Anime Expo 2012 thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yummines

Re: Anime Expo 2012 thread

Post by yummines »

So far only seen Kenji and 1 Misha. None of the orher girls or Hisao.

I got a commision from one of the ks artists. I'll scan it when i get back home

edit: here it is
Attachments
Commission of Rin Tezuka from one of the artists for Katawa Shoujo.
Commission of Rin Tezuka from one of the artists for Katawa Shoujo.
rin commission.JPG (701.02 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

That turned out great! I'll scan the sketch that Raemz kindly agreed to draw for me:

Gotta get a nice frame for it.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
James

Post by James »

Here is mine from raemz.
TheAsianMongoose

Post by TheAsianMongoose »

Oh you lucky bastards. No words can describe how jelly I am of you guys right now.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Fuck it, I'm going to AX next year and I'll show you guys how the Midwest party at conventions!
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Snow_Storm wrote:Fuck it, I'm going to AX next year and I'll show you guys how the Midwest party at conventions!
I've heard tales of gaming conventions with free beer lines.

. . . is this true? If so. . . oh good lord. I can imagine what would happen if you tried that at AX. . .
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

themocaw wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:Fuck it, I'm going to AX next year and I'll show you guys how the Midwest party at conventions!

. . . is this true? If so. . . oh good lord. I can imagine what would happen if you tried that at AX. . .
I have a gut feeling what convention you're talking about. I don't think it's A&G Ohio (Anime and Games Ohio) but I heard they get wild. There's a convention near my hometown of St. Louis called "Archon" and it's nothing but huge ass party convention for Sci-Fi and Fantasy geeks. There's an open bar and you can drink on the convention floor (granted, they do have guards and police making sure nobody serves a minor or get too stupid and it's done in a respectable matter).

ACEN (Anime Central) is slowly becoming a party con, which is causing the more hardcore cosplyers and fans to get butthurt and saying shit like "OMG ANIME CONS ARE NOT FOR PARTYING AND DRINKING", which I agree with them to a point.

Anime St. Louis and Natsucon (two conventions I go to every year) does have some partying going on after the rave and dances. We get crazy, no matter what.

So yeah, imagine the craziness of a Midwest convention in terms of partying being brought to a large scale convention such as AX. Asses will be kicked.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Snow_Storm wrote:
themocaw wrote:

I have a gut feeling what convention you're talking about. I don't think it's A&G Ohio (Anime and Games Ohio) but I heard they get wild. There's a convention near my hometown of St. Louis called "Archon" and it's nothing but huge ass party convention for Sci-Fi and Fantasy geeks. There's an open bar and you can drink on the convention floor (granted, they do have guards and police making sure nobody serves a minor or get too stupid and it's done in a respectable matter).
That's the one. I heard it discussed on a podcast I listen to called "Fear the Boot," and I was all, "Wait, booze and partying at a geek con?"
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

themocaw wrote:That's the one. I heard it discussed on a podcast I listen to called "Fear the Boot," and I was all, "Wait, booze and partying at a geek con?"
Hey, another Booter! I knew there must be at least a few around here.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
My deviantArt
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

themocaw wrote: That's the one. I heard it discussed on a podcast I listen to called "Fear the Boot," and I was all, "Wait, booze and partying at a geek con?"
Yessir! That is Archon General. I do believe it is the biggest if not one of the biggest Sci-Fi/Fantasy convention in the Midwest and one of the major ones in North America. And bro, a lot of smaller conventions (As well as bigger conventions) have huge ass parties and booze fest. Just because we're all nerds and geeks doesn't mean we know how to kick and party (of course, I stole my partying ideas for anime/sci-fi conventions from a frat party I went to and various other parties).

Thing is with Archon, since it doesn't attach the younger crowd who are into anime and Eastern entertainment, we get the older folks like mid 20s all the way up to say people in their 50s who love to just party all day and night for three days straight!

Anyway, is "Fear the Boot" like a podcast for conventions or something? Just curious.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Snow_Storm wrote:Anyway, is "Fear the Boot" like a podcast for conventions or something? Just curious.
It's a podcast about tabletop roleplaying games "and a little bit more," as they put it. The cast is mostly in the St. Louis area, and they have their own gaming convention called "Fear the Con." You can find them here.
ImageImage
My deviantArt
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

This only makes me want to go to ALL the conventions once I'm an independent adult who can drive.

that artwork makes me jelly
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

I'm very jealous at that Emi+Hanako picture *drools* >.< Last time I went to convention was 5-6 years ago....
James

Post by James »

I think these three sketches are the only ones raemz did at AX.
When I got to her, she was working on the Emi & Hanako.
This was at 11 AM, and the Exhibit Hall opened at 10 AM.

At 11 AM, I was the last request raemz took, and she finished at 2:30 PM.
She started on mine at 2 PM for a rushed job.
Exhibit Hall close at 3PM.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

DH531 wrote:I'm very jealous at that Emi+Hanako picture *drools* >.<
James wrote:I think these three sketches are the only ones raemz did at AX.
When I got to her, she was working on the Emi & Hanako.
This was at 11 AM, and the Exhibit Hall opened at 10 AM.

At 11 AM, I was the last request raemz took, and she finished at 2:30 PM.
She started on mine at 2 PM for a rushed job.
Exhibit Hall close at 3PM.
Now I feel a little guilty.

But just a little. :wink:

If she comes to AX 2013, I won't ask for anything from her.
ImageImage
My deviantArt