Who Told You About KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tempester

Re: Who Told You About KS?

Post by Tempester »

Learned of its existence through /a/ several years ago. I didn't want to pick up an incomplete VN, so I didn't play the trial and never took part in the community. Suddenly, on January this year, KS became the flavor of the month on /a/ after it got released. Then I thought, "why not?" and picked it up after I finished playing Yume Miru Kusuri.
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

The Escapist article
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Denine

Post by Denine »

Funny, I heard about it from internet radio.
"A funny, touching and awesome game made by handful of people has been released."-ME: nahhhh..
"(...)It's a visual novel(...)"-ME:Naaahhh, never played visual novel and I'm not interested".
"(...)You can date with virtual girls(...)"-ME:...
"(...)Game ws in production for 5 years, like cave story!(...)"-DOWNLOAD.
Seriously, KS was first VN I ever played. :D
Paths done (in order): Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, Emi, Rin
Hardest decision so far: Agree with Lilly or trust my own judgement in Hanako path.
turbulentDuvet

Post by turbulentDuvet »

I read the kokatu article http://kotaku.com/5905626/that-game-abo ... ld-play-it back in april / may whilst browsing my feedler and thought I would give it a go.

Playing VNs like there's no tomorrow now and loving it.
People are like chemicals, they only need to come together once and they can change eachother forever.
MajorasAnguish

Post by MajorasAnguish »

Spry wrote:I saw it in the top 100 torrents in Pirate bay.
Same. I was so intrigued and now here we are.
ImageImage
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Earbud

Post by Earbud »

I found out about through Mike Inel's constant posting of fan art for the game. Needless to say, I was pretty happy when I saw the cut scenes :)
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

The first time I heard about KS was when I encountered this video review on YouTube, made by a guy called Asymmetrisch. When I had watched several of his other reviews on various manga series before, I noticed that he evidently owns a similar taste for ecchi stories with some meaning behind them as I do, so I decided it couldn't hurt to check out this one as well - and then I realized that I just had been introduced to one of my favourite computer games.

By now there's a review of the full version, too.
Evenstar

Post by Evenstar »

Oddly enough, I heard about this game on the Escapist as well but it was in this Critical Miss comic. I clicked on the link to this site, read all the background and downloaded the game. After a few false starts, I finally found the time to play all the way through. I was so happy with Emi finish that I stayed up far too late for several weeks so I could do them all.

It's led me into the world of VNs which I'd never really known about. There are now over a dozen on my machine, waiting for me to steal time from my sleep cycle. Still I have a hunch that none of them will seem as delightful as this game....
KS Standard: Shizune> Hanako> Emi> Lilly> Rin
KS Alternate: Sae> Yuuko> Meiko> Akira

Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

ShadeHaven wrote:A youtube commentator.

Not the best way to learn about VNs, but i'm grateful either way.
Same for me. I was never into anime, manga or anything like that. So im really thankful that ChilleChaos introduced me to KS.
Episcia

Post by Episcia »

OH I REMEMBER NOW!

It was all thanks to this fandub of Hisao's first meeting with Hanako that I stumbled upon YouTube (after watching the user's cute voice-acting shenanigans :3).

I'm so thankful I got curious and downloaded KS. Thank you, LilyPichu!
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

Well I discovered it from a picture on facebook my friend posted with Lilly's line Healthy Adolescent Sex Drive, so I thought I would check it out. Funny thing I think this VN made the genre from a rare existence in America to a somewhat more known single handedly
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

No one, I discovered the game partially because I was looking for a freeware VN, and because the memes related to it caught my attention.
Panthour

Post by Panthour »

I saw a few posts about it on RPS and Kotaku, not the best places to get into VNs but I worked none the less.
S-Class Wizard. Emi is my waifu.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I was browsing for a new VN after I finished FSN in 2008-09 I think. Maybe less, back when ACT I is still 'ACT I' (without v1, v2, v3, v4, etc.)

Somehow, I stumbled upon KS and thought 'hey, what is this? Seems legit' so I downloaded ACT I and ended up in Shizune's route.
My eyes just became wide open and I went '...now this, I have to follow'.

and so I did.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story