Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/30]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Popo

Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/30]

Post by Popo »

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8XX8 ... edit?pli=1

(The above link displays each part's description. Don't forget to check those out, too! We enjoy writing those short but sweet tidbits.)

Some highlights of the story include:

-Two new male protagonists replace Hisao, and get more focus. They each find themselves interested in a different female classmate.
-Kano Hayashi suffers from spinal stenosis, a condition rare in youths, which causes him to live in constant pain, and makes walking and many simple tasks extremely difficult. "Can you get your life back?"
-Junichi "Rawhide" Kobayashi is a half-American who's missing one hand. He happens to be a big fan of western culture, especially movies. "Can you handle reality?"
-Hanako and Shizune are the female leads. Things loosely follow their routes' structures, but the flow of events is changed by a few factors.
-Miki becomes part of the main cast. "Can you lend a friend a hand?" Emi and Rin get their occasional moments, more than some routes in KS where they're nearly absent.
-Some new relationships form.
-Lots of music. Some KS originals, as well as Classical, anime, and a lot of other occasional musical influences. Well over 100 non-KS tracks, as of now.
-The story will feature adult content, at times. Those types of scenes don't occur until later on, and there can be some stretches of time between them. There will be a fair number of them, in proportion to how lengthy Katawa Aniki will be, similarly in concept to the ratio found in Katawa Shoujo.
-It's gonna be a pretty long series.

You can read more about it in the preface.

It does follow somewhat of a script styling, which I know is slightly frowned upon, but this story was written in tandem with myself and another writer, and we wrote it nearly simultaneously, to better simulate spontaneous conversations. In that regard, I believe simplicity served the story better than a more complex style would.

We hope you enjoy.
Last edited by Popo on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 58 times in total.
Every day is a miracle.
Dippeggs

Re: Katawa Aniki

Post by Dippeggs »

I'll keep this short.

Keep going. I like it. A lot.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Dippeggs wrote:I'll keep this short.

Keep going. I like it. A lot.
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. Our release schedule can be kinda sporadic, but we definitely plan on completing it, editing it, and releasing the rest of it. At this point, much of it's been written, and we're somewhat close to writing the ending. Also, we won't rule out the possibility of one or more epilogues coming thereafter, in-between starting up a new story. One with some similarities, but quite a different feel.
Every day is a miracle.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

"Act 1: Rubber and Leather" :shock: Wow, sounds like something I might enjoy :wink:

But I've had to put it in my list of things to read for now. I'll get back to you when I get time to read it

Edit: I'm adding comments to the google document. I hope you don't mind. But I'm really enjoying it so far!
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Popo

Post by Popo »

dwarduk wrote:"Act 1: Rubber and Leather" :shock: Wow, sounds like something I might enjoy :wink:

But I've had to put it in my list of things to read for now. I'll get back to you when I get time to read it

Edit: I'm adding comments to the google document. I hope you don't mind. But I'm really enjoying it so far!
The act name references the rubber of Kano's wheels, and leather is something cowboys wear. In trying to become immersed into the writing, one of the things I would do is try to imagine the smells of Yamaku. Both give off distinct odors, you see.

We enabled comments for a reason, so of course not. We're open to constructive criticism and we like talking to the audience, so we're fine with comments made in an appropriate tone.

Anyway, to avoid confusion, I am DemiFiend. I don't know if Kane has an account here. We're very glad you're enjoying it. This story is something close to our hearts, with inspiration drawn from some of the most honest and trying moments in our lives. Our hope is that this story not only entertains, but imparts some valuable life lessons, in the end.
Last edited by Popo on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day is a miracle.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Haha, good. And I got the 'rubber and leather' thing once I actually started to read it, but decided not to take it out of my post :) My comments other than my love of your interpretation of Misha were just pointing out a couple of oddities, but if you'd like comments on other things I'd be happy to give them.

I got to A1.4 so far. Loving it; pity I've run out of time to read further tonight :/
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Popo

Post by Popo »

dwarduk wrote:Haha, good. And I got the 'rubber and leather' thing once I actually started to read it, but decided not to take it out of my post :) My comments other than my love of your interpretation of Misha were just pointing out a couple of oddities, but if you'd like comments on other things I'd be happy to give them.

I got to A1.4 so far. Loving it; pity I've run out of time to read further tonight :/
I edited my post after you made this one. I don't write Misha, Kane does. I'll be sure to pass your praise along. Feel free to comment, we've enjoyed most comments we've received so far. The main thing is I hope people don't comment in jokes during more serious scenes, lol.

Act 1 is pretty short. Future acts will be much longer.
Every day is a miracle.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

HOW did I miss this?
-Junichi "Rawhide" Kobayashi is a half-American who's missing one hand. He happens to be a big fan of western culture, especially movies. "Can you handle reality?"
I remember the match.com/OKCupid profile that this was from. Riot and a half. :lol:

Another one for the backlog. I'm excited.
... Danger.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Total Destruction wrote:HOW did I miss this?
I remember the match.com/OKCupid profile that this was from. Riot and a half. :lol:

Another one for the backlog. I'm excited.
Surprisingly, few have caught the joke.

I'm glad that you're excited. Personally, it's been a thrill to write it.
Every day is a miracle.
Popo

Post by Popo »

We just released Act 2, Part 2. Hot off the presses, folks!

As previously mentioned, public releases can be infrequent at times, but we work only as our schedules permit. We like to be thorough before putting it out there. Kane says that more parts should be coming soon, so that's a good sign. :mrgreen:
Every day is a miracle.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Sorry for the rather large gap in releasing new parts, anyone who is actually interested in this. But as my partner said, we should be getting more parts edited and released in the coming week/s. I'm still trying to balance working on this with my job, which consumes most of my time, so hopefully it'll be worth the weight.
I co-write a KS rewrite with my friend Demifiend/Popo. It's called Katawa Aniki
lilly a slut and worst girl
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 2, Part 3 is now live.

Life is a funny thing, filled with oft-unpredictable change. We'd said to expect the next update sooner, but alas, fate had other plans in store for me. Apparently, the roof of my place was starting to rot and had various problems, so roofers had to work on it. This involved three-ish weeks of loud banging at early morning hours, heavily disrupting my sleeping schedule. Things were out of my hands, and we'd rather take longer to release a better finished work, than to try to rush it and have it come out more flawed. On the bright side, we got more progress into the yet-unwritten parts of the story; we've just began to pen the events of Tanabata. We don't mind the rough drafts being slightly...well, rough, because we polish it up in edits, but when I'm working on edits, I try to focus on eliminating all possible errors, so I wanted none to slip through due to my fatigue.

Since circumstance already intervened once, I won't say a kind of timeframe to expect releases, but know that we're working our best on them. It's a rather ambitious project for a two-person team; we've been writing nearly nonstop, almost every day since mid-February. It's not unheard of for us to start writing around, say, noon, and finish at the crack of dawn, writing in-between eating and taking bathroom breaks in essentially one huge, intense session. The point being, we're not being lazy with this project, lol. It's just how things have turned out, and it is a ton of work, but we enjoy it.
Every day is a miracle.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Yeah, sorry for the nonexistent release schedule, things are just hard with my shitty work schedule constantly jumping around. We'll clock down hard and work on getting more updates throughout the coming week or so!
I co-write a KS rewrite with my friend Demifiend/Popo. It's called Katawa Aniki
lilly a slut and worst girl
Popo

Post by Popo »

Hey, we kept out word for once! Just a "week or so" later, we finished and put up Act 2, Part 4. Enjoy.
Every day is a miracle.
Dippeggs

Post by Dippeggs »

I hope you guys are getting more comments from other sites or something, because I find it a little odd that not a lot of people are commenting about your story on this forum.

Personally I like the story and think you guys are doing a great job so far. Keep up the good work.