Who Told You About KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Episcia

Re: Who Told You About KS?

Post by Episcia »

I think it was from a League of Legends video commentated by Shurelia, oddly - and Pimmy's kombini video was related for some reason.

I really don't recall, but I do think that's where I first heard tell of it. Thank goodness I clicked on that video.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

We already have a thread called "How did you find yourselves here?" (or something similar).
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

The KS generals of /v/, back in January
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

Even though I used to frequent 4chan a lot, I never heard about it there. I did see a pic of Rin sitting next to quagmire in /co/ once, never paid too much attention to it. I saw an article on hardcoregaming101 about Katawa shoujo... what really got me interested was that it was made by 4channers.
Jeo

Post by Jeo »

Friend suddenly hopped in a skype group chat and posted that we had to try it. That was a week ago. I agree with him. I just wish it wasn't the week of FINALS! But hey, glad he did though.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Well i first saw a picture of Rin on 4chan back a few years ago, and that took me to a wikipedia page about the game, thats how i found out first about it but never really thought too much about it other than "thats kind of weird". Then last January somehow another picture of Rin came up when my friends were over so i showed them the wiki article, and found out the game had released a few days earlier so i decided to try it.
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

This article on The Escapist:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -Available

I often go on their forums (under the same username, BTW), so it was only natural that I'd read it. I never would have expected KS to be such a life changing experience, though.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

From this article.

http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/top ... wa-shoujo/

This quote in particular pretty much convinced me to give it a try:
I hate anime, I don't read books, and I could never imagine myself liking a romance story. I love Katawa Shoujo to bits.
I think that should probably say something to the people in doubt.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Breaker deGodot wrote:This article on The Escapist:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -Available

I often go on their forums (under the same username, BTW), so it was only natural that I'd read it. I never would have expected KS to be such a life changing experience, though.
I saw the same article. I thought "this sounds... questionable, but the price is right so I've got to try it". I'm ever so grateful I did.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Of all the places I'd find this, I never thought I'd actually see this great game while I was just trolling through the internet. I think there was this page on facebook called "memecenter" (which is not really as funny as 9gag.) And after scrolling and laughing a few times, I found a picture of all of them in 1 big picture, then Hanako, searched google. (Oh Mah Gawd it's free!) Happily downloaded it.
Last edited by ZXRN on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

ZXRN wrote:Of all the places I'd find this, I never thought I'd actually see this great game while I was just trolling through the internet. I think there was this page on facebook called "memcenter" (which is not really as funny as 9gag.)
ZXRN wrote: (which is not really as funny as 9gag.)
>9gag
>Funny

Choose one, playa.

I think another case where I saw KS before I knew it was KS was the original RAITA sketch. My original thoughts were "Fucking Japan would make a video game where you rape disabled people."
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Came upon it completely by accident yeeears ago (whilst in development of course), didnt know it was related to 4chan cos I only ever went on /b/ (back when it was good)
Then forgot about it, somehow rediscovered it full version and all in february-march? I remember I was in a strange trance as I googled it and downloaded it immediately without even thinking about it (I dont play visual novels so yeah it was weird how I just got it on an impulse)
$50 says I live more South than all of you
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

It was a news topic on The Escapist Forums. When I read that it was a Disabled Girl Dating Sim, I thought it was a perverted game made by some deranged person. Sort of like that one game, "Rapeplay" I think it was called. But when I actually read the OP, I realized that it was actually something else entirely. Once I learned what it was about, I decided to download the demo, and then the full game.

It's funny how things aren't always as they appear huh? Kind of like in the game. :)
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Friend of mine at work...

He thought it was funny, so he told me about it, but I downloaded it and played it, and got him to do the same after I got through a few routes, then we got 2 more guys at work into it... :)
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Snow_Storm wrote:
ZXRN wrote:Of all the places I'd find this, I never thought I'd actually see this great game while I was just trolling through the internet. I think there was this page on facebook called "memcenter" (which is not really as funny as 9gag.)
ZXRN wrote: (which is not really as funny as 9gag.)
>9gag
>Funny

Choose one, playa.

I think another case where I saw KS before I knew it was KS was the original RAITA sketch. My original thoughts were "Fucking Japan would make a video game where you rape disabled people."

I don't really get it...Unless you mean 9 gag.com is not funny? If that's the case then..well, can't blame ya. But it does have it's moments to make you laugh once in a while.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.