Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Akros

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Akros »

I ain't no doctor, but why don't you try consulting with a sports therapist?
Oh yeah, and don't take any pain killers unless there's no way to handle with the pain, those kind of drugs are no good. :\
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Sk3tch wrote:So tell me, what wacky or scary event have you had while running?
This wasn't scary, just unexpected. Last week I got hit on by a couple of slightly sozzled younger women while I was getting ready to leave the track. They were cooing over how nice my motorcycle was and asking me to give them rides on it. That sort of thing doesn't happen often and I've never actually learned how to smoothly deal with it; I don't usually run with my wedding ring on, and I really wished I had it. I explained that the pillion seat belonged to my wife and she would not be best pleased if I started giving girls rides. Their interest visibly evaporated as soon as I mentioned her, and the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

Other than that, I've mostly met nice and/or normal people while running. Even the stoners that hang out by the bleachers sometimes are relatively polite, so I guess I won't snatch thier stuff and scarper. :)
ZXRN wrote:edit: thanks again for the the music walrusfella. I don't know how the heck did I not see this when I first downloaded the game but this is awesome. (it's even got artbooks I can draw!)
No problem, happy to be of service. You're going to feel great when you nail that 21 minute run.
Gandara wrote:I've not been jogging or doing anything strenuous the past several days, mostly out of concern for my own well being. Any ideas / suggestions as to my pained limbs?
I'm sorry to hear about that. :( The knee pain I had earlier on in the programme I just ran through, but that's probably not the best method. It went away when I had to rest my shins for a week. I did get a couple of gel ice packs at the drug store that have a sort of stretchy velcro strap that they slot into and you can bind them to your knees; those things have been a godsend. They were a bit expensive for what they are, however (C$8.00 each).
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

@Gandara: I'd focus on swimming more the next week or so. Swimming is really good if you have any painfull mucles or knee/ankle pains.

I had to promise Emi i go running and doing a push-up session tomorrow because i kinda slacked of during the past 4 or so days. I'll get back on my routine asap!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I did week 6 day 3 this evening, my first 25 minute run. I clobbered it this time - 4.4 km, 11 laps of the track and there was more in there if I wanted to push it. It was really reassuring to have such a good run after struggling to the end of 21 minutes on week 5 day 3. In week 1 I strained to run one lap.

I also weighed myself today; I've lost 14 pounds since I started this. Onward!
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Walrusfella wrote:I did week 6 day 3 this evening, my first 25 minute run. I clobbered it this time - 4.4 km, 11 laps of the track and there was more in there if I wanted to push it. It was really reassuring to have such a good run after struggling to the end of 21 minutes on week 5 day 3. In week 1 I strained to run one lap.

I also weighed myself today; I've lost 14 pounds since I started this. Onward!
I commented on your stuff on Fitocracy, but what the hey, I'll reiterate it here - awesome job dude! Grats on the weight loss too.

Emi's Couch to 5k works, it really works!
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

back to runnin again. Got a whole lot slower but i'm just happy this pain thing is gone.

wanted to ask, do you guys feel a little pain at the start of your run? Coz I always seem to feel like my joints are...i dunno getting pulled or something. (It's kinda irritating at the start...)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

The first minute i sometimes have slight pains too, but they should fade quickly. If not, you should warm-up longer :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
SirLadette

Post by SirLadette »

ZXRN wrote: wanted to ask, do you guys feel a little pain at the start of your run? Coz I always seem to feel like my joints are...i dunno getting pulled or something. (It's kinda irritating at the start...)
I always feel a kind of numb pain the first few minutes when I do strenuous exercise of any kind. It sucks but it always goes away soon enough. Like gRaViJa said it might be a good idea to warm up a bit longer, of course I still get that annoying numbness regardless of how much I warm up so it might be something you just have to deal with.

Maybe i'll try this Emi thing, I really don't want to come up with my own routine and the girlfriend is more or less demanding that I get in shape. Evil woman.
Ship all the characters!

Reppin' Team Misha, all day ere-day.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

ZXRN wrote:back to runnin again. Got a whole lot slower but i'm just happy this pain thing is gone.

wanted to ask, do you guys feel a little pain at the start of your run? Coz I always seem to feel like my joints are...i dunno getting pulled or something. (It's kinda irritating at the start...)
warm up mate, warm up.

I'm done with week four. Next week is five and I believe I'll collapse by the time I reach the third day...but we'll see
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I MIGHT have fixed the treadmill. Won't get my hopes up though. If it still refuses to work, guess I'll have to brute-force it. Won't be able to job though, but it'd be like walking a very steep street, I guess.
jmeks23

Post by jmeks23 »

Just completed Week 1 today. Sort of rough since I'm out of shape but it's been good.

Gandara, I see you're in Milwaukee as well! Pretty small world I guess. We should run once you start doing that!
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Treadmill worked :D
And I felt a little rusty because I didn't run/walk yesterday. So I'm gonna keep running/walking (in a lesser pace) on the weekend so that W2 goes by well.
Babli

Post by Babli »

Anyway, I was curious, who actually made that Couch to 5k with Emi? Seeing that its working for everyone, I´d love to know.
Akros

Post by Akros »

Ok, so I did W6D3 this evening and nailed it : P
4.8Km or so ( according to google maps) in 25 min, so yeah, progress is definitely there
Also my right leg hurt towards the end a bit, but the pain is not there anymore :D
Keep going everyone!
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
jmeks23

Post by jmeks23 »

Babli wrote:Anyway, I was curious, who actually made that Couch to 5k with Emi? Seeing that its working for everyone, I´d love to know.
I'm not sure if it was just the OP who made the Emi part (with the charts and such) but the couch to 5k program has roots elsewhere, there's a few websites with that information. Namely http://www.c25k.com/ and http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml