Hanako Bakes a Cake (Short One-Shot)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

lolawesome

Hanako Bakes a Cake (Short One-Shot)

Post by lolawesome »

Hanako enters her room juggling the handle of the door and a baking tray full of cupcakes. She manages it without incident, save for a slight misstep as she uses her hip to close the door.

After holding the tray with one hand and turning the lock with the other, she turns to the room.

"Who wants cupcakes?" Hanako beams.

The three guests are all silent, shooting nervous glances to each other. Hanako doesn't seem to feel the tension in the air, instead happily placing a cupcake in front of each one of them. Lilly was the first to break the silence by clearing her throat.

"Hanako, there's no easy way to say this ... this is an intervention."

Hanako stops dead in her tracks, "W-what do you mean, Lilly?"

Shizune starts to slice her hands through the air with speed and precision but Misha is pre-occupied.

"OH GOD, YOU GUYS, THESE CAKES ARE DELICIOUS~!"

After a glare from Shizune, Misha puts down her half eaten cupcake, and translates with frosting still visible on her lips.

"[We're all worried about you Hanachan. You haven't been to classes since ...]"

The bespectacled class representative and her pink, drill haired translator glances to Lilly, opting to let her handle the landmine.

Lilly picks up the cue, and continues, "Since your breakup with Hisao, Hanako."

Silence again. Aside from the chomping of another cupcake from Misha.

"THESE ARE GREAT, HANAKO~!" she attempted a whisper.

"I-I'm fine, you guys," Hanako fights the tears in her eyes, "D-don't worry about me." Her hands are balled up and red.

Shizune continues where Lilly left off, "[Hanachan, we know you're not sleeping. You're not eating. You're spending all night cooking in the dorm kitchen. You weigh almost nothing.]"

Hanako doesn't answer, instead dropping her face and letting her bangs hide her face.

Shizune takes a cupcake and bite into it and quickly throws it on the low table in the middle of the room. Lilly picks up the sound but is oblivious until she hears Misha.

"[Oh God! There's a finger! There's a finger in the cupcake! A human finger!]"

Finish translating, Misha dashed for the door.

"It's locked, waaa, it's locked!" Misha screamed. She looks back and sees a knife buried in Shizunes chest. Misha is scared white and cowers into the corner.

"What's going on?" Lilly says, confused by all the commotion.

"Oh, Lilly," Hanako says with a devilish smile, "you have to try my pie. I really put myself into it." She lifts her skirt and reveal a chunk of thigh clumsily bandaged, still fresh, bright red blood soaking it.

Misha could only manage a whimper at the sight.
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
Oddball

Re: Hanako Bakes a Cake (Short One-Shot)

Post by Oddball »

It just didn't work for me.

Hanako being murderous is hard enough to pull off as it is but cutting pieces of herself, baking them, and feeding them to others while still managing to be cheerful? It's just overboard. It's asking a bit much from the audience without giving them any real reasons why she's suddenly psychotic.
Not Dead Yet
BlackRockHanako

Post by BlackRockHanako »

Would be a fun premise for yandere Hanako, 'now a part of me will always be inside you, Hisao!'. But as it is, this didn't do it for me. Maybe try and flesh it out a bit more? (Pun not intended)
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

This was a little, meh, in my opinion. Hard to imagine that ever happening, especially with Hanako, and doing that over a break up? That's pretty out there, even with Hanako's psychological condition being the way it is, even if the break up was with Hisao, the only person who ever seemed to understand her, in the good end, anyway.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Meh.

As soon as I saw "Who wants cupcakes?" I was like, "Okay, so is this going to be a 'kill people, butcher them, and bake them into various baked goods' type story?" And it turns out it was. Heh, I guess my bronyism is good for something...
Hadokant

Post by Hadokant »

This didn't make any sense to me. I could imagine her killing hisao or lilly but cutting herself into cupcakes?
I don't think so
"Being Human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness in a world that hates it"
-Tenmyouji
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

it's a silly little thing I wrote in a couple of minutes

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

lolawesome wrote:it's a silly little thing I wrote in a couple of minutes
They can't all be winners. Everybody writes a dud now and again.
Not Dead Yet
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Oddball wrote:
lolawesome wrote:it's a silly little thing I wrote in a couple of minutes
They can't all be winners. Everybody writes a dud now and again.
I dunno what you're talking about, I thought it was brilliant (if only in concept).
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

BlackRockHanako wrote:Would be a fun premise for yandere Hanako, 'now a part of me will always be inside you, Hisao!'. But as it is, this didn't do it for me. Maybe try and flesh it out a bit more? (Pun not intended)

Believe it or not, the original idea I had was Shizune inviting Hisao over for dinner after their break up. It's an alternate timeline thing, where Hisao starts dating Misha. Shizune finds out about it, kills and cooks her for Hisao and throughout the dinner, she forces him to admit about the time how he cheated on her, about that night, et cetera et cetera. and keeps repeating the phrase "how did she taste" until it dawns on him what had happened as she gives an evil smile while he is shocked with a horrified realization

Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Doomish wrote: I dunno what you're talking about, I thought it was brilliant (if only in concept).
That's because it's impossible for you to dislike something that's gory and grimdark and makes no sense
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Brogurt wrote:
Doomish wrote: I dunno what you're talking about, I thought it was brilliant (if only in concept).
That's because it's impossible for you to dislike something that's gory and grimdark and makes no sense
Non-sequiturs are always fun to read, no matter how off-the-wall they may be. And, again, if only in concept. It could have been done better, but then, it could have been done worse as well.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Would've made more sense if Hisao was the ingredient.

"There's a penis! There's a penis in the cupcake!"

Lilly-"Ara ara! Since you're not going to finish it then..."
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

Otakumon wrote:Would've made more sense if Hisao was the ingredient.

"There's a penis! There's a penis in the cupcake!"

Lilly-"Ara ara! Since you're not going to finish it then..."
Oh Lilly, you sexual fiend you.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
ThistlewickVII

Post by ThistlewickVII »

Freaked me right out.
Excellent concept, and the story itself isn't as bad as the other reviewers say.
Yeah, it would have been cooler if
a) She'd fed it to Hisao
or b) It WAS Hisao
How did she carry the plate without her fingers?
How did Misha eat some cakes without tasting the Bacon?
How did no-one notice?
Became a better person because of KS. But I was pretty awesome to begin with.
Contender to be the Last Sane Man in an Insane World.
Likes Dogs.