Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Akros

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Akros »

ZXRN wrote: And I thought Phil. was a freakishly hot place. Well, all I can wish for then is your safety dood. So stay hydrated dood! Bring a bag full of ice and stick it in your back! :D
Well Spain is that kind of hot, specially in the south, so there's not much I can do, but I'll try to look into the ice-bag thing xD
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Babli

Post by Babli »

I am going to start Week 4 tommorow and I just noticed, that I dont like Week 4 remixes. :mrgreen: Not a single one, which came as a little surprise, because i loved all Week 3 mixes. So I decided to make my own mix for Week 4. Maybe I´ll make some more, will see. Anyway, if you wanna try it, there you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oevhdlubn0t4b6q

I dont know why, but only in some programs it shows the timing well. But I made sure to make it as close to timing of runs as possible. Except one 5 minute run, which is shorter for 14 seconds, are all songs accurate. Last one is a bit longer, so it compensates for that shorter song a little bit.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I just redid week 4 day 1 after a week's rest. It was hard going, but it felt good. Last Monday I hurt my knee at the track and the Nurse took my legs away. Well, not really, but I had to stop for a week. It hurts a bit after this run, but not as much as I'd feared. The black will now resume slowly creeping across my signature, barring any more interference from my apparently glass legs.
Babli wrote:I am going to start Week 4 tommorow and I just noticed, that I dont like Week 4 remixes. :mrgreen: Not a single one, which came as a little surprise, because i loved all Week 3 mixes. So I decided to make my own mix for Week 4. Maybe I´ll make some more, will see. Anyway, if you wanna try it, there you go.
I didn't like the week four mixes as much either. I ended up going with number three. I'll give yours a try next time; thanks for putting it together.
MoogleDee wrote:Still here, mostly lurking.
Glad to hear you're still running - good luck with 6k!
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Hey, Emi-Runbros. Just saw this thread and figured I oughtta post, since I'm planning on starting a new exercise habit as soon as I finish shaking off my cold. I even went and bought new sports headphones and an arm-band holster for my iPod, so I know I'm serious this time. :D

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but I wanted to give you guys an encouraging thumbs-up and tell you I'm with you. What can I say? I don't wanna let Emi down.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Started week 2 today! Is it just me or did it just get easier? Is it normal to feel like that? I do feel a little more tired after but it was still kinda easier than the 1st week. (coz as the emi manual said, I only have to do it 6 times)

@akros: ooo I'd like to see you progress too, so keep posting so I can learn a thing or two from all of ya wahahaha~

@mysterycycle: good job sir! keep at it and you'll be as awesome as these guys.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

ZXRN wrote:Started week 2 today! Is it just me or did it just get easier? Is it normal to feel like that? I do feel a little more tired after but it was still kinda easier than the 1st week. (coz as the emi manual said, I only have to do it 6 times)
The human body is a mysterious thing.

It can change, adapt, and thrive regardless how much punishment it receives. You start running 5K, your heart and muscles adapt to compensate the stress. You lift weights, your back and your biceps adjusts its output to ease the pain.

I lost up to 6kg alone running; and that was when I started week 3. Never thought I could run three minutes straight, but hey--done it.

...that feeling after running is awesome too.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

mysterycycle wrote:Hey, Emi-Runbros. Just saw this thread and figured I oughtta post, since I'm planning on starting a new exercise habit as soon as I finish shaking off my cold. I even went and bought new sports headphones and an arm-band holster for my iPod, so I know I'm serious this time. :D

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but I wanted to give you guys an encouraging thumbs-up and tell you I'm with you. What can I say? I don't wanna let Emi down.
Always glad to have more people. See you on the track!
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

mysterycycle wrote:Hey, Emi-Runbros. Just saw this thread and figured I oughtta post, since I'm planning on starting a new exercise habit as soon as I finish shaking off my cold. I even went and bought new sports headphones and an arm-band holster for my iPod, so I know I'm serious this time. :D

Great! See you on the track :)

@ZXRN: It's normal. your body adapts. I remember how i was sore for 2 days after my first run, now i feel better after my run then before my run.

Tomorrow, i'm going to try to run 6k under 30 mins. I will make it! :x
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I'm redoing week 5 again, since last week a combination of new job and illness meant that I was pretty much either working, eating or sleeping the whole second half of the week.

However, W5D1 shaped up quite nicely. 36/40/30/24/40+ turned into 36/40/30/24/45 with very little bother.

Also, I really really loved KS (as you may be able to tell), and figured that what I really liked about it was teh feels. It was a small step on from that to searching out other things that gave teh feels, and after browsing most of Studio Ghibli's filmography, I figured that other VNs may do the trick, and decided to try To Heart 2 after basically seeing one of the characters from it and thinking she looked interesting (weird what makes you do things huh? The littlest things).

But yea. It's a Japanese VN, but there're fan translation projects which are up and running for it, and I really enjoyed it. It doesn't hold a candle to KS, but the characters are really nicely done, and it really makes me engage with them well (although there is no plot. I mean, srsly. I have just finished my first runthrough - could not find it at all).

Despite all that though, if you're lookin' for another source of feels, I'd highly recommend it (and can offer a few links if people wanna try it without dicking around trying to find an english version, just PM me).

I decided to write all this here because I don't tend to venture out of the workout thread much, so this has become my general go-to thread for KS :P
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Babli

Post by Babli »

After starting running with Week 3 and running it for 2 weeks to compensate, I started Week 4 today. I was worried it would be really hard, but I felt better during and after the run, than I did last week when I was running much less. I was pleasantly surprised.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Megumeru wrote:
ZXRN wrote:Started week 2 today! Is it just me or did it just get easier? Is it normal to feel like that? I do feel a little more tired after but it was still kinda easier than the 1st week. (coz as the emi manual said, I only have to do it 6 times)
The human body is a mysterious thing.

It can change, adapt, and thrive regardless how much punishment it receives. You start running 5K, your heart and muscles adapt to compensate the stress. You lift weights, your back and your biceps adjusts its output to ease the pain.

I lost up to 6kg alone running; and that was when I started week 3. Never thought I could run three minutes straight, but hey--done it.

...that feeling after running is awesome too.
Pretty impressive dood. Hopefully, by week 3, I too will be able to run for 3-min. straight. And lose this tummy. (I ain't that fat, but this stomach ain't disappearing either.)

@gRaViJa: Sound like a lot of punishment . Thinkin' abt it makes me tired. Well, I'll be rootin' for ya, so I hope you can do it! :x
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Akros

Post by Akros »

ZXRN wrote:
Pretty impressive dood. Hopefully, by week 3, I too will be able to run for 3-min. straight. And lose this tummy. (I ain't that fat, but this stomach ain't disappearing either.)

@gRaViJa: Sound like a lot of punishment . Thinkin' abt it makes me tired. Well, I'll be rootin' for ya, so I hope you can do it! :x

hahahaha, same thing here, my tummy won't just go away, even though I do sit ups after every run instead of the 100 push-up challenge, it's way easier for me xD
anyway, did W4D1 yesterday, the weather wasn't so bad, so I did a little extra running afterwards and still didn't get that tired
keeping going everyone!
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

Well, I started the Couch to 5K program last night. I thought I was gonna have a non-cuteness-inspired HRRRNNNGGG, and my sides were well and truly aching in the second half of that twenty minutes, but I kept thinking of Emi and all of you guys and I'm glad to say I didn't give up.

I also learned the hard way that you don't want to exercise too close to bedtime, because I had a difficult time getting any sleep last night. I also think I need to buy some running shoes, since the ones I have now are pretty worn-out... I'm kind of dreading Wednesday, since everyone has said that the second day is the toughest, but I really want to get past that hump, and I've failed in too many things in my life to give up on this.

Just for funsies, here's the playlist I listened to:

Ride On Shooting Star
Tank!
Drop the Hammer - need to exchange this for something else; turned out to be too slow to motivate me
Legacy
Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP3
Katamari on the Rocks - this felt fantastic as I was hitting my final minute of running.
Still Alive - A nice reminder of the fact, as I was doing my cooldown walk. I'll admit, there were tears.

I'm really amazed how much of a difference it made to imagine Emi there, cheering me on, every time I felt the urge to quit.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

mysterycycle wrote:Well, I started the Couch to 5K program last night. I thought I was gonna have a non-cuteness-inspired HRRRNNNGGG, and my sides were well and truly aching in the second half of that twenty minutes, but I kept thinking of Emi and all of you guys and I'm glad to say I didn't give up.

I'm really amazed how much of a difference it made to imagine Emi there, cheering me on, every time I felt the urge to quit.
Good on you! You've started now, and you've got the resolve, so you'll make it through the second day alright.

Emi's like a cheery ball of motivation; I haven't heard anyone make a better case for why excercise is enjoyable and necessary than that cartoon girl. :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Babli

Post by Babli »

Second day of Week 4, second music mix. I really enjoy putting these mixes together for some strange reason :roll: Anyway, here you go, if you want to try it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vxt4rcjwtolycap

Here´s the tracklist:
3 min run - Chariots of Fire by Vangelis a.k.a. Ultimate running song
1 and half min walk - Well, wont spoil this one :lol:
5 min run - Emiya (Fate Stay Night) Rock version
2 and half min walk - Belleville by Django Reinhardt
3 min run - Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone
1 and half min walk - Intro music from Witcher 2
5 min run - Lift by Poets of the Fall