Total votes: 673

Enemy |

Re: Team Shizune vs Team Lilly

Post by Enemy | »

ravenlord wrote:
Enemy | wrote:And changing her
And cleaning her
And opening doors for her
Wow, some of you guys really really underestimate the disabled. Do a youtube search of stuff like "armless" and find people who drive cars, play guitar and volleyball, practice dentistry, gunslingers, drummers, etc. No one has to change or clean Rin, or open doors for her.
...Emi does that for her at Yamaku, I was just going with that.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

ravenlord wrote:Wow, some of you guys really really underestimate the disabled. Do a youtube search of stuff like "armless" and find people who drive cars, play guitar and volleyball, practice dentistry, gunslingers, drummers, etc. No one has to change or clean Rin, or open doors for her.
To be fair that exact situation arises in Waylay, in Act I - i.e. Hisao opening the door for Rin.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
ravenlord wrote:Wow, some of you guys really really underestimate the disabled. Do a youtube search of stuff like "armless" and find people who drive cars, play guitar and volleyball, practice dentistry, gunslingers, drummers, etc. No one has to change or clean Rin, or open doors for her.
To be fair that exact situation arises in Waylay, in Act I - i.e. Hisao opening the door for Rin.
Sure -- when assistance is available, I see no reason for her to decline it. But it doesn't mean she HAS to have it. She is fully capible of opening doors herself, with either her feet of her mouth.

Hasio feeds her orange slices too, but that doesn't mean that she can't feed herself. She can still eat just fine on her own.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

ravenlord wrote:Sure -- when assistance is available, I see no reason for her to decline it. But it doesn't mean she HAS to have it.
I think the same thing applies to Lilly.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

ravenlord wrote:Hasio feeds her orange slices too, but that doesn't mean that she can't feed herself. She can still eat just fine on her own.
Rin specifically says at one point during her route that oranges are "tricky", implying that she can't eat them fine on her own.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Mirrormn wrote:
ravenlord wrote:Hasio feeds her orange slices too, but that doesn't mean that she can't feed herself. She can still eat just fine on her own.
Rin specifically says at one point during her route that oranges are "tricky", implying that she can't eat them fine on her own.
Tricky doesn't mean impossible. Filing my taxes is tricky, so I get help when I can. If I can't get help then I do them on my own just fine, even though it is a hassle and time consuming.

I can't tell if you guys are just trolling, or you really think that Rin would be captive in a room with a closed door, and starve to death if someone was not around to spoon feed her. If you are not trolling, then do some google and youtube searches about how armless people do the things that normal people do. There is a work-around for almost everything.
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

ravenlord wrote:I can't tell if you guys are just trolling, or you really think that Rin would be captive in a room with a closed door, and starve to death if someone was not around to spoon feed her.
Sounds pretty plausible.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

ravenlord wrote:Tricky doesn't mean impossible. Filing my taxes is tricky, so I get help when I can. If I can't get help then I do them on my own just fine, even though it is a hassle and time consuming.

I can't tell if you guys are just trolling, or you really think that Rin would be captive in a room with a closed door, and starve to death if someone was not around to spoon feed her. If you are not trolling, then do some google and youtube searches about how armless people do the things that normal people do. There is a work-around for almost everything.
No one ever said she had issues feeding herself.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Enemy | wrote:
ravenlord wrote:Tricky doesn't mean impossible. Filing my taxes is tricky, so I get help when I can. If I can't get help then I do them on my own just fine, even though it is a hassle and time consuming.

No one ever said she had issues feeding herself.
Ah, so you're just trolling then. Weak troll is weak, but have fun with that anyway.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Mirrormn wrote:
I have to disagree on that.

As what ravenlord said, "tricky" doesn't mean impossible. She can eat them on her own, but it'll take twice maybe five times the effort considering the requirements to peel them. That line in ACT III suggested that she has eaten oranges on her own before, but found it too complicated to do it by herself.

...makes me kinda' wonder what she'll do if she wants to eat durians or pomegranates
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
nemz

Post by nemz »

Megumeru wrote:...makes me kinda' wonder what she'll do if she wants to eat durians or pomegranates
Offer to pay a local grocer extra for a little help? It's not that hard.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Enemy | wrote:
ravenlord wrote:Sure -- when assistance is available, I see no reason for her to decline it. But it doesn't mean she HAS to have it.
I think the same thing applies to Lilly.
Nope. Lilly's dependent on someone else while she familiarizes herself with a new environment.
ravenlord wrote:
Mirrormn wrote:
Tricky doesn't mean impossible. Filing my taxes is tricky, so I get help when I can. If I can't get help then I do them on my own just fine, even though it is a hassle and time consuming.

I suspect she's employing a little understatement.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

ravenlord wrote:Ah, so you're just trolling then. Weak troll is weak, but have fun with that anyway.
You completely missed my point. He said Lilly was dependent on people, so I said that by his logic, Rin was as well.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

So much facepalm.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

ShadeHaven wrote:So much facepalm.
Given it's a thread about two "teams" trying to bring down the other "team", expected :lol: