Which ending did you feel hurt the most?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ZXRN

Which ending did you feel hurt the most?

Post by ZXRN »

This is kinda gay from someone like me, but I wanted to bring this up coz one of Rin's ending almost made me cry. (kinda like made me a little happy coz she's successful and all that but a whole lot of sad.

(I don't know if this was already posted as a topic and if it is, I apologize.)
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ivegottogodosomthing

Re: Which ending did you feel hurt the most?

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

Hanako's bad ending probably had the biggest effect on me;really makes you feel like a cold-hearted, apathetic asshole, and at the same time, you feel as if you've let her down, and her life is ruined because of your actions. The worst part is walking out of her room, and leaving her behind, as if you've failed her as not only a friend, but a human being.

Personally, I found Rin's bad ending to be pretty weak, but her neutral ending made a pretty substantial impact. The ending is bittersweet; it's sad, but there is some optimism to be found in it. On a somber note, she hasn't gotten over her emotional problems, and is running away from everyone she knows in order to escape them, but the fact that she's going to a successful art school makes it seem like at least she's headed somewhere in life, and has a good future ahead of her. I will admit though, there's just something romantic and indescribable about watching the girl you love walk away in the rain that just makes the tears drop.

To those who speculate that she's committed suicide, I think that's a bit of a stretch. If I saw more evidence towards that taking place, then I'd no doubt think of that as the saddest, but I just can't quite buy into it. If that were the case, and she really did take her own life, I doubt they would have labeled it as "neutral".
nemz

Post by nemz »

Rin's 'neutral' ending hit the hardest by far, seeing two people who obviously love each other but are apparently incapable of being what the other needs.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Shizune's bad end.

I was prepared to be hit in the face by a bucket of feels. Instead, I got a fucking avalanche.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Sort of Lilly's ending, for personal reasons. "Sort of" because I only played her bad ending for 100% and pretty much skipped through it all to find that it is just a shorter good ending, but at the same time I pretty much bawled through her good ending because a relationship of mine was broken due to a family need to move to another country.
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Emi's bad ending seriously torqued me off. The way that she turtled at the end and acted as if the entire relationship had never taken place made me think that she would be locked into that kind of cycle forever. And it was if the entire arc was a total waste. At least when someone isangry(like Hanako's bad end) there is some chance of walking it back eventually, because at least there is some passion there. With Emi it was just denial and apathy.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

I miraculously managed to evade bad endings (except the manly picnic, but that doesn't really count. :P ), but out of the good endings I got, Rin's good ending was the one that felt bad. Even though I'm sure they'll be happy together, I felt that they still couldn't fully understand each other.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I can be a cold, heartless SOB and say that none of it affected me that badly.

...that is, until I actually played it. I've always been skeptical with VNs (starting with KEY works, then T-MOON) since I used to be more of an 'active gamer' than a reader. That changed after high school, but I was still skeptical about VNs for not being able to deliver enough 'punch' and emotion as what books are capable of (this is back then)

ANYWAY, which ending? Shizune's bad ending and Rin's "neutral" ending equally gave me a mountain of reason to shoot Hisao right there and then. I am an avid airsoft collector, and I have a TM M1911A1 displayed in my room--loaded. Shot myself on the temple after going through Shizune's bad ending (on 2nd playthrough) and did it again on Rin's "neutral" ending (on 1st playthrough)

It hurts. like. hell.
ravenlord wrote:Emi's bad ending seriously torqued me off. The way that she turtled at the end and acted as if the entire relationship had never taken place made me think that she would be locked into that kind of cycle forever. And it was if the entire arc was a total waste. At least when someone is angry(like Hanako's bad end) there is some chance of walking it back eventually, because at least there is some passion there. With Emi it was just denial and apathy.
You nailed that one right. Yes, she did this once before with her first boyfriend, and with the way she 'turtled' herself in the bad ending meant that if anyone are incapable of 'breaking' that shell of her's, she'll be stuck in that pitiful cycle until the earth stops rotating, and cats and dogs live together and sing 'kumbaya'.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Shizune's bad ending hit me hard.
Not only do you ruin these girl's friendship, you ruin your friendship with them as well. And then Shizune blames herself.
Lilly's neutral ending felt very close to home (letting someone go away just like that), but didn't feel as bad.
I only got the other bad endings for 100% completion, so they didn't affect me as much.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

None of the endings hurt me because I don't take video games or fiction that seriously.

But...in terms of the worse endings to me...

Hanako's Bad Ending: That's what you get for being a white knight and trying to protect people who can easily can defend themselves.

Shizune's Bad Ending: Let's be for real here; you knew that Shizune knew that Hisao cheated on her.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

ravenlord wrote:Emi's bad ending seriously torqued me off. The way that she turtled at the end and acted as if the entire relationship had never taken place made me think that she would be locked into that kind of cycle forever. And it was if the entire arc was a total waste. At least when someone isangry(like Hanako's bad end) there is some chance of walking it back eventually, because at least there is some passion there. With Emi it was just denial and apathy.
Stuck in that cycle huh? Never thought of it that way, that's why I didn't feel much when I saw that ending. It's a good thing I got the good ending on my first try. It would have had quite an effect on me otherwise.
Last edited by ZXRN on Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Snow_Storm wrote:None of the endings hurt me because I don't take video games or fiction that seriously.

But...in terms of the worse endings to me...

Hanako's Bad Ending: That's what you get for being a white knight and trying to protect people who can easily can defend themselves.

Shizune's Bad Ending: Let's be for real here; you knew that Shizune knew that Hisao cheated on her.

haha, that's one way to put it. It's not that I take video games seriously, it's just that. I guess I wanna get into it as much as possible (Kinda like saying "fuck" so many times out of frustration on GTA4 when you forgot to save). Coz at the end of the day, it ain't real. And when I finish the game, (like any other games, we just forget abt it sooner or later.)
So I wanna make the most of it before I get tired on a game. I'm not good at explaining it. I'm terrible at that. sorry XD

@nemz: I don't really look at their route guide if I haven't one of the characters end, so I keep at it naturally. Then I got to that ending at the end of my choices, I was like "shiiiiiiiiit, A man must not feel hurt by this outcome." (but it did so anyways...)
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

IMO, the two which really stood out for me and hit home were Hanako bad and alleged Rin 'neutral'

Both of them were just a sudden slap to the face. One out of utter rage and the other... first impression was WTF???? then it sank in that the relationship ended and it was just NOOOOOOOOOO :(
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

Emi's bad ending hit closest to home for me, for sure. It may not have seemed like the "worst" but I've been there, pouring everything into a relationship and then she just decides it's over, oh well, time to move on. That onset of realization that she never took the relationship as seriously as you did and can just walk away with a shrug and a smile, well, that has to be orders of magnitude worse than one that ends with a fight or for some kind of reason. There's nothing worse than feeling hopeless, when the answer to "what did I do wrong? what could I have done differently?" is simply "nothing."
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
Denine

Post by Denine »

I think Hanako's Bad ending hurt me most.The whole Get out! Get out of my room! thing made me feel very uneasy.Also Hisao just left room, and I was like "OMG, you idiot leave her alone for now, like you've done in her good ending.

Lilly's neutral ending was like..."Is..that all? You just let her leave?...Hisao, you idiot.

Shizune's neutral was a bit sad, but no more than Misha's confession on Roof of the school.

About Emi...
when the answer to "what did I do wrong? what could I have done differently?" is simply "nothing."
Precisely.You captured my very feelings about her ending.
Paths done (in order): Hanako, Lilly, Shizune, Emi, Rin
Hardest decision so far: Agree with Lilly or trust my own judgement in Hanako path.