Chinese Cartoon Perversion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pickman's Model

Chinese Cartoon Perversion

Post by Pickman's Model »

Title's a joke... if you hadn't figured out already.

Judging by what I've seen on this forum, a lot of people got really emotionally invested in the game's characters; I've even seen outright declarations of love.

Personally, I've never had an actual cartoon/anime/game/whatever "crush", so it all seems a bit far out (woooah, duuuude!) to me.

Since it seems most people (whom I consider intelligent, well-adjusted, sane individuals) have had crushes like that, maybe I am the abnormal one. That's why I want you to tell me about your cartoon/anime/game/whatever crushes - I want to understand.

If your first fictional (I'm tired of writing that other stuff) crush was one of the KS girls, I would really appreciate a full description of how/when/why you fell in love with her, since it'd be quite the credit to 4LS if it was their writing which made you a 2D-luvva.
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
ravenlord

Re: Chinese Cartoon Perversion

Post by ravenlord »

inb4 locked :P

Just google "2d vs 3d girls". You could write a PhD thesis with all of the material that is out there about it.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
~Shultz

Post by ~Shultz »

ravenlord wrote:inb4 locked :P

Just google "2d vs 3d girls". You could write a PhD thesis with all of the material that is out there about it.
>First result of my search

Oh god I lol'd
The name is /V/ice~
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Sailor Moon was the first cartoon character to make me excited in my pantalones.

I've seen it described here in other posts better, but I'll try my hand at swinging this: when you play something like Katawa Shoujo, you are putting yourself in the protagonist's shoes. In the case of KS, you engage in an interactive story that is dedicated to one of the five girls, and you partake in that girl's story. Emotions are specifically designed to be drawn upon, inflicted and nurtured, but ultimately the story must come to a close. You say "goodbye" to that person with whom you've cultured a (albeit imaginary) relationship. Some people can't handle something like that, so they begin weaving more story in their imagination to more or less "continue" the story.

Typically this is the point in which someone is crushing on a character. It's not uncommon at all - think about the Twilight series (God, I'm bringing this up as an example again?!). How many pre-teen / teen / middle aged girls are there that imagine themselves in the role of Belle (the protagonist) and fantasize about hunky sexy time with Edward or Whatshisface? It's the same style of escapism, and can still be classified as a "crush", but ultimately it's a continuation of the story within the audience member's imagination. This leads to good merchandise sales, which makes big Hollywood happy. But I digress.

You may have played pretend as a child - you see a war movie in the theater, or a television show about cowboys and indians Native Americans, and before you know it you're running around outside with your friends with a stick pretending you're the baddest Ranger to walk the plains (multi-reference ftw). It's the same type of thing. Of course, you usually outgrow this, but imaginary waifus seem to defy time and reason.

It could simply be a matter of loneliness, as well. But I hardly need to go into detail about that. However, the level some people take it to is... distressing. I won't ostracize anyone here, but there's a level of dedication that can get downright weird. And that goes for anything - waifus or otherwise.

All in all, it's not terribly abnormal for you to never have crushed on a fantasy character - it either means you've got a good grasp on reality, or you have no imagination. I'm willing to bet the former.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

How rude. I feel there's merit for discussion here.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Gandara wrote:
How rude. I feel there's merit for discussion here.
i quite agree. i want to see where this goes.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

I guess it depends on a person's personality. However, I feel it's no different to having a celebrity crush either. And MANY people have those. Of course they can say that the celebrity is a real person. But is that real person who they come to admire? Most of the cases, no. Instead, they come to admire a character portrayed by said celebrity. Here, we come to admire a character that isn't portrayed by a real person. There's no "right" or "wrong" when it comes to this kinda thing. Different strokes for different folks.
Pickman's Model wrote:That's why I want you to tell me about your cartoon/anime/game/whatever crushes - I want to understand.

If your first fictional (I'm tired of writing that other stuff) crush was one of the KS girls, I would really appreciate a full description of how/when/why you fell in love with her, since it'd be quite the credit to 4LS if it was their writing which made you a 2D-luvva.
As much as I like Lilly and Hanako from KS, it was Sumika from MuvLuv that put me in the category of people who have a "2D crush". She is a highly misunderstood character (by most of the MuvLuv fanbase, that is, not in the story itself), and someone who tries to do whatever she can to show her love for her childhood friend who she has grown to be rather infatuated with. And I just know how that feels.

Of course, at the same time, I fully understand that she's not real, so I'm not going to go building a shrine for her or something. :lol: Still, something like a dakimakura wouldn't hurt. ;)
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

Gandara wrote:All in all, it's not terribly abnormal for you to never have crushed on a fantasy character - it either means you've got a good grasp on reality, or you have no imagination. I'm willing to bet the former.
I do consider myself a stone-cold realist, but I'm sure it's also partially down to the fact that I'm partially asexual/partially homosexual (never met a fellow fag I didn't despise, so never gonna find a partner), and pretty much all homosexual characters in any media are horrid stereotypes you just wanna strangle.

Maybe if I liked VAGINA, everything would be easier.
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
yummines

Post by yummines »

Oh i can say i like a character and/or wish they were real, but not have a crush on them.

Its not that i have a string grip on reality, id say its ok. Its mainly i cannot feel love for something that isnt physically there. Its simply not possible.

I really like Rin Tezuka, Eve (Black Cat), and Taiga (Toradora!) but i wouldnt say i had a crush on any of them
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I personally don't really have a crush on any of the characters, but rather I'm attracted to the Idea of the character. I think i'd be attracted to the real life representations of these characters. Not that they need to have a disability to be attractive. I guess i'm one of those few that while knowing very well of Lilly's motherly nature and white lies, still finds her personalty appealing. So I'd say that I'm attracted to what Lilly represents more than her, although shes pretty darn hot for an anime character.

And the only reason I didn't choose Rin over Lilly was because as much as I would want a relationship to work with someone like her, in the back of my mind I know damn well it wouldn't. Regrettable.
Last edited by ShadeHaven on Tue May 29, 2012 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
crushinator

Post by crushinator »

Pickman's Model wrote: I would really appreciate a full description of how/when/why you fell in love with her, since it'd be quite the credit to 4LS if it was their writing which made you a 2D-luvva.
It's hard to pinpoint exactly when I decided I liked Rin more than any other fictional character I've come across.

I think the how and why are pretty much the same question when it comes to this, I mean 'how' is pretty obvious.

As for why, I think it's a lot to do with the immersion that KS and the perfection of the world it creates. I'm not saying the KS world is perfect, but having relationships with 5 attractive girls accessible through the clicking of buttons goes a long way.

Why Rin specifically? I'd have to say her free-spiritedness, weirdness and carefree attitude to conversation all contribute.

As a side note, I find it an odd feeling that Rin's creator is so "nearby" when I post on these forums. It's almost like I'm stealing something that someone has put a thought and work into.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

yummines wrote:Oh i can say i like a character and/or wish they were real, but not have a crush on them.

Its not that i have a string grip on reality, id say its ok. Its mainly i cannot feel love for something that isnt physically there. Its simply not possible.

I really like Rin Tezuka, Eve (Black Cat), and Taiga (Toradora!) but i wouldnt say i had a crush on any of them
i definately have a crush on Rin <3.<3
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

I think i grown out of it but when i was younger there was fan pics of rydia ( Final Fantasy 4 ) that drove me wild lol ( im a perv )

I think if i was 15 years younger i would have a shrine to Shizune

I also wanna say with the tone of the game it's hard to think of the girls in a sexual way ... it almost feels creepy
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Don't be dissing on my waifu

/joke post, carry on
Akros

Post by Akros »

Dude, how can you have a crush on a fictional character? I get you might like it a lot, but I mean, wanting to marry it or something like that is going to far.
I would definetly fall for a girl LIKE Hanako or Lilly, but not for a cartoon.

Some have started this way, and now they've ended up fucking their pillows with an anime cover on it. That's just taking it way to far...
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P