If you were enrolled in Yamaku High School...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yummines

If you were enrolled in Yamaku High School...

Post by yummines »

No, its not the "what disability would you have" thread again. i saw that one get locked, the premise was kind of screwed up anyways.

i was just playing the game today and read the text stating that you don't necessarily need a disability to attend that school.

so i was just wondering, if you were to attend that school (for a circumstance you can make up, like maybe helping your blind cousin or possibly to get a feel for working to help those who have disabilities in the future) who do you think you would be friends with? I'm saying this as if KS wasn't a game, and you had no prior knowledge of any of the characters.

i for one think i would get pulled in with Misha and Shizune. those WAHAHAs seem like they would be contagious in real life. plus seems like Misha is the type to want to make those who are shy and withdrawn open up, if even by force.
either that or Manly picnic. i only think i would be friends with Rin if by some weird circumstance i talk with her for a while. cant really text her so...
Pseudogenesis

Re: If you were enrolled in Yamaku High School...

Post by Pseudogenesis »

yummines wrote:or possibly to get a feel

No more words are necessary.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Like you, I'd probably be pulled into the allure of Shizune and Misha. I've associated with loud mouths and over diligent people throughout my time in high school, so it wouldn't be foreign to me at all, even though I'm quite shy in person. Kenji, or anyone like him would piss me the hell off, fast. I couldn't waste my time with someone so ridiculous with the intentions of remaining sane.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

If I were suddenly in that universe for whatever reason, I think I'd hang out with Rin. A platonic friendship, I'd enjoy conversing with her and I'd feed off those conversations as inspiration. I think she'd get a kick (so to speak) out of me.

Other than that, I'd probably end up wrapped up in the Student Council. Shizune, to me, is an interesting character and I'd easily get swept up in her flourish of competitive banter. Misha might grate on my nerves a bit, but I imagine her laugh being somewhat infectious. I've actually taken an interest in sign language because of this game - something i'd never considered. Silent communication is a concept I think I could get used to.

As much as I'd like to say I would be friends with Hanako or Lilly, I think I'd be too shy to approach Hanako (and vice-versa), and I'd have trouble understanding how Lilly 'sees' the world.

Also, while I think Emi and I would get along, she's a little too hyper for me to keep up with.
Last edited by Helbereth on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

The school's rather isolated location would be really conducive to a relaxed study environment, and I love cold places so there's no question on whether or not I'd study there.

As for the people I'd befriend, I'd most likely go to Emi since she's nice and cheerful, and probably very fun to hang around with. I only feel like I'd be completely left out if I went to Lilly and/or Hanako, because I am not a tea person and I'm not exactly a good conversation starter. Hanging around with Shizune and Misha wouldn't be bad, either, but I'm too lazy to be bothered with Student Council work. I would just hit a dead end with Rin because I wouldn't be able to figure her out at all.

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
guest13

Post by guest13 »

I'd probably be friends with Rin.

As for clubs, I'd either be in student council or the music club (There was a music club mentioned in the story). I've always been in the 'student council' type groups in school and have always had an interest in ACTUALLY DOING STUFF. I play the piano and violin, so music club would be an interesting choice too.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

I see Misha being the most likely for me I could see her approach me first, since i would probably not seek her out. If Misha did try to befriend me though, i think Shizune would help me get out of my shell a bit too, since i am her polar opposite we would probably butt heads and my real personality would come through quicker.

Rin - The arms thing would get me at first, but i think she is really attractive, would be infatuated, never be brave enough to act on it, and probably never talk to her...and if i did i would mess things up, even a basic friendship.

Hanako - Not sure, i have some similarities to Hanako, but i could not see a situation where i would really talk to her

Emi - I could see her approach me and try to get me out of my shell a bit i think too, like Misha a bit....if i became friends with Emi, she could possibly bridge a friendship between me and Rin.

Lilly - Not seeing a situation where i would talk to Lilly either, i am usually pretty polite and reserved, and i think she may like my politeness, but i don't know if a friendship would go or not....sitting around sipping tea isnt exactly my thing either.

or you know, it would be more likely never would meet any of them, makes me realize i should be more outgoing, but i find it hard to make connections with people alot of the time and run out of stuff to say when i approach them.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Axelownz wrote:I see Misha being the most likely for me I could see her approach me first, since i would probably not seek her out. If Misha did try to befriend me though, i think Shizune would help me get out of my shell a bit too, since i am her polar opposite we would probably butt heads and my real personality would come through quicker.

Rin - The arms thing would get me at first, but i think she is really attractive, would be infatuated, never be brave enough to act on it, and probably never talk to her...and if i did i would mess things up, even a basic friendship.

Hanako - Not sure, i have some similarities to Hanako, but i could not see a situation where i would really talk to her

Emi - I could see her approach me and try to get me out of my shell a bit i think too, like Misha a bit....if i became friends with Emi, she could possibly bridge a friendship between me and Rin.

Lilly - Not seeing a situation where i would talk to Lilly either, i am usually pretty polite and reserved, and i think she may like my politeness, but i don't know if a friendship would go or not....sitting around sipping tea isnt exactly my thing either.

or you know, it would be more likely never would meet any of them, makes me realize i should be more outgoing, but i find it hard to make connections with people alot of the time and run out of stuff to say when i approach them.
What he said. wahaha~ Emi and Misha for sure for me as well.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Walshy12238

Post by Walshy12238 »

I think I'd probably become good friends with Emi (and then subsequently Rin because of their friendship). I'm pretty athletic as it is, so naturally I'd probably join a sporting team (i'm pretty fast so track team would be a good choice) and then obviously I'd bond with Emi over that. I just think that it's something that would naturally happen and would come easy. We'd click, is a better term.

I could probably see myself being friends with Lilly too. I like the whole, refined, elegant and classy personality that she has and I like that about girls in the real world as well. It sure beats the alternative: trashy, vulgar and disrespectful. Quiet time with Lilly wouldn't be so bad :)

Shizune and I would most likely end up clashing because I'm also quite competitive. Probably in a good way though.

Overall, Emi would be the most likely pick for me
Lilly > Hanako=Emi > Shizune > Rin
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I'll would be in enrolled on a music scholarship and I'll use my music skills to help out others with my music, music therapy if you will.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Don't know, track team captain? :wink:

Hmm... I reckon I could get on well with any of them except Hanako (not allowed prior knowledge - I'd mess things up so badly at the start). And maybe Lilly by proxy, but I'd hope we'd get on; she'd be the most steady and constant friend for me. If I were in Hisao's exact place, I'd probably end up befriending Emi and Rin, though without that initial meeting, I doubt it.

I just can't come up with a satisfactory answer for this. If I were placed in class 3-3 at the beginning of the year, with no weird circumstances, I'd probably try to befriend Hanako and fail, then just accept the loud and pleasant Student Council company. If I happened to meet and establish relations with Lilly, great, but I'd try to tread the middle road of being friends with both the rivals, which is never pleasant. And I'd probably get fed up with how idiotic they are and make a three-way falling out xD. Rin... maybe. I have no way of gauging that. Kenji, no way. Miki <3! *ahem* That'd be more of a crush than a friendship :roll:
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Even though I am a good guy I give off a really bad vibe, and that would cause problems. :?

-Shizune would think I am some sort of delinquent and would treat me in a similar way she treats Lilly.

-I would try to talk with Misha, but Shizune would probably forbid her from talking to me, and even if Misha didn't listen to her...Shizune would always interrupt all our conversations.

-Hanako would be completely afraid of me, I am sure of this.

-Lilly... if she gets to know me, she might like me, but she would probably avoid me for Hanako's sake.

-Rin would be the only person completely unaffected by my "bad vibe".
I would probably join the art club. I understand her, we could along just fine.I can see us becoming good friends.

-I would never meet Emi under normal cirumstances, but I might end up hanging out with her because of Rin.
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

This is an impossible question to answer surely?

I have no idea how anyone would react to me, I mean I'd like to know Hanako but with no prior knowledge, I would never approach her ever and she'd never approach me so that would never happen (:'(). I guess if I bumped into Lilly and we started talking I might end up meeting Hanako...

I probably would avoid Misha and Shizune, mostly because Misha would scare the hell out of me, I dont do running or going outside so Emi is out and Rin, I dont think I'd be able to talk to her.

So really, honestly, I dont think I would actually end up knowing any of them. There are many other people in the school to know as well even if the question doesnt include them. I am pretty sure I'd be a loner, I guess if we go back to my schooldays I would hang around with a bunch of people and just listen to music pretending I care about what they say.
Image Kaede <3
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Kouryuu wrote:I have no idea how anyone would react to me
Sometimes, the hardest person for you to know is yourself.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Helbereth wrote:
Kouryuu wrote:I have no idea how anyone would react to me
Sometimes, the hardest person for you to know is yourself.
That's very true. I found that out recently when a couple of coworkers said i seemed like a really cold person before they met me. I knew i was reserved, but never knew i gave that vibe off.