Doctor Mut-Who

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Triscuitable

Re: Doctor Mut-Who

Post by Triscuitable »

Please, please keep writing this. I hate crossover fics, why am I reading this, how can this be so well DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE.
MystiKnight

Post by MystiKnight »

This is going to be completed, right? I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, or at least, the more recent doctors. When I played Katawa Shoujo, Mr Mutou just screamed 'Tenth Doctor!' to me. I really hope that you keep writing this.
Cuteness Overload!

Currently Writing : Katawa Ikkou A Katawa Shoujo / Corpse Party Crossover. Up to it's 4th chapter since 11/5!

"I know how you're feeling. Anybody will get nervous on their first time."
~ A girl talking to a boy about volunteer work.
Mut-Who

Post by Mut-Who »

andros414 wrote:Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. This section just SCREAMED Cybermen to me, and it was! :o :o :o :o :o Moar Moar Moar! :mrgreen:
Glad you're satisfied. Yes, Cybermen, one of the very first and one of the most classic of the Doctor Who aliens, right up there with the Dalek. For this first piece I'd always thought that the Cybermen would make for a good foil against the cast of characters present in Katawa Shoujo. Machines that, in either universe, are obsessed with converting humans because they view our emotions and physical forms as weak and inefficient would make for a good contrast against a cast of characters whom are able to live fulfilling lives despite their imperfections (even if it isn't always easy).
themocaw wrote:Grammar issues aside. . . this story is brilliant.
Much appreciated. I'll also try to keep an eye out for grammar issues in the future, but grammar and English classes were never my strong suit. I was more of a history/science student myself (which was probably one of the many reasons Doctor Who dragged me in like it did).
griffon8 wrote:I don't watch Dr. Who. I'm the kind of person who, if an interest develops, would need to purchase all the DVDs of a series. Dr. Who would be too expensive.

Still, I know enough about it to enjoy this story.
Well I'm glad for that, but I think that you might be well served to get a month of Netflix and just watch the new series. Classic Doctor Who is amazing, don't get me wrong, but just about everything you'll need to know about the universe is also explained in the new series (on top of being greatly entertaining). Still, glad that you're enjoying the story.
Mahorfeus wrote:My girlfriend and two of my friends are all into Doctor Who... I guess I'm out of the loop.

For what it's worth, the story was an interesting read. I suppose I can't fully appreciate it in my current state. :shock:
Thank you. I would say I vouch for the quality of Doctor Who and that you should watch it, but then that goes without saying, what with this fan fic.
Mirage_GSM wrote:I don't think the show ever aired in Germany.
I've read a bit about it on wikipedia, but it would be too expensive (and time consuming) to get the DVDs.
I would suggest Netflix, but then I don't think its available in Germany.
Triscuitable wrote:Please, please keep writing this. I hate crossover fics, why am I reading this, how can this be so well DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE.
MystiKnight wrote:This is going to be completed, right? I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, or at least, the more recent doctors. When I played Katawa Shoujo, Mr Mutou just screamed 'Tenth Doctor!' to me. I really hope that you keep writing this.
I'd like to thank both of you for your praises first and foremost. Always nice to have someone enjoy your work. As for continuing this fic, yes, don't worry, I'm still writing this. The next segment is just going to be a bit harder to get out than the previous two on a count of length and the fact that I'm not relying on 90% of Act 1 from Katawa Shoujo with sprinklings of of paranoia and unease on the part of Hisao (also part of the reason I also wrote out what was intended to be part of this update, didn't want to leave you lot with just a flashback for an update).

Regardless, it has been plotted out and now the only issue is finding time to get it written down on a document and then get it copy+pasted over once I've proofread and had it run through spell-check. University willing it should be ready sometime within the next few days.
Current Story:
Doctor Mut-Who
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

You should have Hisao's love interest be subjected to the Cybermen. That would be an interesting dilemma, and possibly tragedy.

Are these the original Cybermen, or the Cybus Cybermen, as Ten originally encountered? And why are we assuming Mutou is Ten? He could very well be Five or Seven.
MystiKnight

Post by MystiKnight »

Triscuitable wrote: And why are we assuming Mutou is Ten? He could very well be Five or Seven.
Well, if you look at the first post, the credits part to be specific,
Mut-Who wrote: Starring:

David Tennant
Or, the Tenth Doctor.
Cuteness Overload!

Currently Writing : Katawa Ikkou A Katawa Shoujo / Corpse Party Crossover. Up to it's 4th chapter since 11/5!

Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

MystiKnight wrote:
Triscuitable wrote: And why are we assuming Mutou is Ten? He could very well be Five or Seven.
Well, if you look at the first post, the credits part to be specific,
Mut-Who wrote: Starring:

David Tennant
Or, the Tenth Doctor.
I'll let my mistake go without complaints because you're a Corpse Party fan.

... This time...
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

I've never seen Dr. Who, but if it's on Netflix I might watch it since I'm loving this fic so far :mrgreen: hope to see more soon!
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Mut-Who

Post by Mut-Who »

And University was not willing. University was not willing for several weeks.

Word to the wise my friends: never start a story when you're expecting to go back to university after Spring Break. Especially when you have around eight different research papers and four finals lined up within the next several weeks.

However, with all that out of the way, I can bring the next slice of our adventure. I'm going for an update sized around 4,000-5,000 words. Figure its long enough to sink your teeth into, but not so long that the update would take too terribly long. Opinions on the update length are welcome and will be taken into consideration.

Right then. Once again, if you spot any errors or have anything to say, please feel free to do so. Otherwise, let's get on with the story (finally).

------------------------------------

Terror. For the longest time, Hisao had considered terror in one way: the absolute, unabashed feeling of being horrified of and threatened by something; a creature, a situation, whatever, that would soon end your existence. For the past week, Hisao had learned that there was a different sort of terror. A slow, suffocating terror, one that felt like slowly falling to the depths of a moving body of water, drowning even while you flailed against the current in attempt to get back to the surface.

After a week of being faced with the latter, Hisao found the culmination of the experience, the terror that he had thought of for most of his life facing him, to be heartrendingly horrifying... almost literally.

What was before him could only be described as a metal mockery of a human being, marching at him and the man, this 'Doctor' as the machine called him, whom had been his teacher for the week. As Hisao stared into the black recesses this thing used for 'eyes', Hisao could feel the beating of his heart accelerate to a panic-worthy degree; adrenaline and horror in equal amounts driving it.

However, it was only when he suddenly felt a yank on his arm, The Doctor pulling him along with him, that Hisao found himself able to put this adrenaline and horror into a very quick run.

“Hisao, first lesson of hanging around with me: if I'm running, you're running!” The strangely accented man said in a stern, but shouting, tone as they both ran for the door at the end of the hall, The Doctor practically shoving it open. Throwing a glance over his shoulder, Hisao saw the sleeve of the coat the machine was still wearing tear open, a small device similarly colored to the machine's head popping out of the tear. For a moment, Hisao could swear it almost looked like a-

“Move!” The Doctor screamed as he pulled Hisao into the stairwell, forcing Hisao into a kneeling run while ducking as well. The move proved to be a lifesaver as they continued their run, as soon after a quick burst of red lasers impacted the wall on the other side of the stairwell, just above where they had previously stood. Hisao looked up, relieved but again surprised, as he looked at the burnt holes now left in the wall.

“That thing has lasers?!” Hisao shouted as they ran down the stairs, Hisao feeling his heart starting to race again as they fled.

“Well, just about everything in space has lasers Hisao. More often than not the safer thing to assume is that whatever you've run into has a laser either somewhere in it or on it.” The Doctor said casually as they approached the basement level of the stairwell.

“So that thing's from from another planet?” Hisao asked, less incredulous than looking for confirmation. After all, he'd never seen anything like this on Earth, so something alien, while very weird in and of itself, was still the better explanation.

“Well either that or another dimension, but that's a question that'll be best answered a little later.” The Doctor said, shoving the door to the basement open as they reached the bottom of the stairwell.

Within the space of five minutes, Hisao had found himself completely thrown off by something this man, this Doctor, had said so casually.

“A-A-Another dimension?” Hisao could barely manage to stammer even that out.

“Yeah, that's what I said wasn't it?” The Doctor asked as they slowed down, having run into a long corridor in the basement. As Hisao put his hands above his head to try to catch his breath and slow down his beating heart, he noticed that the hallway was flanked on both sides by storage rooms, each with a door starkly identical to the previous. “Now, I know you probably have a lot to ask, but try to keep the questions simple while I-” His sentence tapered off a bit, tapping his fingers against his chin in thought as he looked at the doors. “-try to remember where I put our means of getting out of here.”

Aside from the sound of the machine's marching echoing from the stairwell, Hisao's slap against his forehead was the loudest noise to echo through the basement corridor.

“You mean dragged us down here with some freaky robot-”

“Cyberman.” The Doctor quickly corrected him. “Also, whether they're from the other dimension or this one, Cybermen are cyborgs, not robots.” With that The Doctor quickly ran over to one of the doors, opening it up with a swing. The bizarre man stuck his head inside the door and growled before shutting it, running to another one.

“Alright, fine, Cyberman, cyborg, whatever. You brought us down here with it chasing us, and you don't even know where our escape route is?” Incredulity was thick in his tone as he spoke, The Doctor looking somewhat offended.

“Hey, its been a while since I was last down here. Besides, I'll find it here in a minute, just got to keep checking in these doors...” The Doctor quickly swung open another door before shutting it while speaking, Hisao continuing to take deep breaths as he shook his head.

“Fine, just hurry up. The Cyberman marched pretty slowly, but still, I think we only have-”

Hisao's comment was immediately cut off by a load crash he heard from the stairwell. The young man quickly swung his head to look at the source of the noise, his jaw dropping slightly as what he beheld. The Cyberman was kneeling down on the floor in the middle of the stairwell, slowly raising itself up as it stared at Hisao.

Had this been any other situation, Hisao would've found the situation hysterical. His mind would've wondered to two possibilities: that either the Cyberman had fallen down the very center of the stairwell in order to catch up with them, or that the cyborg had just fallen down several flights of stairs because of the awkward way it moved.

Unfortunately, this was a situation where a cyborg intent on 'assimilating' him had a laser built into its right arm. Both of which were pretty effective at killing any humor Hisao might've found in the situation.

“-less time than I thought! Doctor, hurry up!”

As Hisao turned back to further goad the Doctor into speeding up his search, all Hisao found himself faced with was a an empty hallway, one of the doors carelessly left open.

"Found it!" The Doctor's voice excitedly declared from inside the room, Hisao wasting no time in running inside the storage room, slamming the door shut as he did. The young man quickly cast his eyes about for the means of escape that the Doctor had found: amidst the cluttered room there were dozens of filing cabinets, boxes stuffed to the brim with folders, a few chairs stacked up against the wall, a blue box taller than the Doctor himself and the door behind him.

"I think you might've picked wrong Doctor, this isn't looking like a good escape route...” Hisao muttered fearfully, hearing the marching footsteps of the Cyberman through the door. The Doctor arched an eyebrow at Hisao, seemingly perplexed as he pulled an old key from his coat pocket.

“What, are you daft?” The Doctor seemed to take a few seconds to think this rather blunt declaration over, before slapping his forehead. “Ah, of course, first time with the perception filter.” The Doctor murmured to himself as he slid the key into the blue box, Hisao preparing to retort when a realization began to dawn on him.

That blue box was.... weird. Not a ‘looks weird’ weird or even a ‘I don’t like the look of it’ weird but... there was something about it, something that the Doctor’s unlocking of its door that ticked something off in Hisao’s head. Made the box seem strange. Foreign.

It hit him like a sack of bricks the more he thought about it.

The Doctor was sliding an old key into one of two doors of a very tall, wide, wooden, blue box, a white encased light in the very center of its roof. The doors had tinted windows on both side, with the door to the left having a sign written in English plastered just about dead center of the door. Hisao could only make out a few words here and there, English having not been his strong suit, but then that was more than he really knew about the words that encircled the box just above the doors.

The realization that hit him as he stared at this thing was that it was weird because it just didn’t belong in this room. The more Hisao realized this, the more he wondered just how he hadn’t noticed this the first time he had walked into the room and set his gaze upon the blue box.

While Hisao’s mind raced with these thoughts the Doctor turned the key, pulling the door open as he unlocked it. “Come along Hisao, not much time before that old tin can breaks in here.” The Doctor said with a grin, stepping into the blue box. Hisao’s heart continued to beat erratically, nerves eating at him rather than exertion or exhaustion, as he slowly approached the blue box.

“A-are you mad?” Hisao asked, realizing that the question by this point was rather meaningless; life had seemed to have gone mad within the past week, after all. “How are the two of us supposed to fit in... to fit in... in...”

Hisao’s question died before he could finish asking it, dead on arrival as Hisao stepped in front of the two doors, only vague directions from unconscious impulses guiding him into the blue box itself. Inside the blue box, a box that looked like it could barely fit the two of them, was a grand, wide open room.

The near circular shape of the room laid open for Hisao to gawk at, his eyes slowly traversing the space before him. The room seemed to be combination of some sort of control room and coral reef, with great stone columns rising and arching towards the center of the room where a large, glass cylinder with floating crystals suspended in its center rose up into the ceiling from a circular control panel right smack dab in the middle of the room.

The control console was an odd assortment of things itself, much like the coral/machine design of the room itself, with knobs, levers, switches, computer monitors, radio antennae... a bike pump and a gramophone and other odd, seemingly random assortments of devices all attached at various points on the console. While Hisao gawked, the Doctor was busily running about the console, messing with the various knobs and levers while turning a crank on the side of the console.

The Doctor quickly turned his head to watch Hisao aimlessly wander towards the middle of the room, grinning as he saw the wonder that engulfed Hisao’s eyes. The Doctor’s grin seemed to fade quickly as he watched Hisao, the Doctor quickly flipping a switch.

VWORP! VWOOORP! VWOOOOOORP! VWOOOOOOOORP! VWOOOOOOOOOOOORP!

As the crystals in the glass tube began to rise and fall, a cacophonous noise the likes of which Hisao had never heard in his life began to echo throughout the room, the very floor beneath his feat seeming to shudder slightly with each echo of the noise. Soon after, the shaking and the noise just cut out all together. As this happened the Doctor flipped a few more switches before quickly striding over to Hisao, setting his hands on the young man’s shoulders.

“Hisao, take some deep breaths alright? Deep breaths kid.”

Hisao blinked a couple times as he took in this instruction, only realizing that he had fallen pretty damn close to hyper-ventilating when his attention came to his breathing. Short, panicked gasps for air had replaced his steady breathing, his heart mimicking the pace set by his breathing. Trying not to panic, lest he set his breathing and heart even closer towards the danger zone, Hisao began to take in deep, long gasps of air, placing his hands above his head.

“Thanks...” Hisao breathed out after a few rounds of deep breathing, the Doctor nodding when he was satisfied that Hisao wasn’t going to go into a panic attack and croak.

“Everyone gets a little anxious and excited when they first step into the TARDIS. With everything else on top of that, its no wonder that you’re a bit... flustered.” The Doctor said with a grin, patting Hisao on the shoulder before he stepped over to the console, twisting a few knobs and typing into a keyboard. “Now, I do believe you might have a few questions to ask before we get moving, so best to start asking them now.”

Hisao nodded his eyes still casting their gaze about the control room of the TARDIS.

“So, that’s what this thing is called then. A ‘TARDIS’?” Hisao tried his best to closely mimic the Doctor’s very foreign accent when pronouncing the word, his attempt at the accent causing the Doctor to laugh a little.

“Yes, the... ‘TARDIS’.” The Doctor took a moment to clear his throat before saying the name of the box again, this time his voice falling into the accent and pitch he had spoken when Hisao only knew him as ‘Mutou’, the accent there being a little easier for Hisao to mimic.

“Ah, thanks, that’ll make me sound less ridiculous in the future.” Hisao said, a grin on both his and the older man’s face.

“That was the plan.” The Doctor stepped right back into his, Hisao would now guess, ‘normal’ manner of speaking, stepping around the console as he did. “Yeah, this fine old girl is a Type-40 TARDIS, a ‘Time and Relative Dimensions in Space’ machine... or is it ‘Time and Relative Dimensions in Space’ craft? Or ‘Time and Relative Dimensions in Space’ ship? Never did get the nomenclature for the end right.” The Doctor pondered the terminology for his blue box while Hisao took the name in, his eyes lighting up in an odd mix of excitement and bewilderment.

"Time and relative... you mean this thing is a time machine?" Hisao choked out, deep breaths punctuating his excitement.

"That and a space ship, for lack of a better word in your language.” The time traveler leaned up against the console. “This can take me anywhere and anywhen in the whole universe.”

“Soooo... that must mean you’re an alien, right? Nothing like this exists on Earth.” Awestruck by the fact that he was in such a magnificent machine, Hisao drifted to the next question that arose in his mind.

“Yes sir~. I’m a Time Lord, of the planet Gallifrey.” The Doctor flashed a wide, if melancholic, grin at Hisao, adjusting his coat as he awaited the next question. When he saw that Hisao looked, oddly enough, disappointed the Time Lord raised an eyebrow. “What is it, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, nothing. Well, actually...” Hisao frowned a bit as he looked at the Doctor. “Are you just... I dunno, disguising your real appearance or something? You don’t look like an alien. You look more human than I thought aliens would.”

“Ah, you see, that’s where you’re mistaken. “ The Doctor began, a cheery grin on his face. “I don’t look human. You look Time Lord; we were around first.”

“Oh, sorry. Its just, well, you know: what are the odds that human - er, sorry - Time Lord looking aliens would pop up on different planets across the galaxy?” Hisao joked, attempting to lighten the mood as the Doctor chortled a little.

“Better than you’d think, actually.”

“Right.” With a nod, the questions continued. “So, you said what that Cyberman was, but you didn’t say why it was here.” Hisao shuddered at the thought of the cyborg that had pursued them.

“Well, hard to say why they’re here.” The Doctor said, a grim expression marred his features. “I mean, they’re likely here to assimilate human beings into the collective, but I don’t know why here specifically.”

“I’m sorry... ‘they’?” Hisao asked as he swallowed nervously.

“Yes, ‘they’. A Cyberman never attacks without being a part of a group of Cybermen. There’s likely a whole lot of them somewhere around here.” The Doctor clapped his hands together at that. “With that said, that’s probably good enough for question time. We should get moving if we want to stop the Cybermen from assimilating everyone in the area, then on Earth.” The very serious nature of the statement was rather disturbingly juxtaposed with the cheery way the Doctor had said it, the time traveler heading towards one of the other doors in the control room.

“What? We had to run away from just one Cyberman. How are we going to be able to stop a group of them from doing what they want?” Hisao asked, incredulous. As the Time Lord scavenged through the room on the opposite side of the door, Hisao could only hear a very loud laugh echo from within.

“Hisao, Hisao, Hisao. We aren’t going to just stop the Cybermen from doing what they want. We’ll send them back either into the darkness of space or the other dimension, make sure they won’t take even one more student and do it without anyone in this city being the wiser!” The Doctor exited the room, his arms cradling various electronic parts and tools, a wide, confident smile on his face.

“How do you know we’ll be able to do that?”

“Because, Hisao-” The Time Lord strode towards Hisao, depositing the electronics and machine bits into his arms. “I’m the Doctor, and today you’re my companion: there is no possible way we can fail.”

Hisao shuffled the electronics around in his arms, staring up at the Doctor. The same charisma, conviction and knowing that had been present when he convinced Hisao to tell him about the Cyberman in the first place. It was assuring, convincing... empowering.

Hisao found himself as confident as the alien in front of him.

“Right, so, what's the plan Doctor?”

“Right, the plan is-”

Ding~

“-oh, yes, one moment! Almost forgot.” The Doctor quickly ran over towards the console. Hisao blinked a few times as the Doctor plucked a long, metal stick from the console that hadn't been present before, a blue gem at the end of the device.

“Sonic Screwdriver. Emits waves of sonic energy to do... well, I've lost track by now. Needless to say, useful little gadget.” The Doctor twirled the implement around in his hand as he walked over to him. “Alright, now, before I forget we need just one teensy little thing before we step out. Very important, very very important. Turn around for me would you.”

“Err, okay?” Hisao was a bit beyond fielding too many more questions at this point. The Doctor's direction had been solid up to this point, if a little nerve wracking at times. The teenager turned about in place, the Doctor grabbing onto the side of his head as he began to trace the gem of the Sonic Screwdriver along his scalp.

“Now, you said you heard buzzing in your ears before spotting our Cyber-stalker, right?”

“Yeah, kinda like interference on a radio or cell phone.” Hisao said in an idle tone as he stayed still for the Time Lord.

“You see, that's not normal.” The Doctor said flatly, the Sonic Screwdriver drifting closer to one of his ears. “Cybermen don't communicate using waves that could be picked up on transceivers or other receptors on... commonly found on Earth.” The Doctor corrected himself mid-sentence.

“It isn't like this at all, but imagine that the Cybermen are all cell phones, with one of them, one referred to as the Cyber-Lieutenant, or maybe referred to as a Cyber-Lord, or if not a Lord or Lieutenant, a Cyber-Leader, being a cellphone tower with a satellite attached. They manage communications between the Cybermen units, orders, plans et cetera, and send and receive information to the Cyber-Controller, leader of the entire Cyber Empire. A very closed off network, in other words.”

“These guys sure do like to use the word 'Cyber' a lot, don't they?” Hisao asked dryly, the Doctor nodding his head.

“Well, its in the name so they're stuck with it.

“So, anyway, your point is that I shouldn't be able to pick up their communications as buzzing in my ear?” Hisao asked, mulling it all over in his head.

“Weeeell, I wouldn't say 'shouldn't'.” The Sonic Screwdriver suddenly began to vibrate against Hisao's scalp, just behind his left ear, a lot of interference being emitted from the tool. “Right then, this is going to hurt foooor... a while.”

“Wait, what?”

Hisao suddenly yelled aloud as he felt a sharp, widening pain behind his ear, only stopping himself from immediately forcing his hand atop the pain by the electronics bundled in his arms. The Doctor pulled back on the Sonic Screwdriver, laughing in triumph as he stood back from Hisao.

“Here the little bugger is.”

“Ow, what the heck did you just do?” When Hisao turned to look at the Doctor, his jaw slackened at what he saw. The tip of the Sonic Screwdriver was now slightly dripping with a small amount of his blood, while the Doctor carefully examined a little... something in his right hand, the something covered in blood.

“What, what is that Doctor?”

“This, Hisao, is how the ordinarily lumbering Cybermen managed to seemingly be everywhere you were in this school: a tag. They've been tracking you with this; and its activity has been what you've been hearing every time they've wanted to put a set of eyes on you.”

“W-what, but how? How did they get that there? When did they have the time?” Hisao's questions were quite rapid, the Doctor seemed less energetic. Activating his Sonic Screwdriver again, the tiny, tiny object seemingly coming to life, wriggling between the Doctor's fingers like some kind of extremely tiny, metal worm. However, aside from the worm-like movements, it actually didn't look too terribly much like a worm.

The row of sharp teeth just under a set of black eyes made it look like some kind of monstrous lamprey. The sight didn't help Hisao's twisting and turning stomach, to say the very least.

“A very, very downsized Cybermat tooled out to work as a tracking device; completely mobile and very hard to see thanks to the small size. Probably sneaked onto you and latched on sometime when you first arrived.” The Doctor once again took his Sonic Screwdriver to the Cybermat, the wriggling of the creature ceasing immediately. The Time Lord quickly deposited the Cybermat and his sonic tool into one of his coat pockets.

“Which this off you and turned off, for now, the Cybermen won't be able to track us down. However, with it and with this-” The Doctor pat the random electronics held in Hisao's arms. “-we should be able to get started on tracking down where exactly they're hiding out.” The Doctor's grin grew as he spoke, as he walked past Hisao to head for the TARDIS' doors.

“Wait, really?” Hisao asked, grasping at any opportunity to take his mind off the Cybermat.

“Indeed. Now the real work begins.” The Doctor opened the door to the TARDIS and stepped out, Hisao following close behind him. Hisao, much to his surprise, found both himself and the Doctor standing out in the middle of Yamaku's campus.

“So, I'll need you to head to the rooftop of our class' building. The Cybermen aren't going to be able to find you by their favored method, so you'll have a nice space of time to reach the rooftop without them being the wiser.” The Doctor shut the doors of the TARDIS behind them after Hisao exited, the young man curiously glancing up to the rooftop of the aforementioned building.

“Why does this stuff need to go up there?”

“This is a pretty darn old property that's had a lot of renovations over the decades Hisao. There's bound to be something; antennae, satellite bits or radio signal receivers that we can use to reverse the polarity of the Cybermat's signal flow.” The Doctor rubbed his chin a bit as he looked up, Hisao following his gaze before nodding.

“Alright. What do you need for me to do when I get up there?”

“Wait for me. Even when we find out where the Cybermen are, that'll only be the first step into booting them out. So I need you to wait for me while I go to the staff meeting I called and start setting a few wheels in motion.”

“What? The meeting would've been ten minutes ago, they've either left without you or gotten it over with by now.” Hisao said, surprised by the Doctor's lack of attention to this.

The Doctor only turned to smile at Hisao.

“Actually, the staff meeting is in two minutes, and in one and a half minutes the only Cyberman in that building will be chasing a pair of intrepid, and may I say handsome, gentlemen into the basement of the building. Because they'll be distracted by the signal of the Cybermat still in that lad's head, you'll be free.” The Doctor, as if to prove his point, pulled out a pocket watch from his jacket and presented the clock to Hisao.

Indeed, they had actually popped up more than a minute before Hisao had wandered into and then been beset by the Cyberman. Hisao actually laughed, amazed, as he saw this, looking up at the Doctor, then to the TARDIS.

“It really is a time machine!” Hisao nearly shouted, the Doctor nodding as he put the watch away.

“What did I tell you. Now, let's move, quickly.”

“W-wait!” Hisao shook himself from his amazement, looking back at the Doctor. “Should we really be leaving it out in the open?”

“Not to worry Hisao. As you've seen yourself, the TARDIS can be very hard to notice. The perception filter basically ensures that anything without at least a small level of psychic ability will just pass it by as if it were nothing special at all.” The Doctor said as he continued walking away.

“So, its safe?” Hisao asked, even as he began to walk off to the class building.

“Hisao, trust me, no one will notice the old girl.”
Last edited by Mut-Who on Sun May 20, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Story:
Doctor Mut-Who
andros414

Post by andros414 »

I detect a 10th Doctor fan. All his dialogue just screams Tennant. Glad to see you're updating again. :D
Shizune > Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

I am so glad this is still being updated. Can't wait to see more!
MystiKnight

Post by MystiKnight »

An update? YEAH! Finally! I can really understand how RL can be a nuisance sometimes when it comes to writing stories, so I feel for you. Great chapter, hope to see more (hopefully within a month, this time :lol:)!
Cuteness Overload!

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So his plan was to use hisao as a bait to lure out the cyberman so they could... Run away from it?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Mirage_GSM wrote:So his plan was to use hisao as a bait to lure out the cyberman so they could... Run away from it?
Ingenious, isn't it? Ten tended to do zany stuff like that fairly often.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Mirage_GSM wrote:So his plan was to use hisao as a bait to lure out the cyberman so they could... Run away from it?
I've never watched any Doctor Who, but if I may put forth my hypothesis; his plan was a means to the end of acquiring on of his assistant guys that he always has. See, I know a bit of the Doctor Who mythos. I'm probably wrong about it though.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Mut-Who

Post by Mut-Who »

andros414 wrote:I detect a 10th Doctor fan. All his dialogue just screams Tennant. Glad to see you're updating again. :D
Well, yeah, I'm a fan of the 10th Doctor, but then that's pretty much true for almost all the Doctors (6 was a bit too much of a ponce for me). But this isn't the root of why he's written like the 10th: in this story, this Doctor is the 10th, there's a bit of story behind it but that's for later. If Mutou had looked like Smith or Eccleston or any of the other Doctors, they'd be the Doctor I'm writing. But Mutou looks like Tennant, so the 10th it is.

Also, thank you, appreciate that you're glad.
Kayo12 wrote:I am so glad this is still being updated. Can't wait to see more!
Well I certainly hope I'll be able to keep you wanting more, my good sir.
MystiKnight wrote:An update? YEAH! Finally! I can really understand how RL can be a nuisance sometimes when it comes to writing stories, so I feel for you. Great chapter, hope to see more (hopefully within a month, this time :lol:)!
Heh, yeah. It should be done sooner rather than later, but then I'm pretty sure I said that last time too. Fingers crossed!
Ten tended to do somewhat roundabout things to get what he wanted which could prove risky. In this case, he wanted to figure out what exactly was after Hisao (and possibly other students) and the fastest way to do that is through direct observation. So, use Hisao as bait to lure them out, figure out what it is, then run.

Like I said, Ten tends to be roundabout.
Triscuitable wrote:Ingenious, isn't it? Ten tended to do zany stuff like that fairly often.
Yeah, Ten did tend to be pretty zany, although I still contend that Four still holds the record for zany. Just like One holds the record for being the most direct and Seven holds the record for being the most plotting and nigh-diabolical (at least, in my book).
BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:I've never watched any Doctor Who, but if I may put forth my hypothesis; his plan was a means to the end of acquiring on of his assistant guys that he always has. See, I know a bit of the Doctor Who mythos. I'm probably wrong about it though.
Eh, the process of the Doctor acquiring companions usually just tends to happen, it isn't something planned for very often. In this case, his plan (what plan there was) was to get a direct observation of what was bumbling around Yamaku after Hisao and others. In the Who-verse, there are a lot of potential very, very bad things it could've been, lots of variables. Although dangerous, it was best to just cut through the variables and just get a good, straight look at the offender.

Alright, working on the update as we speak. Within the next week will hopefully be when its ready.
Current Story:
Doctor Mut-Who