Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Walrusfella

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Walrusfella »

ZXRN wrote: Specially if today's your birthday.
Happy Birthday mate! Mine's in a few days.

First 28 minute run today (week 7 day 3), and also the first time I've reached 5 km. The track was a squishy mire after a rainstorm, but I ran through it anyway, because I'm some sort of runner now I guess.

That was a nice video, NoOne3. Very sportsmanlike thing to do.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

NoOne3 wrote:I felt slightly better about human kind.
Thanks for sharing, that is a good one!
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Tried the week 5 day 1 just for kicks today and...

...what do you know, I did it. Not even tired too (well, not THAT tired).

Since I started this I've lost...I don't know, 5-8kgs? Working on week 5, see how far I'd go (and whether or not I'll be hospitalized by day 3)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Akros

Post by Akros »

W7D2 : http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

Did the 5K in a bit less than 25 min, and felt great just a couple minutes later. I'm pretty busy right now with exams, so I guess the run was like a little break for me, hell, I was actually looking forward to it :D

ZXRN: the extra thing I did was just like a 5 minute run after each session, running non-stop, then I would add a minute every two days or so. Oh yeah, and whenever I've got the chance I try to ride a bike, like when going back home after class.
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

BionicKraken wrote:I want my ankles to stop hurting. They probably would've healed a week ago if I hadn't tried to ignore it. :L
Whoa whoa whoa. Never ignore an injury, no matter how small. As soon as something doesn't feel right you should be cautious and not push yourself. After all you can cause more bad than good thinking you can push yourself to finish it.

Take a few easy days, give your ankles a day or two of rest, then see if the problem persists. If it does give it another day or two and see again. If the problem still occurs consult a doctor.

EDIT: Also apply icy-hots if you have any.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
jmeks23

Post by jmeks23 »

Week 2 done, feelin' great as well! Just bought some minimalist running shoes though and my feet don't like me anymore, but that supposedly goes away after a little while.
zeldas12

Post by zeldas12 »

Finally decided to get off my ass and do this. I'm pretty slim, but it's starting to get to me. Plus, my heart could really use the exercise, hell my whole body and mind could. Saved everything so it's all ready to go. It's 6:13 AM at the moment, so it seems like a good idea to start this in an hour or so. Lucky enough, there's a fairly large park nearby with a huge path going around it. It's not the safest park, but it's the best place to do some running.

I've skimmed through the pages and some of your posts. I'm totally dedicating myself to this.

I won't let you down, Emi!
Last edited by zeldas12 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:W7D2 : http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

Did the 5K in a bit less than 25 min, and felt great just a couple minutes later. I'm pretty busy right now with exams, so I guess the run was like a little break for me, hell, I was actually looking forward to it :D

ZXRN: the extra thing I did was just like a 5 minute run after each session, running non-stop, then I would add a minute every two days or so. Oh yeah, and whenever I've got the chance I try to ride a bike, like when going back home after class.
ooh, yeah, I think I'll try that 5 min. thing then after my session. Not so sure if I can do a 5 min. run w/o stopping but I'll definitely have to try it out. Maybe it'll improve my stamina for week 5.

And thanks for the greeting. Advanced happy b-day as well. (people born in June are awesome!)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Megumeru wrote:Tried the week 5 day 1 just for kicks today and...

Since I started this I've lost...I don't know, 5-8kgs? Working on week 5, see how far I'd go (and whether or not I'll be hospitalized by day 3)
sweet dude. I'll try to catch up with you guys soon. Wait for meeeh.

(yeah...W5D3 is the biggest challenge on that set. Don't you die on me mate!)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
zeldas12

Post by zeldas12 »

ZXRN wrote:
Megumeru wrote:Tried the week 5 day 1 just for kicks today and...

sweet dude. I'll try to catch up with you guys soon. Wait for meeeh.

(yeah...W5D3 is the biggest challenge on that set. Don't you die on me mate!)
Oh man, I've got a long way to go but I hope I can build up my stamina before W5.

Just finished my first day, my body didn't like it at all. The whole time I could feel my body talking to me. When I first started my body was okay with it.

"Well, this is different."

After the third run my body freaked out,.

"WHOA. What the fucks going on?"

4th run was really hard, my body was pretty pissed at me, but I pushed myself and kept going. Heh, I felt like Hisao. My legs started burning, and they felt like lead blocks, but I pushed onward. When I finally finished the 8 runs and walks, I almost collapsed. I never knew I was this out of shape.

Oh and, happy belated birthday!
Akros

Post by Akros »

ZXRN wrote: And thanks for the greeting. Advanced happy b-day as well. (people born in June are awesome!)
Not all of them, my little sis is an example...
oh yeah, I forgot, Happy Birthday ZXRN xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Weekly update:

Another 4.5 lbs. down! I think my weight loss will start to taper off soon - I've lost 13 lbs. in the past 3 weeks for crying out loud! I'm okay with this, though.

Dunno about weekly highlights... everything went pretty smooth. I'm going to switch my weigh-in day from Saturdays to Fridays I think, so this upcoming week might turn out different.

Everyone, keep exercising and doing your best! Even if it's light exercise like what I'm doing, it MAKES A DIFFERENCE! Do your best, and never give up!
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Forgot to do the after-run pushups and situps.
When I realized I had forgotten them I was already showering. But, this is supposed to be a resting day anyway, so I guess it's not that bad.
Babli

Post by Babli »

Week 7 done. First time I ran more than 20 minutes without slowing down my tempo. Its going pretty easy, I guess I start Couch to 10k right after Week 9 if it goes so smoothly like this.
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Can I ask if I cannot find a nearby track to run at, where would be the best place to run? I've heard that running on concrete is not good because you're more likely to be injured but I fear I may have no choice when I come to do this
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)