Katawa Shoujo Cosplay General

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: It's a cosplay!

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Anyone else think TC's name is a bit suss? :S Great cosplay regardless, I fully agree with the cute/horrifying comment.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
massive-tile-sale

Post by massive-tile-sale »

Thanks for the feed back every one, I used tissue paper and liquid latex for the texture of the scars and for the color I used blush and face paint, I'm pleased everyone thought it turned out well (I got the photos taken near the end of the day so the make-up wasn't as fresh unfortunately but it still turned out pretty good in photos).

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You're just awesome. Great job.
I used tissue paper and liquid latex for the texture of the scars and for the color I used blush and face paint,
I used to make burn scars like that. I've freaked more than a few people out when I was younger that way. Personally, when i did it, I'd use thicker paper towels. The rough texture of them helps carry over and gives it more of a rougher look. I'd add a bit of black around the edges to make it look nastier, but that's probably not something you'd want to do for Hanako.

So what kind of con was this for?
Not Dead Yet
massive-tile-sale

Oddball wrote: I used to make burn scars like that. I've freaked more than a few people out when I was younger that way. Personally, when i did it, I'd use thicker paper towels. The rough texture of them helps carry over and gives it more of a rougher look. I'd add a bit of black around the edges to make it look nastier, but that's probably not something you'd want to do for Hanako.

So what kind of con was this for?
Thankyou, It was Sydney Supanova sci fi and anime con, I've done the slight black shading in other makeups but for Hanako it is old scarring so I didn't think it would be appropriate.
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

I was going to post photos of you in the general cosplay thread but I see there's this one. Little to say if not my best compliments for the best Hanako makeup so far! Also the shoulders of the shirt are well done - I say it because it's a detail other KS cosplayers often forget.
Zoram

Re: Katawa Shoujo Cosplay General

Post by Zoram »

A couple Kenjis.

Shizune, Misha and Rin.

It was windy...
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

The Misha of whom I posted the WIP some time ago. Cutest of the Mishas but the end result needs some improvements.

Considering it was, in the cosplayer's words, made quickly, this is a great Rin cosplay - on top of being adorable (said by one who has Rin as his least favourite KS girl).
Jeo

Post by Jeo »

That first Kenji is pretty good plus hilarious. plus the guys on the right of the 4th picture with Shizune and Misha has the funniest look on his face.

Also, does anyone know where I could get the male school uniform, cause I am having no luck finding one online, and I am currently too busy with two current projects of halo armor and a planned project of Isaac Clarke to make my own. Out of all the Hisaos I've seen I think I could pull him off pretty well, but then thats just me, you decide:
massive-tile-sale

Zoram wrote:I was going to post photos of you in the general cosplay thread but I see there's this one. Little to say if not my best compliments for the best Hanako makeup so far! Also the shoulders of the shirt are well done - I say it because it's a detail other KS cosplayers often forget.
Ha ha thanks for noticing the shirt (It was a bit of a pain in the butt because I didn't pick a great pattern to edit) also it makes me about a million happy you where going to post my cosplay picture!
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

-Mother of God. Dat Rin. *a certain onomatopeia* Calling her adorable is an huge understatement.
-The Misha with accompanying Shizune was her wig done excellently, although her boobs look unnaturally large. :S
-The aforementioned Shizune appears to be a dude in the pic with just her and Misha. Might be my imagination
-The other Misha is indeed cute, but her wig is all messed up. If she switched wigs with Boob-Misha, she would be all good.
-The Asian Kenji is prettyy well done, though the other guy leaves a lot to be desired.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

DAT RIN !!! :shock:
She's so cute!! It's impossible to describe it with words.
Her facial expression is cool too (So Rin-esque) :D
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Omg, outstading make-up. It looks so real.
Sins

Post by Sins »

I'm utterly speechless... That's one great cosplay, probably the best Hanako I've seen. ^^
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Awesome cosplay. I agree that it's rather pale for Hanako (though some of that may be the lighting rather than your makeup itself) but you make it work with the body language exceedingly well.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

Awesome cosplay!
Is that your own hair or you used a wig? Either you really nailed it on the color.
Regarding the pale skin, well, Hanako is not a girl that goes outside very much, and if Hanako was a caucasian instead of japanese, she would actually look like this, obviously if we don't take into account the dark purple hair.