Rin.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Khaos

Re: Rin.

Post by Khaos »

SABAN wrote: THIS PAINT OF MINE
IT'S BURNING RED!
Too bad she still needs some help with carrying and opening the paint buckets.
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?
Bluest Big Bang

Post by Bluest Big Bang »

Oh shit, I just realized something.

Rin doesn't like to think, right? Isn't it often that having rough sex inevitably disallows the girl to think because her body is overflowing with pleasure?

Maybe in some sort of crazy twist Rin would take advantage of that when painting. So she'd ask Hisao to have sex with her out by the mural (which is probably unlikely since getting to the sex would be after the festival) or when she's doing other works so she can have absolute concentration.

Hisao would be ejaculating paint.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Khaos wrote:
SABAN wrote:
Khaos wrote:hm, I just thought, that Taekwondo was the most leg-oriented martial arts that exists...or is there another one?
Well, she's already a leg-oriented artist, how do we add "martial" to that?
Paint Fu?
Rin cosplaying as Chun Li. Do it.
静音是买外夫

Post by Guest »

Anyone else think Rin's mural reminded them of Picasso's Guernica? Minus the horse head and stuff.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Guest wrote:Anyone else think Rin's mural reminded them of Picasso's Guernica? Minus the horse head and stuff.
Yes, but while it's definitely in the expressionist style, I wouldn't specifically cite Guernica. If you want to stick with Picasso, I'd suggest that it borrows more from Les Demoiselles d'Avignon. I can't think of any classical painters to compare with off the top of my head, and my knowledge of modern artists is pretty slim, so it'll be the best that I can do.
静音是买外夫
Vaelastrasz

Post by Vaelastrasz »

Khaos wrote:
CleansingFlame wrote:I really can't see her doing the whole generic anime girl response.
And that's the reason, her route may going to be the best in the end.
Just wait and see. 8)
No, the reason her route's going to be the best is that she's a god damned superhero. She's River Tam minus the mind reading and a couple of arms. Even if her character doesn't get developed - something which seems fucking impossible, at this point - she will still be a viscous font of good, win, and lulz.

Rin is civilization.
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

Bluest Big Bang wrote:Hisao would be ejaculating paint.
Nobody on this board could see how fast my palm met my face.
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
disturbedthoughts

Post by disturbedthoughts »

Fidelas wrote:
Bluest Big Bang wrote:Hisao would be ejaculating paint.
Nobody on this board could see how fast my palm met my face.
Maybe not, but I'm pretty sure that I did it about the same speed. :lol:
Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is know you will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is knowing that you should try not to be an idiot NOW.
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Vaelastrasz wrote:
Khaos wrote: And that's the reason, her route may going to be the best in the end.
Just wait and see. 8)
No, the reason her route's going to be the best is that she's a god damned superhero. She's River Tam minus the mind reading and a couple of arms. Even if her character doesn't get developed - something which seems fucking impossible, at this point - she will still be a viscous font of good, win, and lulz.

Rin is civilization.
Yeah, her route is probably going to be pretty good no matter what happens. The only thing that concerns me is a question of how long the routes are going to be, since the devs said earlier that act 1 was like 15-20% of the game, if the other ~80% is broken up evenly between each of the five routes, that gives only 16% of the game's length to each individual route, not counting the stuff that happens at the end of Act 1 for each girl. That would probably only translate to like 2 or 3 hours of actual route then, which really doesn't feel like enough time to properly develop them to me. Of course, they could have also meant that Act 1 was going to be like 20% worth of what will be a single route in the complete game when it comes out, and Act 1 was going to be the first 15-20%, and then each route afterwords takes up 80-85% of each playthrough of the game.

I'm not saying that short VNs are bad, but I guess I got spoiled by stuff like Clannad and Type-Moon VNs, where each route takes a while to do.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Considering that the current first draft is comparable to Lord of the Rings in terms of total wordcount, I don't think you should be all that worried about character development.

We don't even have to describe any epic battles or volcanos.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

rinlol.jpg
Facefoot?

Facefootpalm?

Footface?

ROFL XD
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

cpl_crud wrote:Considering that the current first draft is comparable to Lord of the Rings in terms of total wordcount, I don't think you should be all that worried about character development.

We don't even have to describe any epic battles or volcanos.
I now must insist that you put in a scene with one of those science fair baking soda volcanoes in exhaustive detail.
Stupid internet! Why can't you understand how I feel...?
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

cpl_crud wrote:Considering that the current first draft is comparable to Lord of the Rings in terms of total wordcount, I don't think you should be all that worried about character development.
So does FS/N. You guys are off to a great start I think. :)
Guest wrote:Anyone else think Rin's mural reminded them of Picasso's Guernica? Minus the horse head and stuff.
That reminds me. Which artist did that mural? It's above and beyond in terms of artistic achievement. My guess: Doomfest.
Imagine me and you...
Climatic
Bringing sexy back.

Post by Climatic »

Vertical wrote:That reminds me. Which artist did that mural? It's above and beyond in terms of artistic achievement. My guess: Doomfest.
Please explain why you think doomfest painted the mural. If you have a good reason I won't murder you.
<duanemoody> you're ruining the illusion of craftsmanship we see in every commercial for some product
<duanemoody> like cheese
<duanemoody> it has to be a bearded intense man in a leather smock hyperfocusing on sculpting some pointless detail
<duanemoody> badly lit for maximum contrast
<duanemoody> LIKE THIS, visual novels are made
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Vertical wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:
That reminds me. Which artist did that mural? It's above and beyond in terms of artistic achievement. My guess: Doomfest.
Are you trolling?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents