Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheSongofRaven

Re: Ask!

Post by TheSongofRaven »

Erthel wrote:
Aura wrote:
turbulentDuvet wrote: Who was it that first put Hisao in a sweater vest?
Moekki
Why so much hate?
But i think Hisao is more cool using hoody jacket :P Funny when see hisao mocked by Shizune's dad about his sweater vest >.<
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Burned_And_Scarred

Post by Burned_And_Scarred »

Why is there no ending for misha or miki?
Finished paths (in order): Hanako - Lilly - Emi
Unfinished paths: Shizune - Rin
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Burned_And_Scarred wrote:Why is there no ending for misha or miki?
An excellent question... that has been answered a thousand and one times before. Actually that's probably a very modest estimate. Anyway, they weren't part of the original Raita sketch.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Also, does it violate the copyright thingo for me to print out one single copy of my fic (personally, of course; no publishers or what-have-you), for sentimental reasons? I'd very much like to have it as a keepsake, so to speak. The reason I ask is that it is, effectively, a derivative work.
Cheers, BlackWaltz.
Of course it doesn't violate the license in any way. Personal use of your own (derivative) work.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Did you guys ever think KS would inspire this many people?? ( The Emi 5k exercise program for example )
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

lolawesome wrote:I played Hanako's route again and something really bugs me about the antique shop owner

The part where they were in town together when Lilly is un Scotland

Hisao seem to observe that the shop owner stares at her then turns away when he first sees her

And Hisao notices him open the curtain and looked at her when they left

Hisao is a little ticked at him thinking he's staring at her like a circus freak

But my over active imagination has him recognizing who she is

I know I'm wrong but whats his deal?
I think your imagination might just indeed be overactive, but who knows, who knows...
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:In one of the CGs in Hanako's route, specifically the one which depicts Hanako's empty seat in the classroom, why is it that the other three people in the shot (Naomi, Shizune and Takashi) have no eyes? Frankly, it's scaring the shit outta me.

Also, does it violate the copyright thingo for me to print out one single copy of my fic (personally, of course; no publishers or what-have-you), for sentimental reasons? I'd very much like to have it as a keepsake, so to speak. The reason I ask is that it is, effectively, a derivative work.
Cheers, BlackWaltz.
3-3 students are creepy as fuck.

Printing a copy of a fanfic doesn't violate copyright any more than writing it in the first place.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

rydiafan wrote:Did you guys ever think KS would inspire this many people?? ( The Emi 5k exercise program for example )
We didn't think it would inspire anyone at all. We thought we were making a fairly straightforward romance VN.
Corpoal_Custard

Post by Corpoal_Custard »

Here we are, 120 pages since this first started.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but were the girls all completely original or were they based off of people you know in real-life?

Also, and I don't know if this has been asked either,did Rin commit suicide after the end of her path?
Can you face your fears?

Completion: 100%
Rin = Shizune = Emi = Hanako = Lilly = Misha
All these girls have a special place in my heart.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Corpoal_Custard wrote:Here we are, 120 pages since this first started.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but were the girls all completely original or were they based off of people you know in real-life?

Also, and I don't know if this has been asked either,did Rin commit suicide after the end of her path?

Hanako was totally fictional, however I can't say that I wasn't influenced by people that I knew.

I think I pretty much had an avatar of each of the girls in my head. When I was writing I would put them in the situation of the start of the scene, and then pretty much just write what I saw.

Then I decided to scrap that path and go with a planned path, which was much more predictable and less prone to anger.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
blueberry_Waffle

Post by blueberry_Waffle »

A question to all the devs who worked on KS;

There has obviously been an overwhelming positive response from people with this game, and for all the right reasons. Most of you have spent ~5 years of your life on this project, slaving many hours during your free time for it to come to completion, and none of you were professionals in your given area. This, coupled with the fact that 21 people from literally around the world managed to pull off a VN of this caliber when most others would fail is unparalleled (to my knowledge). I think it would be safe to say the outcome of this project was better than everyone expected.

Factoring these thoughts in(correct me if I have assumed too much), would you say that this is one of your greatest achievements (if not the greatest) in your life?

As always, Thanks for an amazing read
zeldas12

Post by zeldas12 »

To the devs:

So, with Katawa Shoujo being out for nearly 5 months, do you have any future plans? Seeing as this took 5 years to make and the VN being out for only 5 months now, I wouldn't except anything anytime soon. But even any thoughts about a sequel, featuring Hisao and the original characters? I pondered the thought of it for awhile one day, maybe leading off from the endings of the characters, with the ability to choose which character to begin with (for example, if I wanted to continue from where Lilly's ending left off). Again, I highly doubt this has been thought of, or if it's ever going to happen, just a thought that I ponder about.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

@zeldas:
Has been thougt of, asked about and answered many times in the past.
Is also addressed in the FAQ.

No, there won't be any sequel.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Novangel

Post by Novangel »

Just wanted to know if you guys knew about this, I backed it initially but retracted my backing after I found out about the CC license attached to KS. Isn't it illegal?
Couldn't find this on search.
9:23 PM - Shempo: Murder by penile stabbings
9:24 PM - Novangel: hmm
9:24 PM - Novangel: would it be murder if the victim enjoys it?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

blueberry_Waffle wrote:A question to all the devs who worked on KS;

There has obviously been an overwhelming positive response from people with this game, and for all the right reasons. Most of you have spent ~5 years of your life on this project, slaving many hours during your free time for it to come to completion, and none of you were professionals in your given area. This, coupled with the fact that 21 people from literally around the world managed to pull off a VN of this caliber when most others would fail is unparalleled (to my knowledge). I think it would be safe to say the outcome of this project was better than everyone expected.

Factoring these thoughts in(correct me if I have assumed too much), would you say that this is one of your greatest achievements (if not the greatest) in your life?

As always, Thanks for an amazing read
It's a hard to argue that KS isn't one of the greatest achievements or whatever, but I don't really feel I've achieved something great by making it. Essentially: sure, maybe, but I don't think it matters much. Too blasé?