Jeo

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by Jeo »

I'm full of feels, and they wont stop. you can blame this movie (its a sequel):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElW7OGBgajI
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

1) Kana - Little Sister, my favourite VN, which I've already had mentioned in the "Recommend a VN" thread.

2) Saishū Heiki Kanojo, aka She, The Ultimate Weapon; maybe the best manga I've read so far; not very realistic, but a heartwarmingly sad story.

3) Ai-Ren, another manga with a storyline that's almost as sad (although I didn't like the chapters with the background story that much, but you can even skip those without loosing much of the story).
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Saikano is so depressing. Everyone pretty much dies. Its not even stated for certain that Shuji survives.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Xiious wrote:Saikano is so depressing. Everyone pretty much dies. Its not even stated for certain that Shuji survives.
Manga or anime-wise?

In the manga he survives and the end basically translates Chise and Shuji as the new world's "Adam and Eve"

I just remember another one.

'Senjou no Valkyria' or 'Valkyria Chronicles'.
I don't need to say much, but I'll just give a few 'hints': Isara + Sniper
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Vagabond ....
Now some of you might be thinking "vagabond?! What's this guy talking about ?!"
But pay close attention to all of Musashi's inner monologues, and all his self-reflection.

Then there's also Battle Royale.(the manga)
It's really deppressing most of the time.
zanger

Post by zanger »

the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Surreal-mind wrote:Vagabond ....
But pay close attention to all of Musashi's inner monologues, and all his self-reflection.

Battle Royale?

That manga never gave me the 'feels'.

It does made me :shock: on some points and 'lolwtfjusthappenlololol' on another.

Other than that, awesome manga. Sequel isn't that good though...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Megumeru wrote: That manga never gave me the 'feels'.
Well, the manga itself isn't really depressing, but there's a certain scene...
I'm talking about what happens to Sugimura and Kayoko.
That was full of "FEELS" !! You gotta admit it was really depressing.
beashamedtodie

Post by beashamedtodie »

I'm a little surprised that this thread has gone on for 17 pages without a mention of In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel. Hopefully I just missed it. Unbelievably potent stuff.

Also in that vein: Astral Weeks by Van Morrison.
---
"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." -- Horace Mann
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Back in 2005, I got involved with a Flash collab building a video for the song 'Mad World' (Gary Jules version from 'Donnie Darkko').

What actually drew me in to contribute to the project (and eventually wind up taking over as project lead), was a single clip less than 5 seconds in length intended to play behind one of the 'Happy Birthday' lines. It depicted a young pregnant woman near full-term sitting behind a dumpster in a dirty alleyway, weeping. That image stays with me - even though it was only a drawing.

You can find the original video here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/282127
Or my YouTube upload here: (the clip is at about 1:39)

And on that note, I actually cried at the end of 'Donnie Darkko', and I never cry over movies.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

Megumeru wrote:
Surreal-mind wrote:Vagabond ....

Battle Royale?

That manga never gave me the 'feels'.

It does made me :shock: on some points and 'lolwtfjusthappenlololol' on another.

Other than that, awesome manga. Sequel isn't that good though...
well the first Battle Royale manga was actually based on the book, Blitz Royale was inspired by Requiem which was a sequel to the movie
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

beashamedtodie wrote:I'm a little surprised that this thread has gone on for 17 pages without a mention of In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel.
They're one of those bands I missed the boat on during my high school/college "indie garbage" phase that literally was over in a few months. I can't stand 'em, but I'm seeing a midlife crisis coming in like twenty years where I'll finally stop buying records, get an iPod of Future eBay, and rock the SHIT outta the Shins and Neutral Milk Hotel, pissing off my kids with my old grandpa music that doesn't beam directly into my brain.
... Danger.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Ico and Journey. Both games, and both that you NEED to play. Ico especially. I got The Feels so badly from that game, and it's the only one that could even compare to how KS made me feel.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Ico was a trip. I remember having to convince a friend of mine to try it after playing it myself. He was reluctant - he said - because he read a review saying the story was in a made-up language and he didn't want to bother. It took over an hour to convince him the dialogue was completely unnecessary.

I hadn't heard of Journey - other than the band - until you mentioned it. It looks interesting, but I hardly use any consoles anymore.

Let's see... give and take, they say.

Can I be corny and say Field of Dreams? Even my dad gets teary watching it, and he's seen it at least 50 times. "Hey, Dad... You wanna have a catch?" is probably the most cathartic single line in movie history. Maybe I'm just a sap.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Journey was probably the best made game I've ever played. If I had to rank favourites though, I'd say,

[*]Katawa Shoujo
[*]Ico
[*]Journey (Although I'm unsure about its placement)

It didn't affect me as much as the other two, but it was undoubtedly a perfect game, no questions asked.

EDIT: It's also very worth noting that Faded from the Winter (http://tinyurl.com/78uht4v), Upward Over the Mountain(http://tinyurl.com/ndg847),
Jezebel(http://tinyurl.com/7pdjj29) and The Trapeze Swinger(http://tinyurl.com/p99w8p) by Iron & Wine all gave me hardcore feels. I highly recommend.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"