Which ending did you feel hurt the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

random

Re: Which ending did you feel hurt the most?

Post by random »

Manly picnic

I've never fallen off a roof onto a concrete floor, but I can imagine it's painful
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

random wrote:Manly picnic

I've never fallen off a roof onto a concrete floor, but I can imagine it's painful
That depends, if you fell on your head you wouldn't feel a thing
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

that would be quite disturbing indeed.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Hey, all. First-time poster here, and I would say long-time lurker, but for the first time in a long time, that simply ain't the case. I spent the better part of the past month playing the hell out of this game and lurking the forum/shimmie (just got 100% completion maybe last week or so). Job well done, 4LS. This game kinda rules hard.

Now to the topic at hand.

I loved pretty much every character and every path, and each one hit home in their own significant ways. I can strongly identify with Rin and her desire to be understood through her art, only to fail miserably at it and spiral into self-destruction. My kid sister is basically Hanako with less scarring. Lilly's "bad" end is something that happens to more people than it has any right to. Kenji and his whiskey binge into fatal swan dive is a pretty accurate representation of those post-relationship "bitches and whores" blues. Been there, done that. Good stuff all around. And as emotionally riveting as it all was, I never once succumbed to the "feels."

Until.

Emi.

Emi's path, hell, her whole character, was very much like the chick I lost my V-card to years back. Older chick, deceptively confident in herself, with a SEVERE amount of baggage looking for an escape in the most base form, with a guy who was too green to know any better. Man, I was in love. Like, LOVE. Wasn't nearly aware of how horrible my situation was till she started pushing me aside for weeks at a time, telling me, just like Emi did, that I was too distracting and fun to be around and she had to focus on her own responsibilities for a minute. I went with it, 'cause like I said, I hadn't the sense to bail out when I knew something wasn't quite right. Time went along, and despite my repeated attempts to get closer and "get" what her problem was, I got nothing except admittedly great sex, more lies, and more distance. I finally grew a spine, and gave her an ultimatum, and what ensued was replayed almost word-for-word five years later as Emi's bad ending.

I watched the end credits roll, shut off my PC, went to the kitchen, poured myself a shot, downed it, and proceeded to bawl my friggin' eyes out. Jesus, man. I don't think I've ever cried that hard at ANYTHING aside from a friend dying or something. To have a video game about dating chicks with physical handicaps dredge up some REALLY bad times in my life and punch me right in the soul was something completely unexpected, indeed. But in a weird way, I'm glad it happened, because it let me think about it from the perspective of a grown-ass man and, more importantly, that somewhere, someone who had a hand in this game was on my level and said "Hey, I know what it feels like, man. I gotcha."

Frickin' Emi, man.

Mad respect, 4LS.
... Danger.
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

Hanako's bad end

With the other girls, they are partly to blame but Hanako's bad end was Hisao being a complete retard
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Total Destruction wrote:Until.

Emi.
Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad that even though Emi's story wrecked you, it helped in the end. I don't think many of us had a clear idea of what heavy trouble we were getting into when we installed this. :)
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Enemy | wrote:

That depends, if you fell on your head you wouldn't feel a thing
If it was a high enough drop, like say 20 stories high (which obviously Brown University isn't that tall of a building), the force of gravity would had kill him before he would landed on the grown.Some folks have survived worse falls and, to quote the HodgesTwins, got all their shit snapped up.
lolawesome wrote:Hanako's bad end

With the other girls, they are partly to blame but Hanako's bad end was Hisao being a complete retard
So... Hisao cheating on Shizune was her fault and Lilly moving to Scotland to help her dying grandmother was her fault as well? Makes perfect sense.

Hanako's bad ending was painful because she kept it real and was very, very blunt. While the other girls (excluding Lilly and Rin) were more sly with their break ups or what not, Hanako just went berserk and flat out told his ass. A few seconds longer and Hisao would has gotten a heavy object thrown at his face or a punch to the nose.
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

Snow_Storm wrote:
lolawesome wrote:Hanako's bad end

So... Hisao cheating on Shizune was her fault and Lilly moving to Scotland to help her dying grandmother was her fault as well? Makes perfect sense.

Shizune - it was her personality, thinking she can fix the divide between herself and misha with a plan of attack and such and when she realized it wont work sees herself as a failure

Lilly - she knew she had to go back to Scotland but didnt tell Hisao herself
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

lolawesome wrote: Lilly moving to Scotland to help her dying grandmother was her fault as well? Makes perfect sense.
I believe it was aunt. And that is not why she was going to permanently move there.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

Walrusfella wrote:Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad that even though Emi's story wrecked you, it helped in the end. I don't think many of us had a clear idea of what heavy trouble we were getting into when we installed this. :)
Thanks much. I swear to God, this game. Too real, ya know?

:D
... Danger.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Total Destruction wrote:
Walrusfella wrote:Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad that even though Emi's story wrecked you, it helped in the end. I don't think many of us had a clear idea of what heavy trouble we were getting into when we installed this. :)
Thanks much. I swear to God, this game. Too real, ya know?

:D
I know how you feel mate, I still can't play the game after getting Rin's neutral ending. Friggin' thing hurt me the most.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

By the way, I'm confused abt something. Can ya guys explain to me what Rin's biggest problem is? Coz, in the neutral, she wanted to be understood right? Then she has to go to Tokyo to change and become an artist that she wants to be. So why does she need to change if she only wants to be understood?

I'm just really confused abt that part. All I know is that in the good ending She decided to be herself. And that's good.

The answer would be much appreciated.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

ZXRN wrote:By the way, I'm confused abt something. Can ya guys explain to me what Rin's biggest problem is? Coz, in the neutral, she wanted to be understood right? Then she has to go to Tokyo to change and become an artist that she wants to be. So why does she need to change if she only wants to be understood?

I'm just really confused abt that part. All I know is that in the good ending She decided to be herself. And that's good.

In the neutral ending, (take my words with a grain of salt, though, as I haven't experienced the neutral ending myself, only read about it and seen a few screenshots) I think Rin decides that she has to change herself in order to be understood. (Even for a while before the good ending, she does.) So she works hard to be an artist who can express herself through her art. She just grabs the chance she gets with the Tokyo art school.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

ZXRN wrote:By the way, I'm confused abt something. Can ya guys explain to me what Rin's biggest problem is? Coz, in the neutral, she wanted to be understood right? Then she has to go to Tokyo to change and become an artist that she wants to be. So why does she need to change if she only wants to be understood?

You basically get the neutral ending by encouraging her to be someone else, doing something she doesn't want to. She doesn't really know what she wants or what she is, so she decides this is what she'll do. At least that's how I see it.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hanako's was the worst for me.

Everything you've been doing for her, all your good deeds and noble aspirations, you've only been hurting her more and more each time. Eventually where she reaches the point that she just lashes out at you. You've took somebody that can barley even hold a regular conversation without flinching and pushed her to the point where she's screaming at you. You were trying to fix her, without realizing that it was only driving the idea that she was broken and needed help further into her.

In the end, she lashes out and pushes away the only two people in the world that she feels even remotely close to.

And it's all your fault, hero.
Not Dead Yet