Which ending did you feel hurt the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xiious

Re: Which ending did you feel hurt the most?

Post by Xiious »

So far, Hanako's bad ending hit me hardest. I'm sortof a real life whiteknight, and sometimes i can be really stupid. So naturally, i went ahead, with no walkthrough, and tried to do my best for Hanako. what i got was a slap to the face and a life lesson for reality :/
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

Xiious wrote:what i got was a slap to the face and a life lesson for reality :/
But isn't that one of the most beautiful things about Katawa Shoujo? :P
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Xiious wrote:So far, Hanako's bad ending hit me hardest. I'm sortof a real life whiteknight, and sometimes i can be really stupid. So naturally, i went ahead, with no walkthrough, and tried to do my best for Hanako. what i got was a slap to the face and a life lesson for reality :/
ouch. I think I kinda did that with Rin too. prolly why that ending hurt me the most. I totally misunderstood what she wanted in life.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Scissors110 wrote:
i suppose so, but it still made me rethink how i deal with things in the real world
ZXRN wrote:
Xiious wrote:So far, Hanako's bad ending hit me hardest. I'm sortof a real life whiteknight, and sometimes i can be really stupid. So naturally, i went ahead, with no walkthrough, and tried to do my best for Hanako. what i got was a slap to the face and a life lesson for reality :/
ouch. I think I kinda did that with Rin too. prolly why that ending hurt me the most. I totally misunderstood what she wanted in life.
i flipped out for a few days, realizing just how bad i had messed up explained also, how bad i had messed up in one real life situation. :( after that i did my best on the other route's. i tried my absolute best to try for a good ending by myself with all the characters before i consulted a walkthrough. although being the whiteknight cost me again in shizune's route. Although that time i was kindof asking for it...

i find myself happy to say i had Rin's good ending first try! although for a while i seriously had thought i had gotten a bad ending :/
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Xiious wrote:
Scissors110 wrote:
i suppose so, but it still made me rethink how i deal with things in the real world
ZXRN wrote:
i flipped out for a few days, realizing just how bad i had messed up explained also, how bad i had messed up in one real life situation. :( after that i did my best on the other route's. i tried my absolute best to try for a good ending by myself with all the characters before i consulted a walkthrough. although being the whiteknight cost me again in shizune's route. Although that time i was kindof asking for it...

i find myself happy to say i had Rin's good ending first try! although for a while i seriously had thought i had gotten a bad ending :/
Awesome stuff dood. I mean, Rin's choices were kinda hard for me so I'm impressed. I feel happy for Emi the most coz I didn't bug her that much and it ended in a good way. Well, let's see how the others will go. Next stop Lilly! (hopefully I get something good...and not feel sad for days if i do get a bad one.)
B[]xhead123

Post by B[]xhead123 »

ZXRN wrote:
Enemy | wrote:
ZXRN wrote:By the way, I'm confused abt something. Can ya guys explain to me what Rin's biggest problem is? Coz, in the neutral, she wanted to be understood right? Then she has to go to Tokyo to change and become an artist that she wants to be. So why does she need to change if she only wants to be understood?

I'm just really confused abt that part. All I know is that in the good ending She decided to be herself. And that's good.

The answer would be much appreciated.
You basically get the neutral ending by encouraging her to be someone else, doing something she doesn't want to. She doesn't really know what she wants or what she is, so she decides this is what she'll do. At least that's how I see it.
Sad. Guess I failed her then. It really is my fault T_T
not at least 2 times, i still ended up having a bad and neutral ending... it was horrible man...

i guess im not very good with understanding complicated people... (because mainly, i really dont understand her that much...)
AdventSign

Post by AdventSign »

Hanako's bad end...the artwork and dialogue fit the scene perfectly and gives it so much emotion...
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

not at least 2 times, i still ended up having a bad and neutral ending... it was horrible man...

i guess im not very good with understanding complicated people... (because mainly, i really dont understand her that much...)
Can't really blame you there. I felt the same way you do. In my case however, when I finally feel like I kinda understand what she wants, turns out, she doesn't want it. Pretty much screwed that part up.

The good ending was completely worth it though.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Emi's, because of personal reasons.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

gRaViJa wrote:Emi's, because of personal reasons.
:evil:

I feel you. Way too much.

*KNUX*
... Danger.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

haha, I'd actually wanna show my appreciation to Emi as much as you guys do coz I liked her the most and all but...I was happy for her so I can't. (not on this thread anyways.)
arc7angel

Post by arc7angel »

All of Rin's Route, but ironically the "Good" hit me harder than "Bad", while "Neutral" hit the hardest.
Honestly, Rin's Good route showed that my choices - "supporting" her to go draw at the gallery - leads to destroy herself, ultimately to see her collapse; then she tells me all she wanted was to be herself. I mean, I love Rin - but it felt like I had misunderstood every last intention until she says it. That hit harder than me simply leaving after being unable to understand without seeing her collapse, run away, and then get yelled at by the art teacher, just like I got angry at her.
However, the neutral was the worst - after everything, I still couldn't understand her.
ok23

Post by ok23 »

it is definitely rin's neutral ending

I know now what having my heart ripped out feels like
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I was usually more affected by the climax than the catharsis or the epilogue.

Still, looking back I'm pretty sure Rin's endings were the most disturbing. There's a sense of not knowing in them that leaves you feeling a bit hollow unlike the other ends - good and bad - that were much more final. So, with the other characters you had a more concrete understanding of their potential fates, but, with Rin, you can't be sure how things would play out in the future.
Joeshmoelb

Post by Joeshmoelb »

Helbereth wrote:I was usually more affected by the climax than the catharsis or the epilogue.

Still, looking back I'm pretty sure Rin's endings were the most disturbing. There's a sense of not knowing in them that leaves you feeling a bit hollow unlike the other ends - good and bad - that were much more final. So, with the other characters you had a more concrete understanding of their potential fates, but, with Rin, you can't be sure how things would play out in the future.
^This, her bad ending and her good ending where both quite different, but there was something about her neutral ending that set itself apart from all the other endings. Most of them showed pretty clear signs of what went wrong, or where things would change in the future, but Rin's neutral was just the opposite, you knew she would never connect with another person in the rest of her life, all because of Hisao. Not sure i'd be able to handle knowing I had done that sort of thing to another person.