these two reasons.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
AquaSonic

Post by AquaSonic »

That was fast. Well, doing several different arcs is absolutely possible, if that helps. But other topics can be pursued at this time. Just running through ideas. Thanks for the swift disagreement, if anything else so that I may work on other things.
random

Post by random »

only if it's live action and made by soul dead hollywood starring the whitest white people
AquaSonic

Post by AquaSonic »

Even I would have to say no to that..It wouldn't be easy to convey the same amount of emotion it offers, especially in live action. I was thinking something more like the style of the animations in-game. But with voice actors. Oh well, on to other projects then. I'll remain in forums, however. Perhaps some fan art would help me back into the Katawa Shoujo world.
Xden

Post by Xden »

It sounds interesting. I'd be kind of cautious about the voice actors myself, but if it was done well then it could be really nice. It's hard to say for sure. I would be good with whatever 4LS thinks at this point. They did so well with the VN, It seems like they would know what's best for the IP.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
AquaSonic

Post by AquaSonic »

An anime adaption deserves the best quality, especially for a full length feature. I had both English and Japanese voice actors at the ready..luckily for me they were interested in being a part of making it great rather than the money. But we are at a point where other big projects can be pursued, so I'm glad I consulted the fan base before starting anything.
Xden

Post by Xden »

AquaSonic wrote:An anime adaption deserves the best quality, especially for a full length feature. I had both English and Japanese voice actors at the ready..luckily for me they were interested in being a part of making it great rather than the money. But we are at a point where other big projects can be pursued, so I'm glad I consulted the fan base before starting anything.
If this is actually true, then you may want to wait for a little bit more response and see what other's here might think. There will likely differing opinions here. I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions on both sides, or maybe even something from someone who worked on the VN itself.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Fire the voice actors and sound engineers, have the entire thing from Shizune's perspective.

Seriously, if this were real, they would have contacted a dev directly or posted in the Ask thread that's right there.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:Fire the voice actors and sound engineers, have the entire thing from Shizune's perspective.
Yes. Do it. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xden

Post by Xden »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:Seriously, if this were real, they would have contacted a dev directly or posted in the Ask thread that's right there.
Doesn't seem like it would hurt to entertain the idea. I'm interested in people's opinions on the topic anyway.
AquaSonic

Post by AquaSonic »

Am I remembering correctly, or did they not have a blog post a while back about putting an anime into development not too long ago? Never looked into it, but I hope it's not a cruel joke. And yes, I would like to hear some opinions, if not just from curiosity.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

This is similar to Touhou -- Zun will only allow fan based derivatives of Touhou, and that includes images, doujins, anime, etc. The KS devs have said the same thing: nothing for profit, and no actual gaming (coding) derivatives. Fan based art is ok, and a fan based movie freely distributed is not like a studio broadcast.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb