An alternate perspective

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KSHater

An alternate perspective

Post by KSHater »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/650003-kataw ... iew-149701

I didn't write the above, but I agree with it (although I'd go even further in criticizing KS's ridiculously boring, sloppy, and pretentious writing). KS is garbage and I want you all to know it. I am tired of one of the worst VNs that I've ever played receiving mindless praise from those who have never played another VN in their life. The OELVN community will never amount to anything if KS is its standard.

Also, it's pretty crappy to release a game under a no-derivatives license when you stole half of your ideas from other people (Raita and the community at large) anyway.

ITT: He-man Katawa Shoujo Haters Club
Snow_Storm

Re: An alternate perspective

Post by Snow_Storm »

How cute! Babby's first troll on babby's first visual novel "Twilight for Grown Ass Weeaboo Men!" aka "Craptawa Shitjo"!

Try Harder/10
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I agree wholeheartedly.
Anyone who has ever had anything to do with KS, including but not limited to posting on these forums, should be rounded up and sent to death concentration internment camps to live out the rest of their days.
KSHater

Post by KSHater »

So, basically, any criticism of KS is met with cries of "TROLL"?

I should have expected this place to be a hugbox. The devs have never really answered any criticism ever.

My first post was a bit vitriolic, but still entirely true.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Yeah, and I'm the king of England.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Thank you for your opinion.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Cool story bro.

Post by Guest »

You're welcome Enemy. At least a sane perspective about this VN is on record.

Also, your CAPTCHA sucks!
KSHater

Post by KSHater »

>Also, it's pretty crappy to release a game under a no-derivatives license when you stole half of your ideas from other people (Raita and the community at large) anyway.

Though, I'd really like an answer to this point.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

There's nothing new under the big and wonderful whitehot sun.

There's a lot of reasons why the review is invalid, but I'm not bored enough to list them all.
Aspirin

Post by Aspirin »

So much blind hatred.

As if a member of 4LS stole his girlfriend...

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but it sounds like your opinions are dogmas and the tastes of the others are garbage.
Akros

Post by Akros »

Don't get the point in posting something like that in the official forums, whatever, but if you were waiting for violent reactions my bat is taking a vacation right now, so do what you please
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

KSHater wrote:Also, it's pretty crappy to release a game under a no-derivatives license when you stole half of your ideas from other people (Raita and the community at large) anyway.
I'm not going to say too much about this considering i'm relatively new to the VN crowd, but considering KS was free, and all good art essentially has parts stolen from other works, maybe you should be focusing your hate towards VNs that charge for their experience.
KSHater

Post by KSHater »

>There's a lot of reasons why the review is invalid, but I'm not bored enough to list them all.

That's a cop-out.

>Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but it sounds like your opinions are dogmas and the tastes of the others are garbage.

How are they dogmas when the reasoning behind them is clearly laid out to be refuted?

I don't entirely agree with the linked reviewer, though. I'm not much of an art or music snob, so it's really only the writing that I take major issue with. Although it is kind of shocking how much better the art in Missing Stars is, and they've just started. If you compare their posted artwork to KS's original art, the difference is enormous.

>Don't get the point in posting something like that in the official forums

It says "Public Discussion", not "Public Praise".

>I'm not going to say too much about this considering i'm relatively new to the VN crowd, but considering KS was free, and all good art essentially has parts stolen from other works, maybe you should be focusing your hate towards VNs that charge for their experience.

That doesn't really refute my point. "Free as in free speech" is much more important than "free as in free beer". I'm not faulting them for drawing from the creative commons of humanity. That's a good thing. I'm faulting them for not giving back to the same source that they took from. They should release the game under a CC-BY-NC-SA license.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

As the days go by, KShater, I realize more and more that you are not ballin'.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!