Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mysterycycle

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by mysterycycle »

Just popping in briefly to say that I'm still onboard with the plan, and can't wait to start running again, but that pain in my knee turned out to be a sprained medial collateral ligament, at least as near as my internet-aided amateur diagnosis goes. Haven't seen a doctor yet, but I should be doing that soon (wish Emi could just take me down to see Nurse :D ); in the meantime I've gotten a sports knee brace and I'm taking the occasional ibuprofen to keep the swelling down. I'm walking with a limp right now, and after four hours on my feet at work, it's usually pretty sore, so I don't think I should be trying to run right now. It's frustrating.

But I haven't given up.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

gRaViJa wrote:Today my exams are over and it raining non-stop. Whyyyyyyyyy?
Come on, that little rain is no real hindrance for a workout routine. A softshell jacket is your friend.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

dunkelfalke wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:Today my exams are over and it raining non-stop. Whyyyyyyyyy?
Come on, that little rain is no real hindrance for a workout routine. A softshell jacket is your friend.
It was a real torrent rain, some areas even flooded here :p weather seems better now, so tomorrow i'll restart running and this evening i'll start doing push-ups again.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Walked about 4 miles today, and got a 45 minute swim in. I feel good. But, I'm sad that I will have to postpone exercise tomorrow - I have to drive due to massive time constraints, and I have to work super early on Wednesday morning so I don't think I'll have time for my evening walk either. Oh well, I could probably use a break day. That, and I'll be walking at 3:30am on Wednesday to get to work. =D
Megumeru wrote:screw week 5.
No harm in postponing the week, bro. Your body's gotta work up to it, so it takes some extra time sometimes. Just keep at it.
mysterycycle wrote:I haven't given up.
Dude, I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Just be real careful with it, try not to strain it any more than it is, and keep it on ice. Hopefully you'll be able to pull through it in short order!
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Akros

Post by Akros »

W7D1 Done, feeling the Runner's High, all right! xD
anyway, I'm starting exams next week so I'll have to delay week 8 a couple of days or so, but I hope to get done with the program by the end of the month, and then in July I'll give another go to the push-ups challenge and start with cycling :D
oh yeah, almost all the fat in my legs is gone now, I just need the one in my belly to leave asap xD

mysterycicle just go check with a doctor, let's hope it's not something serious, Emi is waiting for you to join her once again :D
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

you're getting there Akros! I just started training again. tomorrow first run in 8 days or so.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge
Akros

Post by Akros »

gRaViJa wrote:you're getting there Akros! I just started training again. tomorrow first run in 8 days or so.
thanks xD
I might even take out my DDR mat if I have the time during the summer
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

mysterycycle wrote:Just popping in briefly to say that I'm still onboard with the plan, and can't wait to start running again, but that pain in my knee turned out to be a sprained medial collateral ligament, at least as near as my internet-aided amateur diagnosis goes. Haven't seen a doctor yet, but I should be doing that soon (wish Emi could just take me down to see Nurse :D ); in the meantime I've gotten a sports knee brace and I'm taking the occasional ibuprofen to keep the swelling down. I'm walking with a limp right now, and after four hours on my feet at work, it's usually pretty sore, so I don't think I should be trying to run right now. It's frustrating.

But I haven't given up.
damn straight mate, you msut never give up. But whatever that injury is, it sounds painful...science terms always make everything sound painful for some reason...

@akros: I think it was Megumeru then. I'm just glad someone's still on week 4 so I don't feel too left out. You guys are progressing much faster now after all.
(and I still dunno the secret to your more than 21 min. of non-stop running)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Akros

Post by Akros »

@ZXRN I'll let you on a secret, I might not have run much till now, but I'm a soccer/football referee so keeping up with the runs wasn't as tough for me as it might have been for you :mrgreen:
oh and the first 3-4 weeks I always did some extra time to get ready for the real deal : p
Still, in most games I don't have to run much, so that's why I'm kind of out of shape
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

ZXRN wrote:
damn straight mate, you msut never give up. But whatever that injury is, it sounds painful...science terms always make everything sound painful for some reason...

@akros: I think it was Megumeru then. I'm just glad someone's still on week 4 so I don't feel too left out. You guys are progressing much faster now after all.
(and I still dunno the secret to your more than 21 min. of non-stop running)
Yeah, I restarted week 4 after running out of breath in week 5 day 1. Seriously pissed me off somehow...

I was a rugby player in high school, but that was two years ago. Since college and university I hardly spent my time outside running/exercising and--I do admit--I gained some weight (maybe 'some' isn't an accurate depiction but meh). It's nice doing this thing again aside from spending my time inside by the computer writing/reading and stuff...life needs balance, you know?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Akros wrote:@ZXRN I'll let you on a secret, I might not have run much till now, but I'm a soccer/football referee so keeping up with the runs wasn't as tough for me as it might have been for you :mrgreen:
oh and the first 3-4 weeks I always did some extra time to get ready for the real deal : p
Still, in most games I don't have to run much, so that's why I'm kind of out of shape
haha you cheat! anyways, I wanna know what those things you did in your extra time. So I can get ready for the real deal as well.
Megumeru wrote: Yeah, I restarted week 4 after running out of breath in week 5 day 1. Seriously pissed me off somehow...

I was a rugby player in high school, but that was two years ago. Since college and university I hardly spent my time outside running/exercising and--I do admit--I gained some weight (maybe 'some' isn't an accurate depiction but meh). It's nice doing this thing again aside from spending my time inside by the computer writing/reading and stuff...life needs balance, you know?

I feel ya brotha. This balance thing made me lose a big belly so i'm proud of what i'm doing here. It's still soft and squishy but i'm happy when people I know tells me i'm getting thin.

I too am pissed off at this amazing pain suddenly appearing at the lower right of my stomach. (i dunno if it's the kidney or appendix. I ain't good at science.) I was in the middle of the 5 min. run when it appeared so I thought maybe it'll pass at some point and kept going...But it hurt even more when I sped up a little. It's like the closer I get to the goal the damn thing got worse.

It's gone now, so I hope it's gone for good.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

treadmill isn't working again
messing with wires didn't work, neither did kicking it hard
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Enemy | wrote:treadmill isn't working again
messing with wires didn't work, neither did kicking it hard
Have you tried rubbing lemons...?

OOOOooooohhh....
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
jmeks23

Post by jmeks23 »

ZXRN wrote: I too am pissed off at this amazing pain suddenly appearing at the lower right of my stomach. (i dunno if it's the kidney or appendix. I ain't good at science.) I was in the middle of the 5 min. run when it appeared so I thought maybe it'll pass at some point and kept going...But it hurt even more when I sped up a little. It's like the closer I get to the goal the damn thing got worse.

Sounds like typical stomach/side cramps from running. They suck badly and often last a few days IME. Though I'm not doctor and if you feel it's worse then try a doctor.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

jmeks23 wrote:
ZXRN wrote: I too am pissed off at this amazing pain suddenly appearing at the lower right of my stomach. (i dunno if it's the kidney or appendix. I ain't good at science.) I was in the middle of the 5 min. run when it appeared so I thought maybe it'll pass at some point and kept going...But it hurt even more when I sped up a little. It's like the closer I get to the goal the damn thing got worse.

Sounds like typical stomach/side cramps from running. They suck badly and often last a few days IME. Though I'm not doctor and if you feel it's worse then try a doctor.
Yup, it just happens sometimes and it really sucks (it's not dangerous or anything). You should certainly not drink any sodas/fizzy drinks before runnign because that can cause those side cramps.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!

100 push-up challenge