Music that makes you think of KS

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Gandara

Re: Music that makes you think of KS

Post by Gandara »

ravenlord wrote:I heard a few people mention that "KS is Twilight" for guys.
This would be accurate... if Twilight had a good story, interesting characters, or was anything besides a Mary Sue of Stephenie Meyer.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Wander

Post by Wander »

I didn't really understand what they meant until I saw this:

Too much cheese.
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

I didn't really understand what they meant until I saw this:

I heard the opening piano notes and saw the font an just closed that tab. Nope. I'm not at that level yet.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
~Shultz

Post by ~Shultz »

I haven't find music that reminds me the game in general. Only Hanako's path

Well, there's a problem: not everyone knows about KS or lurked enough on the internet to find this. My IRL friends don't know about KS, but they know about Twilight, so KS didn't went to the mainstream media yet (as far as I know). That argument is kinda stupid to me
The name is /V/ice~
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I like Supercell. When I listen to their songs it just reminded me of KS.

For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXyhNfKnoOs
It comes with an English lyric, rest assured.

Then it just came up in my head [PING! Emi going on a date with Hisao and doing all the stuff] and I just smile.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Revvy

Music.

Post by Revvy »

Basically, We discuss what music we are in to and what music we think the KS characters would enjoy listening to

Me, I prefer Metal, bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Slayer and so on, Prog Metal is great too, especially Dream Theater :-)

When it comes to KS Characters, I see Hanako and think she would enjoy listening to a bit of Metal/Rock too

Lilly, I would imagine liking country or slow rock like Taylor Swift

I can't really think of anymore right now, but thats why I made the topic, to see what others think :)
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Gandara

Re: Music.

Post by Gandara »

Revvy wrote:Lilly, I would imagine liking country or slow rock like Taylor Swift
Ugh... as much as it pains me to say, I'm inclined to agree. It's possible to fix women, right? Like... repair a broken sense of taste in music?

I like all sorts of stuff, in phases. I'll have a "black metal" phase, then transition into a "techno / trance" phase. Currently I am in a "KS Soundtrack" phase...

I'm not kidding, I've listened to the soundtrack an unhealthy number of times over the past two weeks.

As for the girls... Emi's absolutely a pop girl. I could see her head-bobbing to some radio idol all day. Rin would probably be into new-age melodic stuff, but she'd always fall asleep listening to it.

Shizune's favorite music would be...

Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Gandara wrote:
Revvy wrote:Lilly, I would imagine liking country or slow rock like Taylor Swift
Ugh... as much as it pains me to say, I'm inclined to agree. It's possible to fix women, right? Like... repair a broken sense of taste in music?
I think so, I got a girl who was into Rap and Dubstep (eww) to be heavily fixed on Thrash Metal and actually went to a few gigs and she was moshing like a woman possessed
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Hmm, I'm a fan of hip-hop, rap, jazz, RnB, some rock, and orchestral music. I use to like metal and the such but I kinda grew out of that after high school and mellow out.
For those who don't visit the sheet music topic, I am also an violinist and pianist as well as a on again/off again composer and remixer.

Currently, I am listening to Brain Mcknight's new infamous song. Oh god, it's fucking troll of year.

As for the girls...hmmm

Lilly - Classical and jazz.
Shizune - I could imagine her listening to alternate, gangsta rap, death metal due to her aggressive behavior if she had hearing.
Rin - Stoner music (shit like Sumblime, some of Pink Floyd's tripper music, etc.). She also seem like she would be into ska.
Emi - Pop, hip hop, RnB
Hanako - Metal (Just imagine the quiet, shy girl doing growls and screaming along to bands like say As I Lay Dying or Slipknot in her dorm room) or gangsta rap.
~Shultz

Post by ~Shultz »

Well, I listen mostly Metal. I mostly listen to progressive metal. Favorite band is Opeth, or Dream Theater. Can't decide which one. Also I listen to Atheist, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Fates Warning and O.S.I. on the Progressive Metal. Progressive Rock, I listen a little, things like Chroma Key, Focus, Neal Morse or Pink Floyd. I also listen to stuff that isn't progressive, like The Unguided, Sonic Syndicate, Nightwish (until 2005), Tarja, Arch Enemy, Deeds of Flesh, Cain's Offering, Stratovarius, Suffocation and Rammstein...

And for the girls...

Lilly: Blues and Jazz
Rin: Perhaps experimental music
Emi: Underground pop or J-Rock
Hanako: Viking Metal, Folk Metal, Power Metal or Progressive Metal. Perhaps Death Metal too
Shizune: lololololololololololol
The name is /V/ice~
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

My waifu listens to the exact same music that I do, no matter what.
yummines

Post by yummines »

I like mainly Chillout music, as well as some trance/goa music, a small amount of alternative rock, and some hip-hop. i do listen to a lot of video game music, however, as well as a lot korean and japanese music. highlights include Nujabes, Toro Y Moi ,Humming Urban Stereo , Tokimonsta, and the Toradora! Ost.

Rin: stuff that is either very chill or psychedelic. im guessing artists such as Gold Panda or Air

Hanako: im not sure, but maybe some somber music, like alternative rock. possibly stuff like The Strokes or maybe some more peaceful stuff like Telepopmusik

Lily: well i would say something obvious like Classical or Jazz but maybe something like Tom Jones would work as well haha

Emi: well probably something really pop sounding, like Humming Urban Stereo. however, maybe something like some dance or techno music, like songs from Jake Kaufman

Shizune: this of course
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

For me, after know their background, i try linking with some songs like :

Rin : Avenged Sevenfold - Seize the day
Lilly : Smashing Pumpkins - Beautiful
Emi : Queen - The show must go on
Hanako : OASIS - Stop crying your heart out
Shizune : Good Charlotte - Where would be now
Hisao : Noel Gallagher - Stop the clocks
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

~Shultz wrote:Dream Theater. Pink Floyd. Suffocation. Rammstein.
You're all right, Shultz. You're all right.

I'm all about really bleak post-punky Gothy stuff, dronal, doomy, sludgy metal, clangy, "throwing-shit-at-metal" industrial, Nineties hip-hop, textures, soundscapes, feedback, djenty, progressive guitar stuff, power electronics, classic country, piano stuff, silence, Godawful noises... I dunno, I dig it all.

I picture Rin digging Merzbow or the Swans.
Lilly steals Akira's jazz records. Charles Mingus and whatnot.
Emi's music is rubbish, it's garbage.
Hanako probably has OK Computer on repeat all day, every day.
Misha? "Tip Drill." Hahah.
... Danger.