This Padded Cell I Call A School Updated 17/6

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AusJake
Location: Sydney; Where the grass is Metaphorically Greener, and I'm Browning it up

This Padded Cell I Call A School Updated 17/6

Post by AusJake »

Hey Guys/Girls etc. im gonna give a tiny bit of back-story as to the reason why this is here.
This is my first piece of story Writing outside of school, and the First piece of Fan-Fiction I've ever written. Ever. :oops:
During an episode of insomnia, a friend i was talking to suggested i write something to take my mind off of whatever was preventing me from sleeping.
And this is the result. i had this idea in my head from remembering a kid i met when i was a bastard and at counseling, who was similar to our Protagonist below, about 6 years ago. i remembered him and started writing. (though there are a lot of differences between him and this story. like gender, country of origin, Past, etc)
This might turn into a thing, it might not. i just felt like posting this. didn't want it rotting in my computer, unread.
Enjoy :) oh and feel free to criticize, just try to make it constructive, Thanks. at 1440 words, i surprised myself at how much i wrote, seeing as i haven't done it in a couple of years.

Part One: Leaving almost all that I love and Hate behind.

“What do you mean, you’ve broken your phone?!?”

My Mothers frantic tone makes it sound like I’ve broken a priceless vase, honestly i don't see why she's surprised, this isn't the first time this has happened, and ill be pretty surprised if its the last, which i doubt.
“Mum, you know these things happen, it’s why I don’t get expensive things. I’ll just break them. Then it’ll be a waste”

I reply, not taking my eyes off the pieces of plastic and glass. What’s left of my phone. I sigh, the 7th casualty In the Never-ending War against my Trembling Hands... It’s not my fault, but I still feel bad. Phones cost money.

“But your Leaving soon, how am I supposed to call my angel? What if something happens?
How am I supposed to know if you’ve fallen down some stairs and broken your neck”

She’s practically pulling her hair out at this point. I sigh again; I’ve been doing that a lot lately. Probably because she has been like this ever since she decided to send me away. “What if this, what if that” I’m over it.

“Me having a phone wouldn’t make a difference in that case mum, I’ll be dead.” i point out, in the flattest tone i could muster. The look of horror as she realizes this makes me feel a little better, then worse, because now I feel guilty.

“Look, you're sending me to this school for a reason, I’m sure they’ll contact you as soon as something happens, IF, something happens. According to you and all my doctors, Yamaku is the safest place for me, short of a Padded Cell, so you shouldn’t worry so much”
My somewhat positive attitude seems to calm her down, a little. I grab a Broom out of the Cupboard and start sweeping the mess up.
Hopefully she won’t discover the next life threatening problem, like not having enough books, before I clean this mess.

Thankfully, she didn’t. Now what’s left of my phone is in the trash. I’m going to have to get a new one sometime soon. Although, I might prolong it a little to prevent the barrage of questions she’ll likely ask me once I’ve settled into my new home for the next year. I decide to make sure all my stuff is packed into my suitcase before the taxi gets here, and I struggle upstairs and into my room.

Yamaku, School for the Disabled. I’m actually looking forward to moving away, if a bit reluctant. Even though Mum can be Hectic, Clingy, and Protective of me at times, she’s still my mother. I don’t really want to leave her in this house. Alone, with all those unhappy memories,
I close my eyes in an attempt to prevent the memories and Emotions to surface.

When I open them, I’m looking out of my living room window. It’s raining, quite heavily.

“Haru-Chan!”

I see my older brother Karen, out on the front Yard, waving at me to come out and play.
I smile. I run to the front door, grabbing my coat hanging on the coat-rack, I put it on and run outside.

I blink, and I’m back in my room, staring at myself in the mirror, a lone tear travelling down my left cheek. I scoff at it and wipe it away. Then I start look over myself in the mirror.

Haruka Uchida. I look like a mess right now.
My Wavy brown hair sits to just below my shoulder, but it’s all messed up because I haven’t brushed it yet. I should probably do that at some point.
My pale gray eyes, staring back into themselves, they look distant.

I scan over the rest of my body. My...”assets,” aren’t the biggest, I’m probably pretty average for a girl my size and age. And I’m happy for it. My skins a bit pale though. I’ve seen boys drooling over some of the “larger” girls at my old school. And I don’t think I could handle that, I’d probably attack them...
I suddenly realise I’m glad to leave that school, it wasn’t for me. A normal school, i shudder at the thought. All those questions. The Students Were scared of me, the teachers ignored me. That was a good thing though, I didn’t want friends, and I didn’t need friends. As long as I did my work, they let me be. Mostly.

I ball my lightly Shaking left hand into a fist, and hold it up, staring at it. The memory of punching some Hot-shot popular boy the year up from mine in the jaw mid-sentence of calling me crazy comes flooding back. And a genuine smile shows on my face for the first time in days. That boy bit his tongue when I punched him, almost cutting it off. He talks with a lisp now. The next day, everyone ignored me. And for that I was grateful.

I look back up to my face, the smile still on my lips.

I look like someone else, like a girl I’m not.

My thoughts of school make me glance to my new school uniform, hanging on the back of my door. It’s not too bad, I guess. I like the colour green. Not white though. It’s too bright. Too, dull.
I should put that on actually, seeing as ill be going into class once I get there.

A couple of minutes later, my hair newly brushed, my uniform on, but no makeup though. I don’t need it. Besides, it’s only for special occasions. And I’ve only ever had one of those; it wasn’t even a positive one. So I left it off.

I Yawn... Stupid mornings, why do I have to go to school today. Can’t I get there, get all my stuff packed away, and go the next day? I sigh. Waking up at 2 am is stupid.

I’m just about to close my suitcase and take it to the front door when I notice my pills. I scowl at them for existing, and then put them in the suitcase, as far in as I can manage. Then for good measure I zip the suitcase up. I was going to anyway but having an extra purpose for doing so made me infinitely more enthusiastic about it... There, all better.

Mum walks in just as a finish zipping it, smiling at me. I smile back. I don’t like faking smiles, but smiling makes her feel better so I try to do so whenever possible. She probably knows they’re fake though. She’s my mum after all.

After declining Countless offers to have her take it downstairs, my suitcase is finally resting against the wall near the front door. And now we wait, for the taxi to take me to the airport, which will take me to some city on the other side of the country. Then all that is left is to take a taxi out of the city, to the school. Just to get to school. What an eventful day this is going to be. I sigh again.

After what seems like forever, but was really 10 minutes, I hear a horn outside.
And cue the sappy goodbyes.

Oh? She’s not crying.

That’s a first; she’s usually all emotional at times like these.

“I’m going to miss you Angel” Her bottom lip is shaking slightly. Ah, I see. She’s trying her hardest not to cry.

“I’ll miss you too mum, ” I start, but she pulls me into a Bear-hug and I end up muttering into her chest “I’ll call you as soon as I get another phone, it may be about a week though, I’ll need some time to adjust.”

After a few kisses on the cheek, I make it out the door and to the taxi.
The taxi driver takes my suitcase and puts it in the Boot.

Mum is standing at the front door, Smiling. But the tears are flowing and it’ll only be a matter of time before she loses all composure and starts wailing like a banshee.

She looks lonely.

I run back to her, a little awkwardly, due to my slight limp. And give her one last hug. Gah. Now I’m trying not to cry.

She laughs quietly, and whispers “be safe, Angel”

I let go of her, and reply between Breathes “I... will”

I run back to the taxi driver, who nods in understanding, and opens my door.
I nod back, and get in the taxi.

I look back at the place that has been my home for the last 18 years, glad to be away. as the taxi drives away, I see my Mother fall to her knees crying on the front porch. One hand, supporting herself, the other covering her face.

I hate leaving.

Yes? No? Maybe? I don't mind posting additional chapters/parts once they're written, but only if people want me too. if i'm bad at writing and you don't want to see this that's fine, just let me know, and ill stop posting. but this story will most likely continue. just it won't be posted.
it felt kind of therapeutic writing this actually, i enjoyed it.
Side note: Kind of Minor Spoilers. Haruka, has 2 conditions, one physical, one mental. the mental one hasn't been mentioned yet, and is the main reason she is sent to Yamaku. In the next chapter, which was writing in the same 4 hour sitting, it gets known. Her physical one, causes The slight limp, and trembling hands.
The Physical Condition gets explained either in the next chapter or the one after that, i haven't finished writing it yet
Last edited by AusJake on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Here lies Jake, Died 1/6/12 of an Awesome Overload

Jesse: nothing says comfort like De-flowering a lesbian with your penis..
Me: your a girl. And what?! Where'd you read that?
Jesse: i didn't, im a hermaphrodite...
Me: you wish.
Jesse: i do.
* the awkward silence that followed.... My gawd!*

Re: This Padded Cell I Call A School

Post by Guest »

They have a mental condition?
I thought Yamaku doesn't accept students with mental conditions?
AusJake
Location: Sydney; Where the grass is Metaphorically Greener, and I'm Browning it up

Post by AusJake »

Guest wrote:They have a mental condition?
She has a Mental and Physical Condition. She keeps her mental condition in check with those pills she hates so much. *Cough Cough* although sometimes they don't work as well as they should >.>*cough cough*

As for Yamaku not allowing people with mental conditions in,i figured since there's people in there with mental conditions (Eg: Hanako and her anxiety i don't see her scars as a physical disability, sorry guys :| ) i thought it would be alright.

Also, The draft for this was written at like, 4am at which time I was VERY tired, so forgive me for any inaccuracies that might occur, i have my plan set out, and i hope to stick to it as much as possible. :)

Post by Guest »

AusJake wrote:
Guest wrote:They have a mental condition?
She has a Mental and Physical Condition. She keeps her mental condition in check with those pills she hates so much. *Cough Cough* although sometimes they don't work as well as they should >.>*cough cough*

As for Yamaku not allowing people with mental conditions in,i figured since there's people in there with mental conditions (Eg: Hanako and her anxiety i don't see her scars as a physical disability, sorry guys :| ) i thought it would be alright.

Also, The draft for this was written at like, 4am at which time I was VERY tired, so forgive me for any inaccuracies that might occur, i have my plan set out, and i hope to stick to it as much as possible. :)
I have to say, I always find it interesting that people use Hanako as an example of someone with a mental condition, rather than the obviously batshit insane Kenji. :P
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

First ever fanfic and already one of the better ones I've seen here.
You've avoided several pitfalls like explainig the entire life history of your oc in the first chapter and I (at least for now) I don't think she's going to be a Mary Sue.
Can't say much about the storyline yet of course, but having a plan is always good :-)

One thing though: Her brother is called Karen???
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AusJake

Post by AusJake »

Mirage_GSM wrote:One thing though: Her brother is called Karen???
Thanks for the feedback. :D

As for the name.... uh... yea, it is... i should probably explain that one.

Being 4am and tired as all shit, when i was coming up for names for my characters i thought of a character in one of my favorite novel series, The Rangers Apprentice, By Australian Author John Flanagan. In one of the books, an antagonist, hes not necessarily evil, His name was Keren, (i spelt Karen wrong. :oops: ) and he was one of my favorite characters, so i thought I'd throw it in. its not Japanese, but i wasn't really thinking straight at the time :P

i could change it to a proper Japanese name if you prefer. I don't mind.

AusJake

Re: This Padded Cell I Call A School 11/6 Updated

Post by AusJake »

The Plot Thickens... Mwhahaha. ahem. yea.

Part Two: Get out of my head, Bitch

The Taxi Driver places my suitcase on the edge of the footpath as I fish through my purse for the appropriate amount of money. Aha! There you are you-
“Here you go” I Say as I hand him some notes and coins.
“Keep the Change” I think this guy deserves it, after listening to me snore for an hour.
“Much appreciated, Miss” he sounds as tired as I feel. I guess that’s what happens when you’re up this early.

He Nods his goodbye, and gets back into the Taxi. A moment later, he starts the engine and drives off.
I wonder if he suspected anything about me, does he realize why I’m here?

Now that I think about it, the only people that will know anything about me or my “problems” will be the nurse I’m meant to see after classes end, and the Teachers... Actually I think all of the staff was informed of my coming. Probably “for my own safety” as my counsellor would say.

I stretch my stiff arms; I really hate falling asleep in cars. Planes, not so much it seems. It may pass the time but I don’t think the soreness is worth it, in some cases anyway. This being one of them, I guess that’s what I get for waking up at the so early in the god damned morning. I still don’t understand why I couldn’t leave yesterday. I mean, the majority of my clothes are already here, but then again, they have been ever since it was decided I be sent here. That was... just under 2 months ago... Jesus, that’s a long time now I think about it. I haven’t seen them in over a year though. Will I still even fit in them? Oh dear. I don’t think I’ve grown much this past year. I hope.

I start to take in my surroundings, its quiet. It’s still an hour or so before class starts, gives me just enough time to put my stuff in my new room. But I see some students milling about here and there, probably trying to finish the previous weeks’ homework. Heh, Some things never change I guess, high school kids will still be high school kids, no matter where they are. This place doesn’t look too bad; I guess it could be worse now that-

A Familiar stirring in my mind. Oh no you don’t, not today you. I grab my suitcase, and start speed walking towards what looks like the main building, this weight making me limp, just that little bit more, so my speed walk actually is probably a fast waddle. Got to get a pill in me quick, before my day is ruined.

As I enter the main building, I see an attendant holding a piece of paper and a key-chain. He sees me, and smiles.

“you must be Haruka, I’ve been told to give you your timetable, your room key and this map” He pulls another piece of paper, larger then my timetable, out of his coat pocket and places them in my outstretched hand.

“Thanks, uh, where’s my room?” I smile, one of those quick ones, which only last about a second, to show him I’m grateful for his help, and at the same time wanting to move things along.

“I’ll show you, if you’ll follow me please. Oh and would you like me carry your suitcase? It looks a little heavy.” His voice is so polite, I can’t help but accept, otherwise I’ll feel bad.

“Thank you” I bow at the same time. I don’t plan on making any enemies here, I’m here to change, and I will. It’s the little things first Haruka, I tell myself.

The Stirring is getting stronger, almost like an incoming headache, but I know different. I don’t have much time.

The attendant tries to carry the suitcase, grunting just a little with the effort. Hah, not as strong as you think buddy. He smiles, and decides to roll it instead. You can’t blame him for trying.

He leads the way, walking back outside and towards a dorm room, the girls it would seem. As there is the trademark huddle of girls out the front. No doubt gossiping about the most recent events, who kissed who, and whatnot.

I really hope I don’t change that much. There is some thinks I just can’t do, and gossip is one of them.

They spot me as we draw near, and nod once at a time in acknowledgement; I nod back and follow the attendant inside.

“Who was that?”

“Is that the new girl?”

“She was cute”

Seriously girls, I’m not even out of earshot yet, this is turning more and more into a normal school. Shit.

By the time we climb the stairs to the second floor, and get to the door that must be mine, the stirring has turned into light-headedness. I don’t think I’m going to make it.

“This is yours; Welcome to Yamaku, class starts in 40 minutes so no need to rush” Yea, you don’t know the half of it. He leans the suitcase against the wall with a nod, and takes his leave.

I fumble a bit with all the things in my hand, and combined with my eagerness to get inside and my tremble, I end up dropping everything.

Whatever, I’m beyond caring at this point. I pick the key back up, slide it into the hole, turn. *Click*
I nudge the door, it opens. More white?!?!? Argh!
Whatever, pills, need, now.
I pick the suitcase up and take it to the bed. I dump it on the bed and start unzipping at the same time; I probably would have been impressed at any other time. Unzip. Getting dizzy.
Where are the pills? I can’t find them!? I hear a yawn, somewhere in the back of my mind I stop what I’m doing, instantly... Oh no.

“Morning Angel”

Son. Of. A. Bitch!

Ignore, Ignore, Ignore.
“You know that doesn’t work right?”

I Sigh. Defeated already.
There’s no harm in trying.

“Not when there’s no chance of success my dear, then you might as well just give up and accept it.”

Yea? And why would I want to accept you.

“Because you LOVE ME!”

No. Not after what you did.

“You mean what YOU Did. I had no part in it, you know that.”

No, it was your fault; it was all your fault.

“Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night Dearie”

You Gone would help me sleep at night.

“Well we both know that is not going to happen”

Yea, I know. I can still hope though.

I fish through my suitcase and find the buried case of pills.

I pop the lid, take one, put it in my mouth and swallow it dry.

“Once I’m Awake, I only leave when I fall asleep; you’ve known that long enough, so you just wasted that pill.”

There’s no harm in trying.

I walk over to the two pieces of paper in the hallway, pick them up, and close the door. Now, I have some time to kill before class. I finally have a chance to take in my surroundings.
This room is Bland. And white, actually its gray, but that doesn’t change that fact I don’t like it. I have a desk though. Oh and a closet, one of those ones with a mirror on it, cool.

“That’s not cool, it’s plain. Too plain, I hate it.”

And Now I Love it

“Why?”

Because you hate it.

I open the closet to be hit with a Wave of Nostalgia. My Clothes!
I run my hand along the various Shirts, Pants, skirts and dresses hanging up. It’s been too long since I’ve seen these. Too long indeed. Is it weird for me to miss clothing? That’s just a girl thing right?

“Nope, you're Bat-Shit crayzee Girl!”

Not helping...

There’s still a little bit of room left, so I decide to unpack my suitcase, which consists of my entire life for the past 2 months.

3-3....3-3... where in the hell is 3-3??

“the Third room on the third floor, geez, even I knew that”

Don’t even start. This is my new Beginning; you’re NOT going to FUCK it up for me. Not this time. Is that clear?!

“Whatever, this is probably going to be a very boring day, anyway, I might just pop off”

You can’t do that. And anyway, this is going to be the first of many boring days. It’s a little thing called SCHOOL, I know how much you hated school, and this place is probably going to be even worse, seeing as it caters to disabled kids.

“...I hate you.”

I Smile. Victory.

Now where the hell is- Aha! Here we go, 3-3... Oh? Who is this?
“Hello there, I’m Mutou, your Science and Homeroom Teacher, and this is Hisao Na-Niki?”

“Nakai, sir”

“Right, Nakai. This is Hisao Nakai; this is his first day too.”

Oh Really? This Day Just got A lot more interesting.

“He’s kind of Cute”

Shut up.

So, we find that Haruka isn't the average High-school girl. Probably quite the opposite. i didn't research, much, about her Mental condition, (it was 4am. as I've said before) but the kid i met heard voices in his head and had conversations with them (multiple voices for him) so i based Haruka off him. Just the one voice though. but she is quite the bitch.
Last edited by AusJake on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Tip: Don't try to base it on an actual condition - you can only get it wrong with such things.
Think of what you want her condition be like, write down the rules and stick with them. That way nobody can complain.

Oh, and there is a change in there wanting to be a chance :-)

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AusJake

Post by AusJake »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Tip: Don't try to base it on an actual condition - you can only get it wrong with such things.
Think of what you want her condition be like, write down the rules and stick with them. That way nobody can complain.
Thanks for the info. :mrgreen:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Oh, and there is a change in there wanting to be a chance :-)
Please Elaborate? Any help would be more then welcome, and it took me about 30 seconds to understand that statement :D

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

"Not when there's no change of success my dear..."
Sorry, I usually quote stuff like this, but at the moment I only have my tablet and without such conveniences as a mouse or ctrl+c/ctrl+v I'm just too lazy most of the time o_O

Sore wa himitsu desu.
demonix

Post by demonix »

There's a little error in the first chapter I think others have missed.
AusJake wrote:“Look, your sending me to this school for a reason, I’m sure they’ll contact you as soon as something happens, IF, something happens. According to you and all my doctors, Yamaku is the safest place for me, short of a Padded Cell, so you shouldn’t worry so much”
I believe that should be you're and not your.
AusJake

Post by AusJake »

Thanks for pointing those out, I'll get to changing them when I'm back from work... (on an early lunch break, stealing their webs >.> )

Edit:
There is a change in there wanting to be a chance
I JUST saw what you did there!

Fixed the Grammatical errors.

AusJake

Post by AusJake »

This one took a bit longer to write, it's also bigger then the others. and it has a bit too much dialogue, which is the opposite of what i wanted but, meh

Part Three: Takin’ Names, breakin’ Doors and Throwin’ Notes

“And I’m Haruka Uchida, um, I moved here from Hachinohe from up north, um” It’s Official, I hate introductions. “And Thats about it I guess”
I shrug, could’ve gone worse I guess. The students don’t seem very interested anyway.

“...Very well, please welcome your two new Classmates”

The rest of class starts clapping, and we bow. Apparently, the reason I had to come today, and not tomorrow, was one, Hisao Nakai. He would be starting today, and therefore, introducing two new students at the same time is better than one on one day, and the other on the next. And because I had to be here today, and not tomorrow, I woke up at 2 am, took two taxis, and a plane.

I do not like him much so far.

“But like I said earlier, he is cute though, right?”

And Like I said earlier, shut up. I’m not interested in that sort of thing.

“Sure sure, whatever you say. I believe you, you don’t have any interest in him what-so ever. But I do.”

Is that supposed to mean something?

“No-no. Of course not. I’m just informing you of the situation. I would like it if you got to...know him, a little better. If you know what I mean.”

...You haven’t changed a bit.

“Why would I want to change?”

Because you’re a Self-centered, arrogant, Murderous, Psychopathic Bitch.

“Look who’s talking.”

At least I’m trying to change th—

“Pay attention!”

Huh?

“-Michi is right there, Shizune Hakamichi.”

Oops, hopefully he didn’t say anything important.

Hisao starts walking towards one of the two spare seats, in the second row. One is a window seat. I love window seats... just saying. You know.

I start towards it; thankfully Hisao sat in the seat next to the pink-haired girl. Is that Shizune?

I take my seat next to Hisao, and prepare myself to ask him what we’re actually doing since I zoned out there for a bit.

No thanks to you.

“What did I do?”

You-

“Hahahaha~!”

Whoa! What the hell was that?

“That was too loud!”

The pink-haired girl was laughing, loudly, causing the entire class to jump, except for the girl sitting to her right. You’d think she would have taken the worse of it. There’s a distinct chalk line where even the teacher jumped, mid-way through writing something down on the board.

“I’m not Hakamichi, I’m Misha, This is Shicchan, I mean... Shizune”

Hisao Nods, “Nice to meet you, Shizune.”

She doesn’t respond? That’s a bit ru- oh, she’s using Sign Language. She must be deaf then.

“That would explain the Lack of Jump when the Siren wailed...”

...That isn’t a very nice thing to say about her.

“You’re smiling though...”

...That’s not the point.

“Hah!”

“-Lates back and forth for her. I guess you could say I’m her interpreter... She says it’s nice to meet you too!”

Damn it, you keep distracting me; please stop talking until at least lunch or something. I don’t want to miss this.

“Whatever you say, you are the Boss after all...”

“And you must Be Haruka! It’s nice to meet you too!”

“Yea, likewise. And tell Shizune it’s nice to meet her too. ”

I glace at the front of the room, Mutou is staring at us. Why is he staring at us?

“Uhh, the teacher is staring at us.” Is it because we were too loud?

“Oh! thats right. We have work to do! We should probably get to it!”

The three of them start moving their desks around. Apparently it’s going to be group work today. Is that what I missed earlier? They look at me expectantly. What? I look at their desks. They made a square, well with mine it would make a square, the rest of the class has done the same, splitting off into groups of 3-4 except one girl who is sleeping in the front row, and the larger boy in the back corner behind me, he’s sleeping too. Just a bit less...graceful, then the girl in front.

They’re still looking at me...oh; I still haven’t moved my desk.

“Sorry.” I mumble as I move my desk to fill the gap Making a somewhat even square, I’m next to Hisao, and Across from...Misha? Shizune is next to her, and she’s glaring at me. Really bad. Umm, this is... kind of unsettling.

I clear my throat.
“So, what are we meant to be doing? I uh, wasn’t paying attention earlier”

“Wahahahahah~!” what is with this girl?

“She really is a walking siren.”

“Here!” She hands me the worksheet the four of us are meant to work together on, and I glance over it... This looks difficult.

Even with the difficulty, the Four of us managed to complete it a few minutes before everyone else. And with about 10 minutes to spare until lunch, a discussion breaks out.

“So, have you seen much of the school? If you’d Like, Misha and I can give you a tour...wait” Misha Frowns. Then Positively Beams.
“Yep! That’s what we’re going to do! is that alright?”

I nod, Hisao nods, and Shizune Continues Glaring. She has been doing that all lesson. I involuntarily Shiver, she’s going to kill me... she is. There’s no doubt about it. I’m doomed... I’m going to- The lunch bell Rings. I’m Saved! I May live to learn another day. Misha Beckons Hisao and I over from the door...
How did she get there so fast?

“This! Is the Cafeteria!!” ...good God... that echoed. A collective silence falls over the room, and everyone stares at Misha. She doesn’t seem to notice though. Then they all go back to whatever they were doing realizing that it’s just Misha. She must always be this loud.

My stomach Growls. I haven't eaten all day... I guess I should get something then.

“This is your Stomach speaking... I’m Hungryyyyyyyy Feeeeed meeeee”

Very Funny...

We make our way to the line, and I notice the menu is rather large, I feel my hopes rising, I might get some good food- They drop when I notice the meals all have to cater all peoples’ specific needs. I sigh. It’s hospital food. Damn It. I’ve had enough of this stuff to last a lifetime.

Well, that’s my happiness gone. What looks the least un-edible here... hmm.

I Go with Noodles... and they taste bad. Well not bad, just, uninteresting. I’m sitting next to Hisao again; Misha and Shizune seem to stick to each other quite a lot. Then again, one needs the other for speech. Hisao looks as enthusiastic as I do with my food. But the icing on the cake was the grimace he shows when he puts the food in his mouth. He doesn’t like hospital food either it seems. Shizune isn’t even eating. But, she has stopped glaring at me though. So that’s a plus. Misha is, WHAT IN GODS NAME IS SHE...Oh, she’s eating... Wow. Just...wow. She’s like, inhaling the food. Well, not exactly, her mouth closes occasionally to swallow. And hopefully to breath, let alone chew.

“She’s a Walking Siren, AND Food dispenser... it’s amazing!”

Stop it, she was probably just hungry.

“A starving man wouldn’t eat food that fast...”

Within a minute, Misha is through her first dish, and digging into the second.

...you know, you may actually be right, there.

“So! What do you want to know about the school Hicchan?” Her ever cheerful voice only slightly muffled by the large amounts of food in her mouth.

My stomach growls again, I guess I should eat this stuff... or I’ll never hear the end of it. I opt to just listen in, and not look at them. I hope this food gets better the more you eat it.

“Hmm. I wonder...” Hisao seems to contemplate for a moment. “I can’t think of anything really.”

To Misha, this is the best news she has heard Today. As her gasp it almost as loud as her laugh, if that's even possible.

“Thats good right?! That means we’ve been good guides, right!?!”

I don’t mention the fact all she has shown us is the cafeteria. I probably would have, had it been the old me. But I need to try to be nice to people.

“you’ve helped a lot today, thank you” My voice, polite and friendly, Rings in my ears. It doesn’t sound right, for some reason, just a little of.

My thoughts wander to the three people sitting around me, they seem like good guy and girls. It wouldn’t be too bad a thing if I became friends with these three. I mean two. Shizune still has hate radiating off of her every time Misha translates anything I’ve said. I might have to ask her about why she hates me so much someday.

“I agree with- Wait, you called me Hicchan...” I look up. he looks horrified.

“Hahahahaha~! Yep! You look like a Hicchan!”

Hisao Sighs,
“I guess, everyone thinks that for some reason. Anyway, I agree with Haruka, you’ve helped a lot today, Thanks.”

Her smile somehow gets even wider.

“You’re Welcome Hicchan and,” she thinks for a second “Haru-Chan”

My face clouds over... What?

“Ohohoho, what have we here???”

“Please, don’t call me that...” I tried and failed to keep my voice level... damn it, my hands are shaking... more then usual. I need to calm down.

Misha Looks Visibly Hurt,
“Aww, Why not? It suits you...”

Hisao nods,
“It does actually” I Glare at him. He Shuts up. Bastard. He’s just trying to get back at me for not helping him with Hicchan.

“Come on, tell them, tell them why you don’t get called that anymore.”

Stop talking.

“Aww don’t be like that. Just tell them that-“

LASH! ...Don’t!

“...”

“Just... please. Don’t.” my voice is shaky, more so then my hands, and i'm sure i look like a ghost now, a scary ghost it would appear as Misha looks like she’s about to cry. Oh no. Please don’t cry... she just nods and goes back to eating. Shizune looks confused, close to distraught as to what’s going on, she must have seen the look on mine and Mishas’ faces, Misha Mustn’t have sign what happened either. I look over to Hisao.

Hisao is incredibly interested in his food now. I Sigh. It’s my first day and I’ve already screwed up.

“i'm sorry, I just... don’t like people calling me that...”

Misha looks up from her food, she forces a weak smile.
“It’s my fault, I’m the one that-“

“No,” I interrupt “it wasn’t your fault, you had no way of knowing I didn’t like people calling me... Haru-Chan”

Misha nods again, looking at least a little better.

Shizune loses it, poking Misha Hard in the rib, causing her to jump and yelp. Shizune starts signing frantically, and Misha Struggles to keep up. After a minute or so, they stop signing; Shizune and her Glare are back in full force. I mouth the word “sorry” to her, and her eyes narrow...

Silence falls on the four of us.

Before long, but longer then I would have liked, the Bell goes and we begin to head back to class.

Without noticing, I slouch and start to lag behind. If I had pockets, I would have had my hands in them, and then all I needed was the coat, hat, some rain, a streetlamp, oh and it had to be night time.
It would have been the perfect cliché to how I feel right now.

“So... c-can I talk now??”

...If you must.

“Well, I just wanted to say—

*Crash*
I look up from the floor to see Misha Striding into the Classroom with Shizune close behind, and Hisao Looking shocked at them both.

Did Misha just kick the door down, or try to??

My suspicions are confirmed when Hisao inspects the door before walking in. when he does, he reels back a little, then double times it into the room. I move to the door, and inspect it for myself. There’s a crack near one of the hinges... She’s a Battering ram... i walk into the room.

”...Haruka?”

...Yea?

“...I’m Sorry about before, I shouldn’t have-”

Lash... I think we need to find a way to make it up to her.

“...I’ve got an idea”

I’m listening...

I’ve stooped... I never thought I would be throwing notes in class, but here I am,

Hey Misha, I am really really sorry about lunch, and I would like to make it up to you.
If you can think of a way I can, don’t hesitate to let me know, okay?
Haruka.

A little formal but whatever.

I make the piece of paper into a ball and Sigh... Here Goes.

...It hits Hisao in the ear.

“Pfffff HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH”

I Frown.
He picks up the note, and reads it.

He scribbles something on it and throws it back.

“I’m Not Misha. I’m Hisao. But Apology Accepted, you don’t need to do anything though, I understand.”

“AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

I sigh. Writing under Hisaos Writing:

“It was a bad throw, I wasn’t aiming at you. :\ Please pass this on to Misha.
P.S: Sorry.

I throw again. At least it’s on target this time.
Hisao reads it, nods to me, and throws the note to Misha. Hisao is a better throw then me it seems; as it lands right in front of Mishas eyes.
She looks over to Hisao, who shrugs. she unfolds the paper and starts reading.

“Wahahahahah~!”

Mutou turns around after picking the piece of chalk he just broke in half and addresses Misha.
“Miss Mikado, will you please stop doing that? It’s distracting the class”

“...Sorry.”

When Mutou sighs and turns back to the board, Misha starts signing with Shizune. She has a look in her eye I don’t think I like.
After a short while, Shizune turns to me and nods. Oh Dear. I’ve done something wrong. She is plotting my murder as we-

Misha Throws the Note Back; it sails over Hisao and lands on my desk.
...I need to learn how to throw.

“I’m... Dying... I... Cant.... Breathe...”

Ahem!

“Oh, right. Sorry.”

I open the note, and under all the Writing:

“Join the Student Council. ;D”

...What Have I Done?

YEA! Dialogue ! *Goes All Gansta* Eat DAT Shit! *Goes back to normal* hope your enjoying it so far... i know I'm enjoying writing it... the next chapter is pretty much done, but I'll be waiting a day or so to post otherwise it will just be a wall of dialogue, (the next chapter is pretty much mostly dialogue except the end ( couldn't help it, i looked back over it after i finished writing it and was like Shiiiit!)
Last edited by AusJake on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mirage_GSM

Re: This Padded Cell I Call A School Updated 13/6: pt3

Post by Mirage_GSM »

"My thougts wonder to the three people..."

My guess is that her thoughts wander. In the case of this character her thoughts probably could also wonder, but then they should wonder about the three people and not to them :-)

Sore wa himitsu desu.
AusJake

Re: This Padded Cell I Call A School Updated 13/6: pt3

Post by AusJake »

Mirage_GSM wrote:"My thougts wonder to the three people..."

My guess is that her thoughts wander. In the case of this character her thoughts probably could also wonder, but then they should wonder about the three people and not to them :-)
Man, that made me Laugh so hard...

I'll get right on fixing that :P

Edit:
Just thought you should know, it took me three tries to get that sentence right...... 8)