A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Enemy |

Re: Music.

Post by Enemy | »

I can see Rin listening to Radiohead
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

All I know is that I desperately want to see Hisao and Hanako singing Queen's "We Are The Champions" in karaoke, dragging Akira and Lilly up onto the stage with them to belt out the chorus.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
lightavers

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by lightavers »

C418-Cat
C418-Sweden
iamsleepless-sunset eyes
iamsleepless-Ciel Etoile
Binärpilot-Song for Tact
Lilly>Emi=Hanako=Rin>Kenji>Shizune>Misha
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Anyone saying Queen songs; I salute you. My favourite band by far. As for the other things I listen to, there's a mix of rock, metal, punk, pop, and OSTs. The split between regular genres and OSTs is about 50-50 lol, I like me some Nobuo Uematsu, among others. As previously mentioned, I am a huge fan of Queen, but I also wave the flag for Van Halen (with Dave Lee Roth, not Sammy Hagar. Yuck), Tenacious D, The Used, Green Day, Avenged Sevenfold, Elvis Presley, Linkin Park, Nirvana... okay, I have to stop there or my list will become too long.

I can see Hanako liking similar things to myself in the sort of rock metal spectrum, Nirvana or The Used in particular. Lilly would definitely be into classical stuff, say the Bond Girl's Orchestra, but aside from that I agree with the previous suggestion of Taylor Swift and similar country things. Rin would be intro the sort of prog rock/psychadelic rock of the sixties and seventies; Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, that sorta thing. Or maybe Tool. Emi I can see with an iPod stacked with the music from the Rocky films, or Chariots of Fire, and similarly inspirational tracks. Misha is definitely a bubblegum pop girl; see circa 2000 Nikki Webster, or other trash like that. Also, anyone talking about Shizune's taste; I have just the song for you. Listen.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

My tastes are pretty varied, but my favourite three bands of all time are Rage Against the Machine, Tool and Gorrilaz.

Girls? Well I've stated them in another thread before, but I can't remember much so I'll see how much my views of them may have changed.

Misha is definitely a pop girl. I wouldn't say the stupid Lady Gaga crap pop. More like One Direction crap pop.
Emi is either an RnB girl or... For some reason I want to say Harddance.
Lilly is most certainly a Jazz and classical girl in my eyes. I could see (lol) liking Taylor Swift but I would think Misha would more of a hardcore kind of fan for those sort of artists.
Rin, everyone is spot on. Stuff like The Doors, Pink Floyd, etc. Maybe some trance or electronic music in there as well.
Hanako would be waaaaay too timid for loud music, unless she knew for sure she could be on her own. Probably some slow calm music. I'm ashamed I don't know of any.
Akira ('cos can't have Misha without the other side character) would be into more Jazz. And swing. Lots of it.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Jakeschulz

Post by Jakeschulz »

when he sings "Whispered goodbye as she got on a plane
Never to return again
But always in my heart" its a bit like when LIlly goes to the airport.
Wander

Post by Wander »

Last.fm says Devin Townsend, Anathema, Tori Amos, Porcupine Tree and Mostly Autumn are my 5 most listened artists. Lately I've been into soundtrack stuff, Ulver, Dominique A and other things..

As for the game characters, it's mostly speculation to which I don't have much to add, but I'll say a couple of things:
Hanako would be waaaaay too timid for loud music, unless she knew for sure she could be on her own. Probably some slow calm music. I'm ashamed I don't know of any.
I would tend to agree with this. I find it weird that some people would think she'd listen to metal unless they're joking. It doesn't fit. I'm not saying you have to be an extrovert to listen to metal, cause I'm an introvert and used to listen to quite a bit, but the thing is, I've known enough girls in my life to know that very few really listen to metal. And with Hanako, there's no evidence to support metal listening habits.

I don't know what you were thinking about when you say slow calm music, but that makes me think of dream pop à la
Seems reasonable to me.

Realistically speaking, Japan tends to have sort of its own music scene of which I don't know much about. Stylistically naming Western bands works ok though.
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

here's another one :
Smashing Pumpkins - For Martha
Youtube :
The vocalist, Bill Courgan dedicated this song for his deceased mother. Somehow, the lyrics remind me about KS......(i must admit, this maybe fit Hisao)
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

My tastes are very ecclectic. Just about the only music I can't get into is a lot of pop and rap. Otherwise, I listen to just about anything.

A lot of bands I would list as favorites though are somewhere under the prog genre. Dream Theater, Symphony X, Rush, Kansas, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Queensryche.

I also like black metal such as Dimmu Borgir.

Other such bands as Eluvietie are good as well.

As for the girls:
Lilly: Jazz, Classical, maybe even some Prog.
Hanako: Prog Rock, Prog Metal.
Emi: Pop.
Rin: Some off the wall stuff, maybe trance or techno, some obscure, unusual stuff.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

This topic has come up before here, but I'll repeat what I said back then.

Lilly is into classical music, smooth calming stuff. She also likes a bit of jazz and bebop, but doesn't like to admit it.

Hanako doesn't like calm and soothing music. She's more of a rocker and wants her music to make her feel something. Depending on her mood she'll either favor sad songs that make her cry or faster paced more upbeat stuff that makes her get up and dance. (She does NOT want anybody to know she likes to dance to her music.)

Rin has yet to really find any music she likes, although she'll listen to about anything. Most of her "music" collection is just those location sounds recordings, you know, things like Beach Sounds, Forrest at Night, things like that.

Emi and Misha are both into pop. Emi is quicker to jump onto he bandwagon of whatever is popular though while Misha tends to find favorite artists and stick with them longer.

Kenji is into metal, hard rap, and anything really loud and in your face. He refuses to listen to anything with a lead female singer or anything that he thinks sounds like a female singer.

Shziune does not listen to music, but has a radio and several band posters on her wall just to mess with people.
Not Dead Yet
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I listen to a wide variety of songs, but my favourite type of music would have to be melodic death metal, since my favourite band is from that genre, Darkest Hour. Other than that I listen to a wide variety of other music, mostly focusing on metalcore and J-Rock. Thrown into my listening pot is almost everything from orchestral to techno. Come to think of it, Everyone around here seems to be the same kind of music lover as well ._.

I don't like rap. In fact there is only one song that is like rap that I actually approve of, Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Have a Nice Dream!, a.k.a, Death the Kid's theme song. Other than that, I can't stand the stuff.

I can listen to Hip-Hop, but it's not really my scene.

As for the girls, I agree that Lilly would probably like smooth music, and Rin would like mindfuck music. But I actually don't think Hanako would be much into metal, or Emi much into jump around happy music. I personally think Hanako would be more into the softer rock music, like All-American Rejects and the like. And Emi, I'm not sure but her listening to Hip-Hop just doesn't seem to fit in with my image of her.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Wander wrote:Devin Townsend
Wander rules.
... Danger.
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Hanako

Lilly

Emi

Shizune

Yes, yes, I'm a terrible person, I know.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

HarvestmanMan wrote:Hanako

Lilly

Emi

Shizune

Yes, yes, I'm a terrible person, I know.
You forgot one for Emi
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Snow_Storm wrote: You forgot one for Emi
Funny, I was expecting to see this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!