Can't get Hanako out of my mind.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dr. Robotnik

Re: Can't get Hanako out of my mind.

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Snow_Storm wrote:lol, the people who are saying getting laid is overrated are just envious of the people who can get laid easy. Prudes.

Virginity is overrated.
God damn, we really are easy to troll if no one's called this guy out yet.
ProfAllister wrote:You're not Hisao, no matter how much you resemble him.
Good. If you're not Hisao and you're not a historically evil maniac like bin Laden or Hitler, chances are you're already a better person that Hisao.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:lol, the people who are saying getting laid is overrated are just envious of the people who can get laid easy. Prudes.

Virginity is overrated.

No, I don't think you understand how trolling works. If you argue with a troll, they win.

Besides, Snow_Storm is just kidding for the most part. I think.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:

Virginity is overrated.

No, I don't think you understand how trolling works. If you argue with a troll, they win.

Besides, Snow_Storm is just kidding for the most part. I think.
Strangely, I agree with him this time. Virginity -is- overrated, but then so is losing it. Until I did, it was huge frustration; afterwards, it was, "is that it?". Though it could have been that my previous partners were pretty crap at it :lol:
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Pseudogenesis wrote: No, I don't think you understand how trolling works. If you argue with a troll, they win.
By the looks of this thread, he kinda already did.
Pseudogenesis wrote:Besides, Snow_Storm is just kidding for the most part. I think.
If you're being serious then you're not a troll.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Pseudogenesis wrote:No, I don't think you understand how trolling works. If you argue with a troll, they win.
Exactly, and that's why the ignore option works so well. As more and more people add trolls to their ignore list, the trolls wither and die from lack of food. :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Keneshiro wrote:i was just looking at the image that interpreted the reasons as to why we are attached to different girls, ie our hang ups. Being the guy who got attached to Hanako, it mentions that I should face my fears of social rejection. But I can't help but wonder, what if I don't care about it? As in, I don't like going to parties, because, let's be honest, everyone gets drunk except me since I never drink and they talk about stuff that I don't care about.
I was wondering how you guys interpreted the reason why we are each attached to a certain character. It's like food for thought, I guess.
Food for thought: you talk about facing your social rejection, but then reject being social. I used have similar feelings (both regarding the booze and the company), and it turned out biting the bullet, having a drink or two and talking to people (or just listening) did me a lot of good. You won't be betraying yourself if you try it.
dwarduk wrote: Strangely, I agree with him this time. Virginity -is- overrated, but then so is losing it.
He is say the stuff that, while uncomfortable, needs to be said.
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Well, curiosity is getting the better of me and I'm consdering playing all the routes again.
The two things stopping me are :
1) Finishing the game sort of feels like ending this experience, and I don't think I want to forget it so easily. I know that I'd probably push the feels and experience behind me once my life gets crazy all over again and I really don't want that.
2) Hanako is, kinda, my favourite. Why would I need more?

Oh, and one more question, how do you guys constantly remind yourselves about KS? How do you get it to keep motivating you to push foward?
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
Xden

Post by Xden »

Keneshiro wrote:Well, curiosity is getting the better of me and I'm consdering playing all the routes again.
1) Finishing the game sort of feels like ending this experience, and I don't think I want to forget it so easily. I know that I'd probably push the feels and experience behind me once my life gets crazy all over again and I really don't want that.
I think it's okay to move forwards in your experience. The more of it you experience, the more it will teach you and affect you. I don't think it will be so easy to forget. Even though you'll have experienced much of the game, you still have that experience to bring along with you in the future. Once you've experienced all the girls, maybe you'll find you actually enjoyed another one more. Maybe not though. Only you can decide that.
Keneshiro wrote:Oh, and one more question, how do you guys constantly remind yourselves about KS? How do you get it to keep motivating you to push foward?
I'm actually interested in responses to this myself. How do other people get themselves motivated to run/workout/etc?
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

That's an interesting question. It just comes naturally, really. I don't have that kind of "DO IT 4 HER" mentality. Hell, I didn't even like Emi that much. Her route was way better than I expected, but my expectations were pretty low to begin with.

I actually started running before playing Emi's route. I think that falling in love with any form of media will give you motivation beyond your normal means, but because Katawa Shoujo is all about catharsis and personal growth, the energy born of it was naturally focused that way. Suddenly, I want to improve myself. Learn a new language, get into shape, deal with psychological problems in a healing, baby-steps kind of way. Not for any particular reason, I just do. The possibility of putting work into improving myself makes me more excited than anything else can right now.

I don't feel the motivation ebbing, and I hope it never does.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Keneshiro wrote:Well, curiosity is getting the better of me and I'm considering playing all the routes again.

Oh, and one more question, how do you guys constantly remind yourselves about KS? How do you get it to keep motivating you to push forward?

KS isn't easily forgotten and the experiences always worth repeating. If motivation dies down, all it takes is a bit of replay. That, and I just picture Emi running alongside (complete with the music loop that plays during the running scenes on my iphone). Whether I particularly liked her or not, I've got an awful weakness for the puppy dog eyes...

For the less physical forms of improvement, I simply think of Hanako.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."