Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ZXRN

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by ZXRN »

As expected, week 4 will be quite the challenge for me. If it goes well in the next 2 days, I shall continue to week 5. If it doesn't...I think i'll be stuck with this week for a while til' I get used to it. My knees hurt but I still feel like I wanna go run again. (I hope this runner's high thing stays forever in my system)

quick question: where can I download some KS background music? It'd be nice to hear some when I'm drawing or relaxing at home.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I think you can download the entire OST for free on the main website.
5 km run: 27m48. Not véry fast, but it's 30°C + here so i couldn't go faster and i shouldn't either with these temperatures :p
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

ZXRN wrote:As expected, week 4 will be quite the challenge for me. If it goes well in the next 2 days, I shall continue to week 5. If it doesn't...I think i'll be stuck with this week for a while til' I get used to it. My knees hurt but I still feel like I wanna go run again. (I hope this runner's high thing stays forever in my system)

quick question: where can I download some KS background music? It'd be nice to hear some when I'm drawing or relaxing at home.
There's no shame in repeating a week; I repeated week four because I had to rest an injury. That said, if you can actually run the times I'd recommend going on to the next week and repeating that if you have problems there. Only repeat a week if you can't run for the times listed. Good luck!

The soundtrack download link is right here. It's got everything, even the FMV music.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Akros

Post by Akros »

Ok, W6D1 down, so 'Another one bites the dust...', and I'm still hanging in there. There's sure been a changed since I started no doubt about that :D

Oh, and Babli thanks for the mix (yet again) :mrgreen: , not gonna say I'll do one this time, cause everytime I say it I end up forgetting or running out of time : P
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

you should put this on one of the mixes :D
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

ZXRN wrote:As expected, week 4 will be quite the challenge for me. If it goes well in the next 2 days, I shall continue to week 5. If it doesn't...I think i'll be stuck with this week for a while til' I get used to it. My knees hurt but I still feel like I wanna go run again. (I hope this runner's high thing stays forever in my system)
My condolences. I somehow bruised my knee over the weekend, and while I was able to run fine on Monday, it's been hurting pretty bad since then, so I'm probably gonna need to postpone W3D1 until Friday. I hate missing days, but at least that tells me I'm not going to lose my desire to do it.

I keep thinking of Emi in the wheelchair...
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

Next up for me is W2D2. My ankles aren't exactly hurt, but every now and then I get a slight twinge of pain from a certain angle. I imagine it's just my body protesting from a sudden interest in exercising (on the beach, no less) on top of being on my feet 8 hours a day at a new job. I already had to take a several day break because I was sick and had chest pain; hopefully I don't need to again. I'm more than willing to soldier through it if it means not being so tired after work in the future, though. Haha. I've also found that stretching during my break does wonders.
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.

Post by Guest »

Up to W3D2 today, I missed W2D3 by completely forgetting due to an assignment, so W3D1 was a hurdle :v:
Novangel

Post by Novangel »

^ Oops that was my post, but yeah I recommend noone miss any day as the next day can rather be a bitch.
9:23 PM - Shempo: Murder by penile stabbings
9:24 PM - Novangel: hmm
9:24 PM - Novangel: would it be murder if the victim enjoys it?
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

BionicKraken wrote:W2D2
Oh awesome, you and I are on the same day. I guess now the two of us are accountability partners. You better make sure i don't slack off ;)
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
BionicKraken

Post by BionicKraken »

As long as you don't mind running every other day. I don't take longer breaks. :P
I suggest you join the Fitocracy group, though. They're really good at unintentionally guilt tripping you into working harder.
Much love to the Emi workout thread for kickstarting many positive changes in both my life and my mindset.
Tempester

Post by Tempester »

mysterycycle wrote:I somehow bruised my knee over the weekend, and while I was able to run fine on Monday, it's been hurting pretty bad since then, so I'm probably gonna need to postpone W3D1 until Friday. I hate missing days, but at least that tells me I'm not going to lose my desire to do it.

I keep thinking of Emi in the wheelchair...
Nothing wrong with taking a break for one week. It's a great way to let your legs recover from minor strain and injuries, and whatever muscle you lose is negligible. I just took a one week break and I'm doing better than before as a result.
Mmm, crispy!

My avatar is from Muv-Luv.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

My legs and knees were giving me a hell of a time today. I haven't been particularly stressful on them over the holiday weekend - I took a major break on Saturday, as I had to attend a funeral and just didn't feel up to doing much else - only walked about a mile that day. Sunday was my heavy day, involving pumping weights, swimming and walking. Monday was pretty light, just an evening walk, and today for whatever reason my dogs were barkin'.

I think it might be my shoes... I don't exactly have a lot of money, so as such I bought some rather cheap-o running shoes, and I'm quite sure the inserts in them are garbage. I'm gonna stop at the store tomorrow and see if I can buy some arch supporting inserts for less than a million dollars (realistically, if they're more than $20 I can't afford 'em. :( ).
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Havin' a harder time of it at the moment, on the exercise front. I started some work 3 weeks ago, which involves standing up for 8 hours a day on the shop floor, and also requires me to walk 2 miles total to and from work. While I'm sure this is good for me, it's tiring me out. Most days when I get home, I range from "tired" to "I'm just gonna lie down and sleep forever now". What's particularly annoying is that when I'm feeling like that, doing 200+ pushups just feels like the last thing in the world I want to do, and I'm getting tired halfway through my very first set.
However, I've been eating healthily so far, and I've reckoned that perhaps with a bit of unhealthy energy food, I might perk up a bit (I apologise for writing basically the polar opposite of what you guys are doing. My body is weird.) and I'm aiming to buy some chocolate bars this evening, with the hopes that eating one a day at lunch time as my obligatory medicine might perk me up a bit and give me some more energy during the day.

That being said, I did my pushups yesterday, 20/20/24/24/20/20/22/50+ turned into 20/20/24/24/20/20/22/40. However, it was as much an exercise in bloody-mindedness as it was for my arms. Especially the last set, which hurt like crazy from the very first pushup. Here's hoping to improvements on Thursday!
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Gandara wrote:I think it might be my shoes... I don't exactly have a lot of money, so as such I bought some rather cheap-o running shoes, and I'm quite sure the inserts in them are garbage. I'm gonna stop at the store tomorrow and see if I can buy some arch supporting inserts for less than a million dollars (realistically, if they're more than $20 I can't afford 'em. :( ).
Don't. Seriously. All those supporting inserts are just making all the small the feet muscles lazy and lead to injury in long term. You'd better be off with running shoes that don't support but rather emulate barefoot walking/running. For paved ground that would be something like Nike Free, for soft ground Merrell Trail Glove. And really, you shouldn't run for now, but if you insist, go to a forrest where the ground is soft and only run uphill or straight, never downhill. Still, I think Nordic Walking would be a much better sport for now. Even I don't run yet and I've lost 115 lbs already.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me