Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Akros

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Akros »

Sk3tch wrote:"Fitocracy is incompatible with this iPod Touch"

Huh, well there went that idea.
Can i run it on my computer or something?
yes, it's a website, if it won't work in an ipod maybe it's because it's using a version of flash player or javascript not supported by it, who knows, I don't own one.
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I like this fitocracy thing, joined as well :D
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

gRaViJa wrote:Good luck with the 21 minutes. It really did felt as an accomplishment for me too AND it went easier then i hoped. So Ganbate Kudasai! (ok, i sound like a weeaboo now)
Thanks! I didn't know what that meant, but I got the context.

I went for a little run this evening. I left my home as an ordinary man. I returned in shining glory as "He Who Can Run for One-Score-and-One Minutes Without Stopping for a Breather". Well, perhaps that overstates it a bit. But it does feel pretty good. :)

It was difficult, however. In the last five minutes or so time itself seemed to congeal around me into one painful, endless instant. Willpower and fear of failure were the only things still lashing me forward; my body had given out. One thing's for certain, though: if I can get through it, you guys running on Friday can. Ganbate Kudasai.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Akros wrote:
Sk3tch wrote:"Fitocracy is incompatible with this iPod Touch"

Huh, well there went that idea.
Can i run it on my computer or something?
yes, it's a website, if it won't work in an ipod maybe it's because it's using a version of flash player or javascript not supported by it, who knows, I don't own one.
It's probably because my iPod is like 3 years old and Apple stops updating older models so you have to upgrade. Sigh
Walrusfella wrote:
"He Who Can Run for One-Score-and-One Minutes Without Stopping for a Breather"
I am going to use that in a conversation one day. Mark my words, by the power vested in me these words shall be uttered from my lips upon the ears of common men
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Walrusfella wrote:I went for a little run this evening. I left my home as an ordinary man. I returned in shining glory as "He Who Can Run for One-Score-and-One Minutes Without Stopping for a Breather". Well, perhaps that overstates it a bit. But it does feel pretty good. :)
Nice work :D

Also, to the new people who are joining FItocracy, feel free to look me up in the KS group and add me :D
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

I am (kind of) happy to say that I'm done with week 3! :D
Unfortunately as much as I wanna go forward with week 4, I dunno if I can hang on. Not to mention week 5.
Coz I pant heavily after 3 min.

Though, I'm still proud a little bit of myself coz even though my jogging partner failed to run with me today, I managed to get rid of my shyness and got out there anyways. Guess I was being emi-ish?
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

FINALLY broke the week 4 barrier.
Ever since I joined the ranks of college students two years ago, I had never felt as much accomplishment as I did today after running through the first day of week four. Felt great and proud of myself...

I shall not be disappoint no more! Watch me get through to week 9; this is just another game in life, like hell I'll bow down and submit to it! :D
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Babli

Post by Babli »

I did it. I ran whole 21 minutes of week 5 and without any problems. Wasnt even that tired after it. Feels good, man. :mrgreen:
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Reporting back. 190 km this week so far (no ride on wednesday due to insomnia and thus insufficient control over the bicycle).
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I thought you were talking about running first! Still, that's a nice distance :)
Tomorrow or sunday I'm going for a 5k run run and see what my personal record is for that distance. I'm gonna try under 25 minutes, but under 27 okay.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Akros

Post by Akros »

Babli wrote:I did it. I ran whole 21 minutes of week 5 and without any problems. Wasnt even that tired after it. Feels good, man. :mrgreen:
just got back, and yeah, same thing here, 22 min (because of the playlist) nonstop and a total of 4.2Km or so.
No pain during the run, felt great, and the runner's high is there, no doubt about that :mrgreen:
gRaViJa wrote:I thought you were talking about running first! Still, that's a nice distance :)
Tomorrow or sunday I'm going for a 5k run run and see what my personal record is for that distance. I'm gonna try under 25 minutes, but under 27 okay.
If I can get that close to the 5k, then no doubt you can do it. Go for it! :D
Babli

Post by Babli »

Akros wrote:
Babli wrote:I did it. I ran whole 21 minutes of week 5 and without any problems. Wasnt even that tired after it. Feels good, man. :mrgreen:
just got back, and yeah, same thing here, 22 min (because of the playlist) nonstop and a total of 4.2Km or so.
No pain during the run, felt great, and the runner's high is there, no doubt about that :mrgreen:
Yeah, runner´s high was definitely there. In last 30 seconds i started sprinting and I swear, it was the fastest sprint in my life. I felt like friggin´ Sonic :lol: I had so much power in my legs, I couldnt believe it. That was some real progress. Cant wait for another week. Gonna make some mixes too.
Akros

Post by Akros »

Babli wrote:
Akros wrote:
Yeah, runner´s high was definitely there. In last 30 seconds i started sprinting and I swear, it was the fastest sprint in my life. I felt like friggin´ Sonic :lol: I had so much power in my legs, I couldnt believe it. That was some real progress. Cant wait for another week. Gonna make some mixes too.
I was kind of hungry so I just kept a steady rhythm during the whole time, but I think I did well considering how much I ran, so right now it's ok for me, but next week it's got to be better :P
Once I'm done with exams I've got pump up things a bit, so I'll start jumping rope and planning some mountain biking routes ( it's that how you say it?). It's either that or playing DDR like I do every summer.
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

Welp, week 1 down.

A lifetime of running to go.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Ha ha - that's the spirit!
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt