Which relationship do you think will last?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which relationship do you think will last the longest?

Hanako
26%
Emi
12%
Shizune
4%
Lilly
29%
Rin
3%
All of the Above
8%
None (They are all just first loves)
3%
Or More than one of the above
14%

Total votes: 594

darkrei

Re: Which relationship do you think will last?

Post by darkrei »

after all,we can't know for sure...
I think it's just up to us...and our imagination.
Cabulb

Post by Cabulb »

I think Lilly is the kind of girl that will love Hisao for the rest of her life. Her delicate and caring nature determines that she won't just stop loving him one day. Plus, she already abandoned her family in order to stay with Hisao, you can't go further than that.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

I think Hanako's would have the best chance to last, though all have a decent chance. I think because she and Hasio have probably already gone through the worst in the relationship that they ever can, and they have seen the worst of each other. They admit that they don't even really understand each other, but both have basicaly given 100% of themselves to each other anyway. They recognize the flaws in themselves and in the other, and they are still madly in love. That is a rock-solid foundation for any relationship, and as they come to learn and understand more about each other, their love can help but become deeper and stronger.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Joeshmoelb

Post by Joeshmoelb »

thenacho wrote:Emi.
If your lover trusts you enough to do anal with you, you know she's a keeper.
Or she's missing a few screws.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

darkrei wrote:after all,we can't know for sure...
I think it's just up to us...and our imagination.
true, true.

I still vote for Emi though. Not coz of the anal part, but coz she inspired me the most.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

i voted for all of them, because i cant really decide between them. XD
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Of course, I want to believe they would all last. I certainly don't believe they'll never face difficulties in their lives together, but mostly I think they have the foundation by the end of their respective paths to last through any arguments or misunderstandings.

Looking at the relationships more critically, here's where I would place my bets:

Hisao+Lilly: Yeah, I think this would last. They've made the decision to essentially form their own family, independent of their parents, and they're both already quite mature. I can't see them breaking up, especially after the events at the end of Lilly's path. I easily see them building their own life together almost immediately after the story's end. The question for me, here, is how long Hisao will live. His health is pretty bad in Lilly's path, but even if he has to really take it easy physically, Lilly is patient enough (and aware enough of Hisao's condition) that I think she could be okay with that. I don't think she's going to let him blow things off in that regard, though - she has plenty of reasons to make sure he does all he can to improve his stamina.

Hisao+Emi: I feel pretty strongly that they would last, because Hisao was pretty stubborn in his pursuit and Emi's walls are finally down, at least as far as he's concerned. And, as was mentioned, Meiko (and Nurse!) liked him, which can only benefit the relationship in the long term. It's possible that Emi may still have communication issues to deal with; her stubborn refusal to show weakness or ask for help will be the biggest hurdle for Hisao to deal with (not to mention her bitterness that surfaces sometimes), but with time he'll come to recognize when Emi's putting on a fake smile and call her out on it without risking the relationship. Also, they get along really well on a day-to-day basis, which is important; not only do they love each other, but they truly enjoy each other's company. Since Emi's keeping him healthy, Hisao has the best chances of longterm survival with her than with any of the others.

Hisao+Hanako: This one I'm not sure about; it could go either way. They have a number of things in common, which is definitely a good thing, but they both admitted to each other that they don't really understand each other. They could discover that they aren't really that compatible as time goes by and Hanako emerges from her shell and develops more self-confidence. It's Hanako's first real romantic relationship, and it may be Hisao's as well... Still, they both trust each other more at the end of Hanako's path, and that certainly will serve as a solid foundation for their future relationship. Hisao's health will still be very much in question, and no doubt losing him would hurt Hanako deeply, but I have no doubt in my mind that were he to suffer another heart attack, she'd never leave his side. What I don't see happening is Hanako reverting to the way she was at the beginning of the story - I think from here on out, she'll only grow stronger.

Hisao+Rin: I don't know; this would really depend on Hisao being able to redefine his view on what constitutes a romantic relationship (which he was already showing some signs of doing by the end of Rin's path), and on his willingness to stick by Rin as he continues to try to understand her. The longer he's with her, the better he's going to understand her, and I think if he manages to make it through long enough, they could have a long-lasting, if rather unconventional, relationship. However, I can't shake the feeling that Rin isn't selfless enough to really make a relationship work - she's so wrapped up in trying to understand herself and communicate through her artwork that I don't know if she's really in the right state of mind to be in a relationship, much less to make it last. She still seems far too likely to me to just walk away when things get difficult. At best, I can't help but feel that their relationship will put Hisao permanently in the "caregiver" role, and I'm not convinced he's selfless enough to be satisfied with that.

Hisao+Shizune: I must confess that I have a hard time making predictions here because there's so much about their relationship and its dynamic I simply don't understand. I think that they're both determined enough that they could make the relationship last through sheer willpower. At the same time, I can easily imagine them having an on-again, off-again relationship as the other stuff in their lives - university, jobs, etc. - take precedence, or even just eventually deciding it's better if they break up to pursue other people.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Hanko, for two simple reasons.

1. She is extremely delicate, and Hisao would never break up with her.
2. Hanako is such an emotionally dependent person that she'll love Hisao unconditionally.

that way of thinking will only lead you to her bad end, mate
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

Cabulb wrote:I think Lilly is the kind of girl that will love Hisao for the rest of her life. Her delicate and caring nature determines that she won't just stop loving him one day. Plus, she already abandoned her family in order to stay with Hisao, you can't go further than that.
Indeed, even she visited Hisao after he got his heart attack on his chance to meet Lilly for the last time. It's so epic scene :)
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

The Ranking:

Lilly/Hisao: Forever and Ever and Ever.

Emi/Hisao: Barring horrific irony involving a bus, these two are rock solid.

Hanako/Hisao: A little concern here, but I think they'll make it just fine.

Rin/Hisao: Here's where I'm worried. I'm a little optimistic with the ending where Hisao helps Rin get ready for the day, because it shows that he's prepared to help her get around her limitations as well as accept her for who she is without trying to over analyze. If Rin can keep open and Hisao can keep his cool, I think they'll be fine.

Shizune/Hisao: ...god dammit. Do these two even have a relationship? Not only is it dysfunctional, to be honest, these two are toxic to one another. Shizune is overbearing and Hisao is a huge beta. I mean, isn't the tag line for Shizune 'Can You Tell Me What You Really Think?' and neither one really opens up the entire relationship. And with the Good ending the way it is, I do not see Hisao following his promise to 'chase after her'. This was a high school fling and nothing more.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Kayo12 wrote: Shizune/Hisao: ...god dammit. Do these two even have a relationship? Not only is it dysfunctional, to be honest, these two are toxic to one another. Shizune is overbearing and Hisao is a huge beta. I mean, isn't the tag line for Shizune 'Can You Tell Me What You Really Think?' and neither one really opens up the entire relationship. And with the Good ending the way it is, I do not see Hisao following his promise to 'chase after her'. This was a high school fling and nothing more.
Oooh boy...should I start speaking again?

Well, I've said it thousands of time in this board but just lurk around. Might bring you clarity; not many people understand or capture the dynamic between Hisao and Shizune, and I can't blame them.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Kayo12 wrote:The Ranking
I am quite amused by how you have things bass ackwards to my perspective. Emi and Lilly come across as high school flings, Hanako and Rin form this mutually dependent circlejerk thing with Hisao, and Shizune Courage Wolf's the crap out of him to the point where I can see them being a power couple of sorts.

Then again, I'm biased.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Synthus wrote:Then again, I'm biased.
Isn't everyone? :)
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Enemy | wrote:
Synthus wrote:Then again, I'm biased.
Isn't everyone? :)
according to whose has which waiffu obviously
zeldas12

Post by zeldas12 »

I'm tied between Hanako and Lilly, for obvious reasons. Lilly cares enough about Hisao to choose him over her family. Enough said.

Hanako could go both ways, but I'm leaning towards it lasting. After everything they've both been through they've both grown stronger. Although they both don't understand eachother, but that leaves more opportunity to learn and grow closer to eachother. They both have a lot in common, which is a good thing, and they both just seem to click together. It's obvious that she also cares deeply for Hisao to open up to him like that.