A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (completed)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

CBuM

Re: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (updated 6/25)

Post by CBuM »

Is the Philosophy of Time Travel a Donnie Darko reference?
nemz

Post by nemz »

Scissorlips wrote:Glad you liked it! So does Suzu, I want to repair things between them soon because there are few things better than Hisao and Kenji together in bro mode.
Hisao, Kenji, Suzu and Miki ALL in bro mode? Perhaps teaming up to fight evil and boredom and start a kickass garage band?

And yes, I caught a few references. I'm not a complete pleb.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

This may be a little late after this was published, but in my creative musings, I decided to give Hanako a phantom of the opera' mask before ever reading this.

This

I really like seeing someone write from someone other than Hisao's perspective. It makes some of the fan works a little more predictable than they should be - especially in the introspective moments. It's refreshing.
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

andros414 wrote:Should I feel bad for wanting Hisao to give Kenji one good hit to the gut? :evil:
Just remember that there was no real malice behind his actions

and he's right, what if a creep like Art Teacher/Walking Breathing Child Molester NOMIYA found her unconscious in the hallway?

CBuM wrote:Is the Philosophy of Time Travel a Donnie Darko reference?
Oh shitake mushrooms, you're right

Can't believe I missed that as I mentally just replaced it with Hawking's Brief History of Time on my read through
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

Thought Hisao's confession sort of lacked the emotional OOMPH, when it's been sort of built up as such
It only hurts when I breathe
DelusionsOfGrandeur

Post by DelusionsOfGrandeur »

I laughed a little too hard when I read “Bring out your books.”

Here's some source material for hilarity.

Edruil

Post by Edruil »

Tolkien, Donnie Darko, and Monty Python references, all in one update? The awesome, it's too much

Post by Guest »

You're probably used to this by now, but this is honestly one of the best KS fics I've ever read. Stories like this make me wish there had been more routes. There's one thing I've been curious about as I've been reading this, was the amusement park dream inspired by Yume Miru Kusuri?
Karl_Ravech

Post by Karl_Ravech »

First Emi, and now Shizune too??? Damn, them girls ganging up on Suzu. Hisao only has Lezard to sort of worry about
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Karl_Ravech wrote:First Emi, and now Shizune too??? Damn, them girls ganging up on Suzu. Hisao only has Lezard to sort of worry about
That brings up an interesting question about the canon stories.

I wonder how much jealousy there is between the ladies over Hisao? I mean, that's a somewhat large story point in the Shizune route, but I wonder how much animosity is stirred up when he chooses one girl over another. I imagine some of them being attracted to him (he's not repulsive) even if nothing is ever said. Since the individual stories tend to focus on the one girl with single-minded abandon, the possibility isn't really explored.

I'm loving this story, though. The way narcolepsy is portrayed and how Suzu deals with it are believable and thoughtful. Her anxieties and rambling thoughts are equally believable. Sometimes, I feel like I'm reading a passage ripped right from my own mind, especially when she's waiting for a response to an important question or trying to build up the courage to ask.

Also, might I suggest 'Narcolepta'.
random

Post by random »

Guest wrote:How much longer is this whole "Suzu's mysterious dead ex" thing going to go on for? It's starting to drag a little.
it's lelouch, i tells ya
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

random wrote:
Guest wrote:How much longer is this whole "Suzu's mysterious dead ex" thing going to go on for? It's starting to drag a little.
it's lelouch, i tells ya
Just thinking about that for a moment is giving me a headache.

Lelouch has aphasia, which basically means his brain incorrectly associates words with their meanings sometimes which would cause him to say something like "pencil robin of the dodge mind" instead of "what's the answer to number five?"

Suzu is a narcoleptic, which means she's tired a lot of the time, and occasionally blacks out.

When the two of them had a chance to converse, can you imagine it being anything other than surreal? Suzu wakes from a dream to hear her companion saying something about "purple monkey dishwasher", and thinks she's still asleep. I might be exaggerating a bit, but I don't think I'd be far off saying they'd have trouble understanding each other even if they did get along well.
random

Post by random »

Helbereth wrote:
random wrote:
it's lelouch, i tells ya
Just thinking about that for a moment is giving me a headache.

Lelouch has aphasia, which basically means his brain incorrectly associates words with their meanings sometimes which would cause him to say something like "pencil robin of the dodge mind" instead of "what's the answer to number five?"

Suzu is a narcoleptic, which means she's tired a lot of the time, and occasionally blacks out.

When the two of them had a chance to converse, can you imagine it being anything other than surreal? Suzu wakes from a dream to hear her companion saying something about "purple monkey dishwasher", and thinks she's still asleep. I might be exaggerating a bit, but I don't think I'd be far off saying they'd have trouble understanding each other even if they did get along well.

but the sex was great, and sometimes, that's all that matters
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

random wrote: but the sex was great, and sometimes, that's all that matters
Forgive my ignorance, I thought you were attempting serious discourse.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

He was seriously talking about discourse :-3
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.