Depends on the cost
18%
Other
5%

Total votes: 65

Sk3tch

If KS was on Steam would you buy it?

Post by Sk3tch »

I was thinking about it and here are my personal thoughts.

I like the functionality of Steam and being able to run all of my gaming from there, so even though the game is free if they through a paid version up on Steam for like 5 or 10$ I would buy it. It would let me donate to the creators of this great game (I know I can donate to them already but this way would just feel more official (At least to me anyways)). Plus they could through in achievements which I am always a sucker to. Stuff like Complete each characters good or bad endings or maybe 100% the game. Or maybe they could throw in the soundtrack as a free DLC.

I don't know, what are your thoughts?

All i know, is that if I woke up tomorrow and saw that KS was on Steam I would buy it in a flash.
What about you guys, yes? no? Why? And if no what would it take to turn you into a yes?

(Disclaimer : I wrote this at 2 in the morning, If I come back to read this and see that what i typed makes no sense, that is why)
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
yummines

Re: If KS was on Steam would you buy it?

Post by yummines »

i think there's a way to allow steam to launch games that are not available on steam, just so you could play the game and access the steam community at the same time (or show your friends you're playing so and so game).

lots of devs from the KS team (namely Aura and Hivemind) have stated that they don't care to make money off the game though, one way or another. mainly due to how complicated it would be to split the profits between all the devs, as well as some other stuff i dunno about.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

If KS was on Steam, I'd buy Steam.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

That's a question i can't answer ... cause if i had to pay for it at first .. i would have passed it over i think ... now that i put a good 70 or so hours into it of course i'll pay but if it wasn't free and i had to pay to play then no i would have passed it over for something else
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Yes, without a doubt
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Yes, but seeing as 4ls are even refusing willing donations... *sighs*
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

In a world where KS wasn't available as a free download, most certainly.

It has a better story than any of the crap titles that have been coming out for the past 10 years - 5 times over, no less.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Tis a free game and the devs even refuse to accept donations, why buy a game when the creators wish it to be free?
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Sk3tch wrote:
I don't know, what are your thoughts?
I think this thread is a waste of time. Why can't you agree with the dev's wish for it to be freely available?
What about you guys, yes? no? Why? And if no what would it take to turn you into a yes?
Nothing would turn me into a yes.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Steam's a good way to advertise KS though.

That 'what-the-fuck-r-u-playing' messages friends sent are hilarious sometime
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Don't forget that Steam has some free-to-play games, so KS can be on that category

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Yellow 13 wrote:Don't forget that Steam has some free-to-play games, so KS can be on that category
This is quite true.

I kinda like that its gotten most all of its promotion through forums and word-of-mouth, though. It makes it seem more genuine for it to work its way into the lexicon of media naturally rather than being over-hyped. When you recommend it to someone, you don't feel like you're just spitting out someone else's review buzzwords, rather you're offering them something you found and felt affected enough to tell them about.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Helbereth wrote:
Yellow 13 wrote:Don't forget that Steam has some free-to-play games, so KS can be on that category
This is quite true.

I kinda like that its gotten most all of its promotion through forums and word-of-mouth, though. It makes it seem more genuine for it to work its way into the lexicon of media naturally rather than being over-hyped. When you recommend it to someone, you don't feel like you're just spitting out someone else's review buzzwords, rather you're offering them something you found and felt affected enough to tell them about.

But what happened with ARMA 2 and the DayZ mod
The mod was so popular that made ARMA 2 to have more sales since the mod was out that before that

Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

No I would not.
In fact, to undermine the establishment, I would repeatedly pirate it and delete it to make Valve and 4LS lose money. Each time someone pirates it leads to one lost sale, so if I continued it for long enough, there would be negative sales, which would lead to a net loss.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Brogurt wrote:No I would not.
In fact, to undermine the establishment, I would repeatedly pirate it and delete it to make Valve and 4LS lose money. Each time someone pirates it leads to one lost sale, so if I continued it for long enough, there would be negative sales, which would lead to a net loss.
Gratz on the troll math. It ranks right up there with the 8 billion dollar iPod :)

Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb