Characters you would like better as friends

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Characters you would like better as friends

Post by Oddball »

So, simple question here. Which of the various characters would you prefer as freinds than as the romantic intrest?

I think Rin would make a much better person to just occassionally hangout with than to actually date.
Not Dead Yet
Episcia

Re: Characters you would like better as friends

Post by Episcia »

Same here - Rin would be an AWESOME friend to have. Also Miki, Yuuko, Molly, and say..uh..I dunno, Emi?
random

Post by random »

Misha
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Karl_Ravech

Post by Karl_Ravech »

>Comfort Akira

>Don't Comfort Akira

COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT
Ascended Flutist

Post by Ascended Flutist »

The problem with Rin would be that you should kind of monitor her to make sure she doesn't wander off, wonders aloud why the queen of england that is sitting next to you is wearing her curtains (how rude), that sort of thing. It'd get tedious after a while. Occasionally hanging out with her would be cool though.

Other than that, Emi would be so much fun to be friend with. I remember laughing many times in her route before shit actually got serious.
And to live in Peace A post Hanako Good End fanfiction. That about sums it up.

Fanfics Thou shalt not regret reading : Bloodline, Doomish's Misha Pseudo-route, Rika's Story, A Pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route.
There are many other apocryphas worth reading in the fanfiction section. Do yourself a favor, dig them up and read them. Reading is good.

Nice hat.
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Kenji, would love to sit up all night discussing conspiracy theories and getting drunk.
Hideaki, Seems cool enough if you can manage to get a conversation out of him (Nice way of saying I'd use him to get Akira)
Hanako, I'd play chess with her

Would anyone else not be able to resist punching Jigoro in the face?
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
random

Post by random »

Revvy wrote: Would anyone else not be able to resist punching Jigoro in the face?
You shut your whore mouth, Jiggy was the only good thing about Shizune's route
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

random wrote:
Revvy wrote: Would anyone else not be able to resist punching Jigoro in the face?
You shut your whore mouth, Jiggy was the only good thing about Shizune's route
I liked Shizune's route, and I loved Jigoro, but just think if you were in Hisao's place and tell me you wouldn't at the very least call him a prick.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

I liked Rin a lot when hanging out with Emi. As an artist, I think I might better understand her in some ways than Emi does, and I'd have as much fun having playful banter with her as I did Emi, but I couldn't be the person I would need to be to get the Good Ending outcome of Rin's path.

Akira's awesome, and I have to admit I'd be pretty attracted to her, but I got a vibe off of her that suggests to me I'd enjoy her company as a friend far more than trying to pursue her romantically.

Lilly, as lovely as she is, would probably find me a bit lacking as a romantic candidate. I think we could be very good friends, though (especially since I'd always want to be with Hanako :D ).

I like Misha a lot, too, but I could only be around her so much of the time (same for Shizune, though she's too competitive for me to relax at all around her, and getting lectured for my laziness would get old fast). I would be very happy for her friendship, though.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Rin as a friend for sure. That would much safer than investing emotions in a romantic relationship with her.

Pretty much the same with Emi. In fact Emi comes across as a "friend with benefits" already, so it would be easy to keep the relationship casual and have the best of both worlds.

Lilly is a tossup. She would be an awesome girlfriend, but she was also the best friend overall in the game too. I like the idea of her as the friend and Hanako as the lover -- it is kind of a two for one deal :)

I don't think I could be "friends" with Shizune. With her it would be either as a lover or a rival. Could be a "friendly" rivalry, but we would never be buddy-buddy unless there was a serious romance in the mix.

Misha due to obvious reasonswould probably be better as a friend.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Akira. We could hang out together, drink beers, listen to jazz music, and then go out for karaoke.
yummines

Post by yummines »

either Akira or Lily

Rin i like too much to ever consider anything below pursuing her
Emi possibly, though im not too atheltic (then again Hisao wasn't either)
Shizune would be more like argue then make out kind of thing possibly.
Hanako i think i would feel too much pity to
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I have the kind of grim personality that attracts bubbly people who want to try and 'fix' me or cheer me up. It happens. A lot. I could certainly see Emi, Misha or Miki making attempts at doing so, but I'd probably resent the attention. Of the three, I think Miki would probably seem the most genuine, though. Her propensity for making 'guy friends' is likely an indicator thereof. I think I'd probably still be friends with all of them, even if I'd never really feel I could trust them with anything big.

I'm drawn to people with natural shyness, though. I think I'd get along with Yuuko pretty well, especially since I have a curious streak when it comes to history and anthropology as well as an interest in literature. Hanako is along the same wavelength, but I'd probably get frustrated if she didn't calm down sometimes. Sharing quiet solitude with someone without needing to fill the day with meaningless chatter is a Godsend to an introvert like myself.

Shizune intrigued me for a number of reasons. The 'analytical stare' is something I've been told I tend to offer people, and I think she and I would 'have words' about it assuming the communication barrier became immaterial. However, her interests as described in the game hardly align with any of mine, so we wouldn't end up having much to discuss. Still, Shizune seems like the kind of person you'd call if you're trying to make a big decision and need someone to brow-beat the answer out of you - like a new career, proposing marriage, or something equally terrifying.

Lilly would be difficult to get along with, I think, because i tend to interpret everything visually - even map directions are lead by landmarks in my mind. In the end, I might be especially good at describing the world around her, but it would be rather tiring to do so at the rate I tend to take things in. There's a serenity about her, though, that's similar to the shyness I'm drawn to. Lilly tends to distance herself emotionally rather than physically, though, and that would be increasingly difficult to deal with. I think I'd make the effort to be friends with her.

Rin and I would be dangerously close to being on the same wavelength. The difference being that while she has a tendency to voice the strange thoughts floating through her head, I usually just snicker at them without saying anything. I'm not actually sure which is worse; saying the crazy thing on your mind, or just laughing about it and leaving people to wonder if you're out of your mind. When I'm with someone I know I can trust, though, I usually say those crazy things the same way Rin does. We'd be sitting around like a couple of stoners discussing why the walls are square instead of round, or how the sky is actually falling all the time - even without being high. I think I'd love that.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Where's that song that fits this thread...

Ah! Here it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d9x1g04kw4

Let's see...
Hanako.

Then maybe Rin.

Why Hanako? I'm drawn to subtle and quiet individuals mostly because of my own curiosity. This also goes for Rin who's mysterious vibe can incite a pretty interesting discussion topic during lunch or after class.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story