Bashing a KS basher.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dan_The_Writer

Re: Bashing a KS basher.

Post by Dan_The_Writer »

BionicKraken wrote:The easiest way to deal with these kinds of people online is to . . . well, you know. Ignore it.
No. Just... just no.

Post by Guest »

Dan_The_Writer wrote:
BionicKraken wrote:The easiest way to deal with these kinds of people online is to . . . well, you know. Ignore it.
No. Just... just no.
Afraid so. Trying to understand that level of stupidity is ... well, like trying to give yourself brain damage so you can understand what it's like to think like someone who has brain damage.

Not worth it.

The guy's an idiot, but nothing we can do about that, really.
Dan_The_Writer

Post by Dan_The_Writer »

Well, John Walker himself tweeted my article and It's pretty much blown up. My work here is done.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Dan_The_Writer wrote:Well, John Walker himself tweeted my article and It's pretty much blown up. My work here is done.
So your internet famous? Color me jelly. :cry:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Dan_The_Writer wrote:Well, John Walker himself tweeted my article and It's pretty much blown up. My work here is done.
What did he tweeted? I want to know...curious and all

This is like exchanging guns again--only in a much larger scale
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Dan_The_Writer

Post by Dan_The_Writer »

Megumeru wrote:
What did he tweeted? I want to know...curious and all

This is like exchanging guns again--only in a much larger scale

=D
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Snow_Storm wrote:How much you willing to wager if this game would to brown nose KS and call it "OMG THE BEST GAME EVER! OMG IT'S SO AWESOME!", you guys wouldn't be attacking this man?

Again, I love KS, I really do enjoy this games. Yes, there are flaws, but I can overlook 'em because they flawss doesn't completely and utterly ruin the game. But I am not gonna get all up in arms every time i see a bad review for KS. It's mostly gonna get a "meh" from me.
The easiest way to deal with these kinds of people online is to . . . well, you know. Ignore it.
Most of us here don't have an issue with valid criticism. It's bullshit unfounded criticism that gets our collective goat, especially when the RPS hivemind decides that Walker's review was the next best thing to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's meatball sauce.

As expected, Walker immediately tossed that article into his personal echo chamber to get jerked off. Jeesus.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Who's John Walker? Isn't that just a kind of whiskey?
Not Dead Yet
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Oddball wrote:Who's John Walker? Isn't that just a kind of whiskey?
Maker's Mark is superior anyway. Although my favorite is Jameson.
Dan_The_Writer

Post by Dan_The_Writer »

Oddball wrote:Who's John Walker? Isn't that just a kind of whiskey?
Quoted on my blog. I love you.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I think the problem that this guy is having is that he's reviewing it as if it were an actual video game. It is not. VNs do not have gameplay, they are not video games and should not be treated as such. The fact that some people don't get this at all is mind boggling, like all those people who give awards to Mass Effect.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Guest wrote:
Dan_The_Writer wrote:
No. Just... just no.
Afraid so. Trying to understand that level of stupidity is ... well, like trying to give yourself brain damage so you can understand what it's like to think like someone who has brain damage.

Not worth it.

The guy's an idiot, but nothing we can do about that, really.
^^This.

Why waste your time psychoanalyzing losers on the internet? If the guy wants to hate on KS, then just pity him and move on to something more constructive. i don't know how you can cure his lack of intelligence, empathy, patience, common sense, or whatever else it is that he is missing. When I see people who just don't get KS, I feel bad for them because I know how much they are missing out on. Sucks to be them, but as they say in Japan, shou ga nai -- there is nothing for it. Just be happy that you are not them.
Last edited by ravenlord on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
yummines

Post by yummines »

Relax man, the thing about critics is that whether or not they give valid points, its all opinion.

Video game reviewers fall under this scrutiny a lot. There were tons off pissed off fans in EGM when 1 guy gave zelda: wind waker a 9.5, denying a platinum award. Also someone gave DJMAX Fever a 7.5, even though its arguably the reason i bought a psp (that and hax).

This is why
1) i take all video game reviews with a grain of salt. Halo 3 got a higher score than Super Mario Galaxy. Really, Gamespot?
2) i use Gametrailers for reviews. They tend to be much more in depth and careful with scores

Also keep in mind the visual novel genre is still fairly unfounded in the usa so not many people are aware that its not really a game
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

To the OP ... is this just a way to get your blog out there?? ... peoples opinions differ then yours ... get over it

I say many times on here the I think kana little sister is better ... and most ppl respect that opinion of mine

so instead of throwing him under the bus to make your look good ( and gain internet fame ) ... you should just have a different opinion and leave it at that

Post by Guest »

rydiafan wrote:To the OP ... is this just a way to get your blog out there?? ... peoples opinions differ then yours ... get over it

I say many times on here the I think kana little sister is better ... and most ppl respect that opinion of mine

so instead of throwing him under the bus to make your look good ( and gain internet fame ) ... you should just have a different opinion and leave it at that
People would respect his opinion on KS if it wasn't "man, this is a boring video game" and "I DON'T WANT HAS TO CLICK" repeated fifteen times, with the closest thing to valid criticism being "I don't like how Emi looks so young". (Personally I don't connect Emi, or anyone else in KS, with looking anything like an underage teenager in real life, or even any person at all in real life, but hey, I guess I can see where it comes from.)