Sadness in one word

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MajorasAnguish

Sadness in one word

Post by MajorasAnguish »

Well, sadness is a very abstract concept at times. I mean, I absolutely love KS but the game has wrecked me emotionally and made me depressed at certain points (The void I felt after finishing Lily's arc T_T). Anyways, that's my definition: void. Oh and for all you Mother 3 fans out there, I bet this will make you sad and somber. It worked on me and all of my friends: Hinawa. How about you guys?
ImageImage
Pickman's Model

Re: Sadness in one word

Post by Pickman's Model »

I'd already been diagnosed with depression when I first played the game, and it honestly cheered me up a bit.

What's this "void" you're talking about?
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Pickman's Model wrote:What's this "void" you're talking about?
Happened to me too, it's basically the feeling you get when you end something you really really liked. I was very immersed in the story and then... it ended. A feeling that kinda makes you wish for more.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I felt that way with Portal 2. I ended this game with Rin, so I just kinda felt sad that it was over, but I didn't feel even close to as down as I did after Portal 2.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Realization. Mostly because the VN was finally ending. That, and I didn't know a game (if you could even call it that) could make me have so many feels.
yummines

Post by yummines »

MajorasAnguish wrote:Hinawa
Screw you man. Only Itoi would puposely let you name the whole family so the 2 deaths are that more tragic.
Also: The Franklin Badge deflected the devestating lightning!
Moto 11

Post by Moto 11 »

I got a little sad when i finished all the story lines but it made me realize that all good things must come to an end and i learned an important life lesson from every girl in the game
God Above All
zeldas12

Post by zeldas12 »

Enemy | wrote:
Pickman's Model wrote:What's this "void" you're talking about?
Happened to me too, it's basically the feeling you get when you end something you really really liked. I was very immersed in the story and then... it ended. A feeling that kinda makes you wish for more.
ShadeHaven wrote:Realization. Mostly because the VN was finally ending. That, and I didn't know a game (if you could even call it that) could make me have so many feels.
Pretty much sums it up for me. Playing this VN, I got more and more immersed into the story, and I grew a connection with the characters. When it all ended, I felt sad because it was finally over.

The characters in Katawa Shoujo, especially Hanako and Lilly, will always have a special place in my heart. Even for years to come.