Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dr. Robotnik

Re: Other Media that gave you "The Feels."

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

It may seem silly out of context, but it gets me every time.
Alpha Morlock wrote: the ending of Blade Runner
Snatcher's was even feeler. Speaking of Snatcher, Harry's death was heartwrenching, especially when you find out that Gillian's his father.

EDIT: There were quite a few mentions of Toy Story 3, but no one mentioned 2? Really? Fine, here you go.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

For me is :

1. Assassin's Creed : Revelation novel adaptation. (Somehow i feel deeply more about Ezio's lifetime)
2. Butterfly Effect (the storyline and conflict give more feels from)
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion (yeah this anime give more feels at any aspect, especially the ending movie)
4. OASIS song like Sunday Morning Call, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, I am Outta Time.....
5. It's silly but when i play Dead Space 2, Isaac's personality is more complex than i thought
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

TheSongofRaven wrote:
1. Assassin's Creed : Revelation novel adaptation. (Somehow i feel deeply more about Ezio's lifetime)
You really should play the games instead. They're just overall better presented. Oliver Bowden isn't a very good writer. Though I must say, I didn't feel much in Revelations (maybe except for a few points like "Requiescat in pace, Altair.") compared to Assassin's Creed II (novel equivalent: Renaissance). Oh, the feels in that one. (And basically anything to do with Cristina. Oh, damn. :cry:)
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

acewing905 wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
You really should play the games instead. They're just overall better presented. Oliver Bowden isn't a very good writer. Though I must say, I didn't feel much in Revelations (maybe except for a few points like "Requiescat in pace, Altair.") compared to Assassin's Creed II (novel equivalent: Renaissance). Oh, the feels in that one. (And basically anything to do with Cristina. Oh, damn. :cry:)
Nah, i don't have decent PC spec. All i have just a laptop :) But through the novel, i can imagine how ezio actions like in game :) Honestly, but really i don't have decent PC after all so i can't play the game mate hehe
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

TheSongofRaven wrote:
Nah, i don't have decent PC spec. All i have just a laptop :) But through the novel, i can imagine how ezio actions like in game :) Honestly, but really i don't have decent PC after all so i can't play the game mate hehe
Oh. :( No console either?
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

acewing905 wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
Oh. :( No console either?
No either. I am not rich gamer or something. All i do to satisfy myself is only read the novel adaptation or kind of that. But, at least my laptop is good enough play some "oldies" game and visual novel and also used for study not only playing :) . Anyway we seem gonna out of topic ha ha. So, for you what other media gave you "The Feels ?"
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

TheSongofRaven wrote:
No either. I am not rich gamer or something. All i do to satisfy myself is only read the novel adaptation or kind of that. But, at least my laptop is good enough play some "oldies" game and visual novel and also used for study not only playing :) . Anyway we seem gonna out of topic ha ha. So, for you what other media gave you "The Feels ?"
Talking of feels AND Assassin's Creed, THIS trailer gave me some good feels. :D
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

acewing905 wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
Talking of feels AND Assassin's Creed, THIS trailer gave me some good feels. :D
I watch that. Nice trailer by the way :D
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Oh good lord, I just finished The Desolate Hope.

The game plays like an OCD JRPG player's wet dream, and the whole thing has a strong undercurrent of feels. The environments and musical score are carefully calibrated to create a sense of overwhelming loneliness; for example, a sidescrolling portion where you travel across the planet's empty surface, looking for old dolls and clocks. You don't see anything but a silhouette of you and the rocky terrain, and the next planet over rising on the horizon, all while the game's theme song plays. The four main characters besides the protagonists are artificial intelligences that each exhibit a unique brand of crazy that are all incredibly hopeless and obsessive and refreshingly different than the usual 'oh im a robot i kill humans herp derp'.

You control a lowly video game processor who is given the impossible task of keeping the abandoned space station running as supplies dwindle and a virus ravages the infrastructure. You spend the whole game wondering which AI you'll have to euthanize first. Then it gets even better. :(

It's not exactly Kafka, but there's definitely something here. It only takes about as long as one KS path to complete, and the game is pretty much designed to be replayed endlessly by the kind of player who likes to do no-leveling runs of Chrono Trigger. It's worth a shot.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
yummines

Post by yummines »

This manga just hits too close to home
i really want to just give that girl a hug. so badly.
~Shultz

Post by ~Shultz »

I only played two VNs in my entire life: True Love and Katawa Shoujo

True Love gave me the feels, actually. But it didn't hit so hard like KS did...

There's also this book called "What Comes Next" by John Katzenbach. I don't know why, I think I was really into that book that I felt like I was part of it...
The name is /V/ice~
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Silent Hill Shattered Memories OST - Acceptance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkajjogjGu0
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

jmeks23

Post by jmeks23 »

For some reason the game Catherine gave me the feels for a little while. That was probably the most recent prior to KS.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

I just finished one path in Homeward, another VN made with RenPy.

I took Sora's path first, since I couldn't help notice how damn cute and beautiful she was. Yeah....the feels are definitely there....especially though the last few scenes. Though it didn't hit me as hard as KS did, it was still a stab in the chest. Riku's father is forcing him to leave the country with him again. Sora has to live with her mother again. And if that didn't twist the knife hard enough, he comes back because he finds out that Sora is getting married. He tells her that he is proud of her, which is good. I'm not sure I would have been able to see her again, if it was me....to know that all chances are now gone and out the door. To know that she is laying down with some other man. Some would call it a good ending, which it probably is all in all. I call it a.....less than neutral ending.

So its now about 15 minutes after finishing her path, and I just got my eyes to stop from tearing up.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

I don't really game as much as I used to, never really got "feels" from movies, books get to me every once in a while, but it's music that never ceases to nail straight to the heart.

The last record I'd listened to that ruined my life in a good way? This one. Music doesn't need lyrics to paint a picture and caress your soul.
... Danger.