What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Which storyline should I complete next?

Post by Megumeru »

I'd say...Emi.

Then Rin for the heavy-finale. After you went through all the feels, run Shizune's.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
MasterJHG

Re: Bad Endings Before the Good?

Post by MasterJHG »

personally i get Hanako's neutral ending first...'cause I don't have the flow chart, I was good because I feel better when I can made to the good one (yeah I screwed in the phonecall scene), i think is best to leave the good endings for last, you feel better when you get them...belive me (except for Shizune, i rather like see a thing like Hisao "conforting" Misha more often, and of curse a break-up, than a simplily forever alone Shizune...)

Lily may not have a bad ending at all...well her neutral really feels like a bad one, but I think a bad ending for must be something like Hisao looking for her, in simple day and then realize that she left....forever....now i think of it, is better than this actually not happen, that shuold get me very depresed

if she needs a prince, then I will be that prince
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Really hard to say. All I can tell you is what I did and let you draw your own conclusions.

Emi was my first path, and for the most part, I loved the experience. I'm about to play through it a second time after I finish my second go-through with Hanako, to remind myself of all the reasons I fell in love with Emi.

I did Shizune's path second-to-last because her personality seemed so unlike mine that I figured I might not empathize as much with her plot as I did with the others. I was proven more correct than I thought I would be; I lost interest halfway through and had to push myself to complete it, but it must be said that Shizune strikes a chord with some of the folks here (why, hello, Megumeru), and she may do the same for you.

I ended up choosing Rin's path for the last one, because I had absolutely no preconceived notions about what a relationship with her would be like. I noticed a lot of people chose Rin's path as their favorite, though, so I was kind of going with the "save the best for last" notion as well. In the end, I think her path hurt the most to experience. Your Mileage May Vary.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Scissors110

Post by Scissors110 »

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago asking people if I should use walkthroughs to get all of the bad endings out of the way before the good. In the end, I decided to just make the decisions as I would make them, and I've been enjoying the experience SO much more than I would have if I just read what to choose. My opinion, don't use flowcharts, make the decisions yourself. As for who you should go for next, Shizune's route seemed a bit longer than the other ones to me, if that matters. The order I did them in was Lilly, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, and I still have to tackle Rin's arc. So far, I like Lilly's the most, with Emi's taking second place. Shizune and Hanako are kind of a toss up for me. Like a previous poster said, really expect the unexpected when it comes to judging characters!
100% Game Completion!
Character: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Shizune>Rin
Story: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Titus

Post by Titus »

I went with Rin last, thinking I wouldn't give a crap about her or the story. Oh, how I was pants-on-head dumb and absolutely wrong...

I recommend Rin last, it's the best going away party from KS :wink:
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
NoPurposeNaji

Emotions - Where to proceed from now?

Post by NoPurposeNaji »

Hey guys! ^_^

So far, i've played both great endings for Emi and Lily , respectively. I've yet to play the others and painfully know the bad endings that came about for Emi and Lily.
Since i've been so emotionally invested in just these two, i was wondering which girls i should pursue (not what it sounds like...) next? I've been told that Hanako and Rin have really tragic ends (or at least the path to get there), and i just don't think i want to do that being fresh off of 2 amazing endings. Any ideas?

EDIT :- In line with the topic, i'd like to ask how each of you proceeded once you finished an Arc. Each is wonderfully told, and i have no doubt you'd all have been affected in some way or the other. Share your stories! :D
Last edited by NoPurposeNaji on Sun May 27, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
uzl

Re: Emotions - Where to proceed from now?

Post by uzl »

Everyone gets the feels, but if I were you, I'd go through all the bad endings first and then complete all the good endings so you HOPEFULLY become happy from the good ending feels.
horizon

Post by horizon »

You could take a break and come back to KS later. There's no reason to rush from one arc to the next.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Yeah no need to rush -- there are only 5 routes and no sequel -- so take your time and enjoy each one individually and savor each like a literal love affair :)

Also, convert those feels into something constructive IRL. New hobbies, new goals, something like that. By associating KS with something new and pleasant, you can really leverage that feeling and do some good things for yourself at the same time too!
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Anyone who'd give you advice in this would be incredibly biased, to be honest. Everyone has their favorites, and they'd try to push those to you.
Go with what you feel like at the time. All routes have a bit of "sad" and a bit of "happy".
yummines

Post by yummines »

Rin is the only character in this game to have both 2 bad ends and a bittersweet good end

JS
NoPurposeNaji

Post by NoPurposeNaji »

ravenlord wrote:Yeah no need to rush -- there are only 5 routes and no sequel -- so take your time and enjoy each one individually and savor each like a literal love affair :)

Also, convert those feels into something constructive IRL. New hobbies, new goals, something like that. By associating KS with something new and pleasant, you can really leverage that feeling and do some good things for yourself at the same time too!
Cheers for that :)
I'm actually thinking of giving up KS, period.
Not that you'd be particularly interested to know, but i felt drawn to Lily from the moment I reached at her point in Act 1. Emi was also pretty interesting, and both their respective arcs were very fullfilling. To me, Hanako is someone i feel pity for more than compassion, Shizune just seems very off-putting and Rin seems like someone who'd never appreciate Hisao outside of her own abstract little world. Of course, to see everyone so strongly affected by them means they must be written amazingly well, But i guess i have what i came for...

Rant over :)
horizon

Post by horizon »

NoPurposeNaji wrote:To me, Hanako is someone i feel pity for more than compassion
That's definitely not a good attitude to have when playing her route. OTOH, playing through it would probably change your views for better.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I'd say save Hanako for last. I think her route is a nice way to end KS.
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

ShadeHaven wrote:I'd say save Hanako for last. I think her route is a nice way to end KS.
I am totally biased and I agree.

I personally am not pursuing any other path, I want to and maybe in time I will but for now I am happy with just playing Hanako's path. <3

It's really up to you. I think if your happy with the experiences so far then there's no need to carry on but if you want to see the other paths then definitely go for it. I think you'd have to disconnect yourself from the other paths as if you never played them or something...I dunno. I just personally prefer to connect to a character and not just forget them like they are nothing. Hehe ^^
Image Kaede <3