Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ZXRN

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by ZXRN »

SpamJam wrote:
Akros wrote:
SpamJam wrote:I cant wait to start this on saturday so i can lose some pounds and build my stamina as i lose my breath way to fast. As im overweight :(
Is running on concrete ok for me?
It's quite obviously, that when being overweight running gets harder, so depending on your actual weight, it'll be harder for your legs. I'll be better if you start running on softer ground, if that ain't possible for you, then I guess you can either slow down or try running using a treadmill.
Like Althamus has already said, it depends on how "overweighted" you are.
Ok thanks i guess im going to have to slow down a bit then and get used to running on concrete.
Don't worry. You'll get used to it in no time. I had no choice but to get used to it. Just make sure you've got some nice running shoes. (Mine's a bit worn out so I get some
pain in my feet once in a while.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

I finally (almost) managed to complete W4D1. Only 1 lap was left. Apparently, my friend's tip on drinking water to prevent cramps was quite effective.
Unfortunately, I felt it again...but only at my 2 final laps. So for the sake of my pride I finished 1 more lap.

Next time, I'll drink more so there shall be no more pain to stop me. The really good news is that before the pain started, I was actually faster than my previous runs and feel
less tired. So I'm pretty happy despite what happened in the end.
Akros

Post by Akros »

So drinking water before the runs is working for you?
Normally I don't eat or drink anything right before the run, and still, no such thing as that happens to me.
You sure about the water thing?
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

You won't believe how easy W5D1 is.

5 3 5 3 5? That's nothing.

W5D2 is quite a challenge.

8 5 8? Surprisingly the five minute break isn't helping much on the second 8 minute run. The first 8 minute run was easy, no problem. The second one? Not so much. Stopped at the 5th minute on the second 8th--couldn't handle it, so I'm restarting W5D1 again until my legs and my lungs start listening to my demands :evil:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:So drinking water before the runs is working for you?
Normally I don't eat or drink anything right before the run, and still, no such thing as that happens to me.
You sure about the water thing?
I honestly don't know if the water worked for me or maybe it was just coincidence. I'll try not drinking any water on Friday. If I don't feel the pain then water is bad indeed.
SpamJam

Post by SpamJam »

What time do you guys get up to run at?
Emi is my favourite <3
Akros

Post by Akros »

SpamJam wrote:What time do you guys get up to run at?
the time you feel most comfortable with. If it's 5 am, then 5 am, 8 pm, then 8 pm, as for myself, I usually run really late, like close to midnight, it's not hot then and basically there's no one out in the streets
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I mostly run pretty late too, 9 or 10 pm.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I run in the afternoon, around five to six PM.

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

W4 D1 was way harder than i had anticipated. I was completely unable to do either of the 5 minute jogs. For both of them I had to stop at the 3 1/2 or 4 minute point to walk. If by day 3 I still cannot do it I may have to repeat this week. In lighter news though, my new running shoes made the running so much nicer on my feet, no pressure and heat buildup that i had in my other shoes. So that was a plus.

As for when i run, I run once the sun is setting. I live in New Mexico which is basically a desert so the sun is blazing hot. I wait for it to set so i don't overheat and sweat like a pig. Which is normally around 9 or 8
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

I was getting up at 4:45 AM to go run, mostly because my wife needs the car to leave by 7:00 (or a little earlier sometimes). That's enough time for me to get dressed, drive down to the lake, walk to the baseball field, do my run, and come back.

I like being out before everyone, when it's still kind of dark and I don't have anyone watching me hyperventilating. :wink: I also like doing it first thing in the morning because it leaves me feeling pretty good the rest of the day (if a little sore sometimes).
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Sk3tch wrote:W4 D1 was way harder than i had anticipated. I was completely unable to do either of the 5 minute jogs. For both of them I had to stop at the 3 1/2 or 4 minute point to walk. If by day 3 I still cannot do it I may have to repeat this week. In lighter news though, my new running shoes made the running so much nicer on my feet, no pressure and heat buildup that i had in my other shoes. So that was a plus.

As for when i run, I run once the sun is setting. I live in New Mexico which is basically a desert so the sun is blazing hot. I wait for it to set so i don't overheat and sweat like a pig. Which is normally around 9 or 8
Don't worry.

I repeated W4 for two weeks before my legs and my lungs listened to my demands

SHII-HAEL!
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Megumeru wrote:
Sk3tch wrote:W4 D1 was way harder than i had anticipated. I was completely unable to do either of the 5 minute jogs. For both of them I had to stop at the 3 1/2 or 4 minute point to walk. If by day 3 I still cannot do it I may have to repeat this week. In lighter news though, my new running shoes made the running so much nicer on my feet, no pressure and heat buildup that i had in my other shoes. So that was a plus.

Don't worry.

I repeated W4 for two weeks before my legs and my lungs listened to my demands
Ditto what Megumeru said. Just work up to completing it. Before it was a struggle for me to do my usual sets of Barbell curls without having my arms give out before my last set (I do 3 sets of 10 reps). Now there's easily doable for me. :) (Just took me a couple weeks)
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I tend to feel a bit knocked out after my workout, so do it maybe 30 mins before bed, which gives me time to refresh, change, brush teeth, maybe watch some TV briefly and lower my adrenaline, then collapse into bed and sleep, rather than feel energyless for the rest of the day.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Akros

Post by Akros »

I had a really hard exam today, so when I got home I went for a run to relax, so I'm done with week 7 at last