What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

~Shultz

Re: Good ending and leave it or?

Post by ~Shultz »

If you feel like you have to get them, then get them. If you don't feel like, then don't...

I did Hanako's bad ending last night, and I played her route for the first time many weeks ago, when I first get the game. I didn't felt prepared for it after finishing it for the first time, so I did Emi's, Lilly's and Kenji's through those weeks before going to Hanako's bad ending

Still, the ending took me off guard. So, do the endings whenever you feel like
The name is /V/ice~
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think most of the bad endings let you see aspects of the characters that you wouldn't normally get to see if everything goes well. I'd recommend getting all the endings.
Not Dead Yet
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Yeah, aspects like DESTROYING YOUR FEELS FOREVER.

I'm just teasing. I personally didn't find any real satisfaction by doing the neutral + bad ends, but some folks do.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Dalton4888

Post by Dalton4888 »

I would just watch the bad / neutral endings on youtube, they're bound to be there. You do get a really cool image for 100% completion, but you can find that on the interwebs as well. My feels were in immense distress for like 2-3 days after all of the bad endings, it was awful lol.
My favorite arcs:
Lilly > Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune.

Most feels:
Hanako > Rin > Emi = Lilly > Shizune.

OH GOD THE FEELS MAN, SOMEONE HALP
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I wouldn't right now.
Play through each route naturally, then come back for the 100%.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

You shouldn't skip Shizune's bad ending, because you can't actually understand Shizune's route in its entirety unless you read the bad ending, become utterly confused by it, and then spend forever trying to figure it out.

You shouldn't skip Rin's neutral ending, because it is probably the best section of the entire game, from a certain point of view.

Emi and Hanako's neutral and bad endings, and Rin's bad ending, don't have very much literary content, since they are so short and abrupt. They still give you a little more insight into the characters, but you can skip them if you want.

Lilly's neutral ending is completely unnecessary unless you want to earn the 100% completion image.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Brogurt wrote:Get all the endings and you'll get a really cool and worthwhile picture
Yeah, if you like bad artwork.

Anyway, here's a link to all the good/bad/normal endings uploaded by yours truly. Warning: Obvious spoilers ahoy!

Last edited by Snow_Storm on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

there's the suicidal route.

Complete all the good endings then gun for all the bad endings. I wouldn't recommend it, but I'll say just go for both good and bad.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

I agree with schultz. (I just play them randomly so whichever one I get, that's it.)

I do my best to get the good ending though, so unless your aiming for a 100% go for it dood!
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
SpamJam

Post by SpamJam »

Thanks guys for the replys might do good ending and leave it or just do try to do all the endings to flesh out the character more :D
Emi is my favourite <3
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

SpamJam wrote:Thanks guys for the replys might do good ending and leave it or just do try to do all the endings to flesh out the character more :D
Like I said, try for all the endings, but most importantly, DON'T use any type of guide until you've gotten at least two endings with everybody. Good or bad, the endings mean more when you've earned them.
Not Dead Yet
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Enemy | wrote:I wouldn't right now.
Play through each route naturally, then come back for the 100%.
This is what i did. I played through each route and got the good endings for all of them except Shizune. Once i finished a route good or bad, i deleted the save file and went on to the next girl. Now however i am trying to 100% this game.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I always try to get all endings. I want to know all aspects of the story.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

Really up to you. I personally recommend all endings, especially of your favourite character(s). They may be sad but you also may like them. I heard people say how they felt after Hanako's bad ending and expected to be torn apart but it turns out I really liked it(not because I enjoyed seeing her upset but the scene was so powerful).

I guess it depends how you view it. You might be satisfied with just the good ends or you might want to know all there is to know about a character.
Image Kaede <3
Evenstar

Post by Evenstar »

I'd recommend finding all the good endings before making a point to find the bad/ neutral ones. I managed all five with only one failure along the way with Shizune. This was so devastatingly awful that I had to stay up late and find the good ending or I knew I would have bad dreams. Lucky for me, it was easy to figure where things went wrong.

Even though I want to complete the picture collection, I'm still reluctant to pursue a bad path. I found the "Manly Picnic" path and ended up staring blankly at the screen when done. Frankly, after that and what had happened with Shizune, I'm a bit scared to see the other bad endings. After three acts of well written emotional turmoil, it breaks my heart to see it all fall apart in the final act, usually due to a bad choice on my part.

My current plan is to unlock a bad path and then spend a few days doing happy stuff so I can calm down.
KS Standard: Shizune> Hanako> Emi> Lilly> Rin
KS Alternate: Sae> Yuuko> Meiko> Akira