Rin
17%
Shizune & Misha
5%

Total votes: 184

DLMicheru

Re: Which Storyline Did You Like The Best

Post by DLMicheru »

Though I agree with Lilly's storyline to be the most clichéd and (in the end too perfect) I still click it as my favourite one, for a couple of reasons.
1) I finished it last (without walktrough) and after I ended up with 2 bad endings in other storylines... So each and every moment, until the end, I was on the edge of my seat, hoping for a happy endings.
2) I'm aiming to become a Science-teacher myself. So I could easily relate to Hisao when he figured out his future ideal.
3) And the last (to me most important) reason I liked Lilly's storyline the most... I lost my girl-friend as she moved Overseas with her family...

Still I'm much obliged to say I truly like every storyline. Hanako's (Good ending) coming a close second...
Roses are red,
My name is Dave. My real name is Michel, not Dave
This poem makes no sense.
Microwave.

Lilly=Hanako>Emi>Rin=Shizune/Misha
Dalton4888

Post by Dalton4888 »

IMO Lilly's was the best, with Hanako's coming in at a close second.

I don't know what it is about Lilly's arc that gets me every time. Yeah, cliched and generic at some points, but there are just so many emotional moments (the field scene, the airport scene, the hospital scene etc..) that made me bawl like an infant. She was, in my opinion, one of the most real characters (if that makes any sense) in the game. As for Hanako's arc coming in at second, it didn't take first only because I feel like I was left hanging (in a good way, but left hanging) with the final scene and all. It was so perfect that it almost killed, what was for me, a perfect plot. I think Lilly's plot jumps Hanako's just because of that. I will admit that the most brutal feels were had at the end of Hanako's though, the feels during Lilly's were just more spread out.
My favorite arcs:
Lilly > Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune.

Most feels:
Hanako > Rin > Emi = Lilly > Shizune.

OH GOD THE FEELS MAN, SOMEONE HALP
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Emi. I was supposed to answer Rin as well but since I got the neutral ending first and it kinda gave me pain and confused, I decided that Emi's was worth all the effort of thinking what to choose which turned out good.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

ZXRN wrote:Emi. I was supposed to answer Rin as well but since I got the neutral ending first and it kinda gave me pain and confused, I decided that Emi's was worth all the effort of thinking what to choose which turned out good.
Did you know that Rin might commit suicide in the future in the neutral ending? Just wondering
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Megumeru wrote:
ZXRN wrote:Emi. I was supposed to answer Rin as well but since I got the neutral ending first and it kinda gave me pain and confused, I decided that Emi's was worth all the effort of thinking what to choose which turned out good.
Did you know that Rin might commit suicide in the future in the neutral ending? Just wondering
Nah, she might just live on, but now i'm curious, what kind of amazing kind of suicide would she commit? The onlyt hing that she can really do is jump from a bridge or something like that, but Rin is smart and with a good imagination, so she would probably try something outlandish, like Suicide by stampede...

I'll stop now, or my ramblings will upsted the fanboys or the sane.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Random someone

Post by Random someone »

Like most people I'd say Lily's. But Not because she's the best character.

Lily's story is the best 'story' its a really good, well told romance story. You learn about all the characters involved, you feel the emotional highs and lows and in the end the guy gets the girl and they walk away into the sunset. I'm not saying its shallow, it shows you these two young adults who are apparently mature for their age (Hisao and Lilly) and you learn about dependence on others as well as acceptance of your own failings. By the end of exploring the two characters however you realise that despite both characters apparent wisdom they are still just teenagers, with all the faults that brings as Hisao realises he hasn't done everything he could for Lily and she in turn fails to face the pain of leaving.

But the most heart wrenching, soul crushing, tear dragging story has got to be Rin's. Her story got the most emotional response out of me that any story has as we watch this character being slowly destroyed by all those around her. We see how peoples assumptions have done nothing but trample an innocent girl with an amazing gift, a gift that we see misinterpreted by her teachers and her peers. We see how she tries to live up to these assumptions so as to make others happy and in doing so destroyers herself, robs herself of dignity and identity to try and please. Thats why its the most powerful story for me, but I can't stomach the pain of it as I (the reader) sit there and watch these poor choices that Hisao has to make.

So in Short, Rin may be better but I prefer the happier ending that Lily's romance story brings.
Jeo

Post by Jeo »

guess.
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

I felt Rin's was the best. It's frustrating and difficult... but of the very end, when everything in right in the world for her for the first time... It's like magic, and you feel so accomplished.

I love you Rin... always and forever.
blitzklipze

Post by blitzklipze »

Breakdown of almost all stories (haven't played shizune's)

Emi was the most fun for me. All the characters seemed funnier including Hisao himself. I don't really have many complaints except the last sex scene seemed out of place. I would think that after having a sad, emotional moment at your father's grave, that sex would be the last thing on your mind. But hey, that could just be me. Overall though, I would say she's got number 2 on my list due to the witty writing and a pretty good, emotionally charged story.

Rin is one of my favorite characters! I love how she describes well... everything. And I like the fact that her strange manner of speech seems to rub off onto Hisao especially towards the end. My big problem is that I related to her more as a friend than a lover. I was intrigued by the philosophy of her story, but not in love with 'her.' The feelings that hisao had for her could not be shared by me, and the sex scenes seemed a little forced and awkward personally.

Hanako had the most promise in the beginning. I was kind of let down by the conclusion of the story. I didn't feel like her story really accounted for all of her mental issues. Her shyness seemed a bit over exaggerated and frustrating towards the end considering she still has issues talking to this guy who seems to be madly in love and dedicated to her and has proven so over the course of several weeks. The lesson of the story seems a little mislead as well. It is saying that we are supposed to be able to let people be to find their own strength (which I agree with) and yet, Hanako ends up clinging to the first guy that manages to break her out of her shell and will most likely never have a normal conversation with anyone else ever again. To be honest, I wanted to like this story, but I just couldn't quite relate to Hanako on the same level as everyone else seems to. But hey, it could just be me.

Lilly's story if you haven't guessed by now, is my favorite one. I like her, and it might be mostly for personal reasons, but they are reasons nonetheless. I liked how she seemed to have the least issues with her disability when compared to say, Shizune trying to be a 'dictate'-or, or Emi trying to be a runner, and maybe even Rin trying to draw. She wasn't trying to triumph over her disability, rather, she accepted, and lived with it. Lilly appears calm and collected but then turns out to love drinking and having sex which is a very nice twist in her personality. Though her father basically outcast her due to her blindness, she turns around and forgives him. She basically has all the attributes of someone whom I'd like to spend my life with. On top of that, her story is the craziest emotional roller coaster I have ever seen. Towards the end, you weren't sure if you fucked up and got the bad ending and it was just dragging on, or if it was even remotely possible for something good to come out of the tragic situation Hisao gets himself into. Overall, it was a story that brought with it touching and emotional scenes, and suspense to rival that of action movies. A truly satisfying story that had me on the edge of my seat. Not to mention, I think Hanako has a better ending in Lilly's story. Being able to make friends with other girls rather than attached to Hisao the rest of her life.

This is all my opinion though, I will eventually play Shizune's story though from what I've read, I'm not sure if I would really like it.